Waterman: paddleboarder, swimmer, surfer, outrigger canoe paddler, bodysurfer, SCUBA and freediver, spearfisherman, kayaker, bodyboarder, water safety consultant and ocean rescue coordinator.
Adventure Racer/Triathlete/Ocean Racer
You can find and follow me on Twitter ( twitter.com/#!/bluewavechris ) and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/bluewavechris ).
Check out my underwater videos on my YouTube Video Channel under the username: bluewavechris.
If you like my photos and would like to use them in some way, please contact me and we can work something out, don't just grab them off this site. All of my images are © Chris Stankis Photography/Blue Wave Images, all rights are reserved, and yes I will legally take action against those who use my photos without my permission. Don't steal.
Update July, 2010:
I have begun uploading images for sale on imagekind: bluewavechris.imagekind.com/
Underwater Photographer & Videographer
In my photo stream there are photos taken with a variety of Canon cameras: the SD110 (3.2mp), S500 (5mp), SD550 (7.1mp) G7 (10mp) D10 (12.1mp) and G1x (14.3mp) Powershots.
Plus I also shoot with a Canon T1i DSLR (15mp) and a Canon 7d DSLR (18mp).
I used or currently use the Canon dedicated UW housings for each of the Powershot cameras (You can read my reviews of the housings on Amazon.com.). For the Canon T1i, I use a Sea&Sea RDX550d housing. In water surf shots are taken with the Canon 7d, housed in a custom CMT surf housing.
Photos of bluewavechris (3)
bluewavechris' favorite photos from other Flickr members (9)
- brilliant flickr 15,253 photos, 1,156 members
- Canon APS-C Camera 96,616 photos, 2,643 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 292,744 photos, 31,322 members
- Canon Powershot D20 156 photos, 32 members
- Be a Hero - GoPro 9,822 photos, 2,284 members
- Split level photography: camera halfway between air and water 448 photos, 222 members
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM 4,814 photos, 795 members
- Canon PowerShot G1-X 16,161 photos, 961 members
- Portraits of Planet Ocean 3,573 photos, 169 members
- Movement & Motion 319,449 photos, 32,591 members
- NASA Venus Transit Observing Challenge 2,182 photos, 1,183 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,525,553 photos, 78,295 members
- ART Selected By ADMINISTRATORS *Public Group (P1 ~ A 3)Level 1 20,171 photos, 1,420 members
- REI Find Out 1,402 photos, 747 members
- Our Animal Photography - High Quality Animal Photography 14,392 photos, 1,552 members
- Sky 200,343 photos, 12,844 members
- Beautiful Clouds 238,514 photos, 17,100 members
- People & Water 13,519 photos, 1,188 members
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ! 134,139 photos, 7,716 members
- Flickr Addicts 4,136,673 photos, 67,551 members
- Hawaii 24/7 7,342 photos, 73 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 432,024 photos, 100,266 members
- Canon EOS 7D Users 30,027 photos, 712 members
- Canon 7D Group 23,288 photos, 357 members
- SURF INTERNATIONAL 3,924 photos, 108 members
- Geotagged: Hawaii 3,554 photos, 38 members
- ♆ Sea & Sea Cameras ♆ 315 photos, 60 members
- Scuba 6,538 photos, 382 members
- Canon G Series Underwater 1,940 photos, 97 members
- PLANET EARTH UNDERWATER 19,335 photos, 842 members
- Big Wave Surfing 1,221 photos, 175 members
- SUP Stand Up Paddle Surfing 1,623 photos, 290 members
- Waves 15,897 photos, 1,294 members
- Waves!! 6,424 photos, 615 members
- Island Culture 2,416 photos, 173 members
- Maui Beaches 1,317 photos, 122 members
- Xtreme girl power 2,390 photos, 232 members
- Anything Nature 199,402 photos, 3,898 members
- Body Boarding 3,132 photos, 200 members
- Hawaii Paradise 35,667 photos, 1,894 members
- Bodyboarding Worldwide 2,975 photos, 204 members
- Girls can ride boards too!! 2,407 photos, 434 members
- Hawaii Surfing 1,061 photos, 52 members
- Surfing USA - and Pro Surfers Worldwide! 6,179 photos, 351 members
- Honolua Bay 345 photos, 29 members
- Wave Riders 11,443 photos, 508 members
- MAUI NO KA OI 3,061 photos, 174 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,942 members
- Canon EF-S 10-22 86,075 photos, 7,987 members
- surfer girl magazine 2,165 photos, 341 members
"thanks to 'rescue' chris for taking so many fine shots of me in the water. the camera i use now is a hand-me-down from him and many of the fine shots you see of me are his lenswork. much mahalos for all your mentoring and imparted skills."
26th November, 2006
- March 2006
- the seven seas
- I am:
- Maui based aquatic tour guide (contact me for more info); Underwater and Surf Photgrapher; Fitness and Sport Consultant and Coach; Endurance/Ocean Race and Event Coordinator; Water Rescue & Water Safety Consultant......yeah I manage to keep myself busy.
- Chris Stankis photography