I joined Fickr in December of 2004 but it was not until Christmas Day 2005 that I began to explore this site. Thanks to the warm welcome by friends who also post at www.wunderground.com Texas Sadie and bioani and the company of friends from WU Marlis1, Coanri, MsPixie, and SleepyOwl who also joined at that time it became a favorite place. Over these past months more old friends have joined with new Flickr friends.
Still trying to balance Flickr’s dual roles as photo sharing site and photo storage site.
Three Favorite Sets
See it here At Belden Tunnel or
See it here NC Botanical Garden 5-12-06 or
See it here Indian Runner Ducklings or
Some Overview Sets
These had their moment on Explore.
Current Most Interesting 100 As determined by Flickr - slide show format (uses the '"new" painfully slow, on black format).
The Current 100 Most Interesting set regular view.
Faves Admin Favorites from Groups or see it at Flickriver. Only flowers.
My blog Red Rainbows contains alternative ways to view some of the sets and photos I keep here. A testing ground and hodge podge.
Photos of birdyboo (10)
- Micro Four Thirds Community 307,988 photos, 7,361 members
- Olympus PEN E-PM2 2,945 photos, 101 members
- ID Please 8,243 photos, 835 members
- Canon SX50 HS 20,618 photos, 1,384 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 51,365 photos, 2,712 members
- Ribbet! - The Official Ribbet Users Group 1,337 photos, 227 members
- PicMonkey 31,226 photos, 1,884 members
- DSC-HX100V 16,456 photos, 704 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 9,763 photos, 569 members
- Railroad Images by Women (RIBW) 4,761 photos, 114 members
- FujiFilm FinePix HS10 / HS11 14,079 photos, 339 members
- Fuji Finepix HS series Gallery 52,729 photos, 1,400 members
- Backroads of New York State 6,317 photos, 99 members
- AMOD AGL3080 GPS 309 photos, 86 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,656 photos, 1,756 members
- Topaz Software 112,621 photos, 5,733 members
- Olympus E-620 Users 29,900 photos, 932 members
- Olympus E-620 User Group 19,895 photos, 599 members
- Wood Ducks 1,976 photos, 215 members
- Akbash 21 photos, 8 members
- United Kennel Club 513 photos, 50 members
- Admin Help -- Assistance for Groups 2 photos, 591 members
- Flickr Clock 4,086 photos, 2,691 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L2 ~ P1/-A5 ~ Invite Only 117,533 photos, 10,240 members
- Pop Sci 2,268 photos, 299 members
- Just Ducks (Post 1 Comment 2) 8,648 photos, 1,140 members
- Secrets of Stats 17 photos, 93 members
- Historic Bridges 15,730 photos, 1,623 members
- Public Aquariums 6,793 photos, 767 members
- Spectacular Insects 55,816 photos, 6,121 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 31,595 photos, 2,522 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 809,735 photos, 26,975 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 26,390 photos, 5,027 members
- Olympus E-5Series Challenge 2,711 photos, 259 members
- FireFlickr - Where Firefox meets Flickr 1 photo, 35 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,311 photos, 1,814 members
- Picnikers - closed 130,714 photos, 10,081 members
- Rarely seen in a zoo! 3,099 photos, 225 members
- Buckingham Branch Railroad 180 photos, 25 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! + More 81,147 photos, 7,123 members
- Rails, Limpkin, and Cranes 1,906 photos, 283 members
- Beginners Video: Tiny Movie Techniques 1,357 photos, 528 members
- National Geographic Channel: Are you good enough? (Videos) 4,365 photos, 974 members
- Canon PowerShot A650IS 1,291 photos, 72 members
- North Carolina Photography 28,104 photos, 747 members
- North Carolina Zoo 3,903 photos, 191 members
- * Animals in Zoos & Parks (post 1 ~ comment 1) 40,957 photos, 2,386 members
- MOVING trains --READ THE RULES 135,338 photos, 3,440 members
- Feathers+Beaks=Birds (P2 / C2) 124,148 photos, 6,732 members
- Animal-Pictures (Plz Comment). 142,646 photos, 10,069 members
mothernature photography says:
"I met Alice several years ago on the WeatherUnderground photo site, where her photos always stood out above the rest. She was also very good about organizing wonderful blog topics, and encouraging others to mingle. But Alice is too talented to confine her work to only one site and at some point she came on over to Flickr.
I joined Flickr in February 2006 at Alice's gentle urging (okay, so it took her several months of prodding with a big stick). It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't know it at the time, but I suspect Alice did. She is an intuitive and wise lady, gifted with her words and camera. I consider Alice to be one of the smartest, kindest, compassionate and talented people I have ever known. Her images are always first rate and interesting, but it is her flower photography that I consider to be the benchmark by which to measure all other flower images. If there is such a thing as perfection, then her images define it. It is clear that she has deep understanding of her subjects, and is able to gently urge the messages of the flowers to be revealed to all of us; no big sticks are necessary."
21st September, 2006
shirl shootin' life says:
"Alice was one of my first few contacts on Flickr. She immediately made me feel welcome and comfortable. Being an amateur, hobbyist photographer, I was more than a little intimidated about posting my pics at first. She was such an encouragement to me and such a blessing and continues to be. With her gentle encouragement, I became braver about posting. She helped me realize you don't need a lot of fancy gear or tons of technical knowledge to capture life around you. She helped give me the courage to trust my own heart's eye. She never allowed me to feel that my pics weren't worthy of being posted. As for HER photography, I am continually amazed by the range of her skill and her keen eye. She has a delightful sense of humor to boot. Thank you, Alice, for all you've done--not just for me but for others as well. You are a true delight to know!"
8th September, 2006
"I have never met Birdyboo but find she is a very generous and intelligant lady.She has some of the most beautiful flower photos I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.She's helped me more than once ID some of the plants I didn't have a name for.All of Biryboo's photos are very beautiful and interesting.I will be back time an again to leave comments even if they are simple ones I'm not to good at putting in words what I want to say.Thanks Birdyboo for sharing your beautiful photos and knowledge with me and everyone else here on flickr."
10th August, 2006
"Alice...aka Birdyboo is totally groovy ;) and a very sweet lady...and one of my very favorite photographers!"
10th March, 2006
"We never met and yet she gives me the feeling I have known her for years :) a warm wonderful person. We got to correspond during WU period. She loves her ducks, the horses and ofcourse flowers. More than once I was speechless looking at some of her beautiful photos. I am a great fan of her duck photos.
Alice also adviced me to have a look at Flickr and I have had no regrets:)) So thank you Alice for doing this and above all, thank you for being a friend:)"
12th February, 2006
"Wise and kind lady, intellectual, sociable and friendly person, reliable advisor and good photographer!"
3rd February, 2006
shelley 791 says:
"Birdy Boo is a wonderful lady! Her beautiful photography reflects her heart and soul I'm so blessed to call her my friend."
25th January, 2006
"birdyboo has been a dear Wug pen-pal for some time now, and I have been admiring her wonderful photographs, enjoyed her sense of humor, her sharp mind and her special talent for instructing the computer challenged (me).
She has encouraged me to check out flickr and sign up.
I have- and I am enjoying every moment.
14th January, 2006
- Alice Wilkman
- December 2004
- Cooperstown NY
- I am:
- Birdyboo at Wunderground.com