I spent 14 years as a professional photographer, the bulk of which was in the Royal Air Force.
Now I'm a physics undergraduate and full-time father so I don't have many opportunities to get out and about with my DSLR.
I have met some wonderful minds through Flickr who've helped to inspire me a great deal - you know who you are, and I thank you!
I hope my more unusual images will also inspire other people to have a go - so get out there and try it!!
After requests from publishers asking to use my images like I'm some kind of 'Publishers' Support Charity', I've recently taken to blocking users who favourite my images, yet have no images themselves.
Why would you do that? Unless you're scrounging round for free images.
Any publishers out there that would like the opportunity to use my images, it would be great Kudos for your portfolio and I promise to credit you...
Some places I've been to:
create your personalized map of europe
create your own visited countries map
I've also been to Ascension Island, but it doesn't show up on here - it's too small!
Photos of CraigMarston (2)
- Rotherham Shutterbugs 2,019 photos, 50 members
- Magna - Visitor Photos 329 photos, 23 members
- Views: 10000 3,683 photos, 3,031 members
- BBC Bang Themes - CLOSED 117 photos, 50 members
- Sheffield City of Culture 252 photos, 54 members
- Manfrotto Official 18,518 photos, 1,981 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 443,118 photos, 93,929 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - JAPAN 1 photo, 1,438 members
- Lego Bands 182 photos, 54 members
- AOLM- Adventures Of Lego Men 13,784 photos, 769 members
- Custom LEGO Minifigs 22,748 photos, 1,528 members
- LEGO WIP 4,250 photos, 856 members
- MAKE 58,100 photos, 7,824 members
- Sheffield Forum photography group 3,167 photos, 75 members
- Creative Sheffield 1,146 photos, 101 members
- Sheffield Guesswhere 28 photos, 92 members
- Sheffield 36,427 photos, 2,030 members
- steampunk 19,102 photos, 3,086 members
- I didn't know that was there? 1,962 photos, 238 members
- Arsey Signs 11 photos, 20 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 290,643 photos, 18,832 members
- Room 222 615 photos, 111 members
- FUJI WORLD 1,316 photos, 40 members
- Band Promos 29,438 photos, 7,654 members
- Esteban 15 photos, 2 members
- East Staffordshire Scenes 501 photos, 35 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 57,584 photos, 6,101 members
- Big UK Flickrmeets 963 photos, 154 members
- Fuji s5 Pro 36,971 photos, 1,767 members
- Infrared UK & Ireland 4,636 photos, 613 members
- Making Fun of Your Friends 82 photos, 32 members
- Red and Blue/Comment on 2 21,537 photos, 2,923 members
- SS Photo Challenge 9 photos, 13 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 51,439 photos, 3,357 members
- Bovinity 173 photos, 31 members
- Cool Britain 40,547 photos, 790 members
- Views: 5000 6,131 photos, 3,724 members
- Expression 540 photos, 63 members
- Things that make Britain Great. 2,786 photos, 159 members
- Stupidity is a Choice ! 768 photos, 114 members
- Ultra Wide Angles 12,413 photos, 1,155 members
- I don't need Photoshop 2,066 photos, 164 members
- Views: 4000 3,074 photos, 2,893 members
- minimum 1500 views 818 photos, 329 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 11,680 photos, 6,084 members
- Stone Circles 5,753 photos, 1,126 members
- That British Eccentricity - A Very British Celebration 4,411 photos, 448 members
- Flickr Blue 55,217 photos, 4,237 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 144,548 photos, 8,502 members
- Great Britain 78,388 photos, 1,653 members
"Writing this about Craig is long overdue. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll keep it short.
Browse through Craig's photostream and you'll find a guy who loves his friends and family and has a whole lot of fun out of life while he's doing it. There is humour in nearly all of his photos so it's well worth the time taken to go through from one end to the other. It is SO good to see great photos from someone who is really enjoying themselves.
Craig, sorry I didn't do this sooner."
15th October, 2007
"Craig and I have never met, but began chatting 'virtually' some five years (or so) ago, due to a mutual friend.
A couple of years ago, another friend introduced me to Flickr and it was there that I first saw some of Craig's work. I was, and have been ever since, very impressed. He has inspired me with technical and aesthetic ideas alike and always lends a helping hand with photographic advice - only too pleased to share the wealth!
Craig, it's your fault mate, that I am stuck to this stupid computer keyboard for so many hours a day and get so much grief from my long-suffering partner Elena.
Craig is another friend I hope to meet one day. Power to your lens!"
31st August, 2007
Sam Knox says:
"What can I say about Craig?
Don't give him coffee or sugar.
Craig has been a close and trusted friend for many years now, and I have deep and profound respect for his skills as a photographer, an artist, a musician, and an all round great guy.
Craig introduced me to the wondrous hypercative pleasures of pocket coffee's, and he was the creative genius behind my wedding photo's back in September 2000.
His fascination with technology and gadgets leaves me breathless, and I sometimes struggle to keep up with his techy talk (and I'm a collossal geek myself too).
What a guy!
Oh, did I mention he has a brilliant website at www.MarstonPhotog... ?"
26th August, 2007
"Craig takes some great photos. :)"
21st September, 2006
Neil says says:
"Craig's sense of humor is what first got my attention and he has remained one of the funniest people I know on Flickr. He has a serious thing about the color blue and do check out the great IR pictures in his stream. A word of warning though: Craig always has to have the last word! Just accept that and you'll love his stuff.
[Ed: No I don't!]"
25th June, 2006
tricky (rick harrison) says:
"It's always great to see Craig's photos, partly through them being so inventive and fun, partly cos they're so colourful (i hear pantone are in talks with him to licence some of the new colours he's discovered), and partly for his sense of humour evident in both his photos and comments!"
13th June, 2006
"I like so much to visit [CraigMarston's photostream] :)
He has a great scenes. Here is the world such as a movie, and sense of humor! really amazing! Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos. :D"
29th May, 2006
"I'm new to both Flickr and the Pro world, but over the last six months Craig has been both an inspiration and support to me. His pictures are something I aspire to and his comments are always an encouragement! I met him simply because we use the same camera body, but now I value his advice above all else, and wish that everyone here shared his generosity and insight. I consider myself fortunate to know him and I hope that you enjoy his outstanding work as much as I do."
7th April, 2006
"knowing craig means a lot to me.
he saved my day many times with his wacky humor.
he´s one of the funniest guys here on this flickr-planet.
apart from that,he´s one hell of a photographer with an
excellent eye for brilliant wide landscape sceneries
and brutal good macro shots.
he just kills me ,blows me outta my pants,
when he´s doing some of
his outstanding b & whites.
i don´t have any idea how to create such beautiful b & w images.
puuuh,good for me that i know him.
watch his stuff and enjoy !!
cheers, mate !!
many thanx,guido !!"
9th September, 2005
"Craig - I know you since only one month or so - but you brought such bundle of soulfulness in my life with all your comments - that the only thing I can do - is to thank you from full heart !
And your photos are so inspiring - beautiful and sophisticated - that I only can say - Thank you - and stay with us - Moon"
4th September, 2005
James Hollier says:
"Craig's creative personality and avant-garde sense of humour, combines with
his understanding of technology to produce images, that are not only fresh
and exiting but extol all the traditional virtues of photography
(composition, focus and exposure), extracting the highest quality from what
ever photographic medium he may be working in whether it be digital or
3rd September, 2005
- Craig Marston
- March 2005
- The Sheffield-Rotherham Frontier, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad. Student. House-husband.
- Craig Marston