Thanks for dropping by. My interest in photography started as a child helping my dad in our makeshift darkroom. After several dormant years, I found myself browsing flickr and becoming captivated more and more. My interest was rekindled. So here I am experimenting in this wonderful world.
- J'y crois 11,724 photos, 420 members
- The Superness of Superosity 4,419 photos, 101 members
- Pentacon and Carl Zeiss Jena 9,400 photos, 614 members
- Can't Stop Shooting Film! 275,584 photos, 6,097 members
- Street Photography Blog 254,813 photos, 12,532 members
- Black and White Stories (from around the world) 24,564 photos, 652 members
- Street Photography Monochrome 12,937 photos, 3,468 members
- Street Photography International 66,586 photos, 2,858 members
- Black & white - Poetic streetshots 62,509 photos, 1,676 members
- ! * Urban LIFE in Metropolis //// 344,048 photos, 8,957 members
- 66graphy. 55,230 photos, 1,259 members
- Film? Because thats how we roll beyotch, dirtay. 35,456 photos, 1,202 members
- They Shoot Film, Don't They? 231,698 photos, 5,531 members
- .film.forever. 305,986 photos, 6,727 members
- expired film 188,747 photos, 9,290 members
- Cross Processing - FILM ONLY 175,100 photos, 14,828 members
- 6x6 magic 312,727 photos, 9,350 members
- The Human Element 23,036 photos, 1,007 members
- Film Is a Passion 24,109 photos, 642 members
- 6x6 Film Portraits 18,958 photos, 1,524 members
- Magician's Square (by invitation only) 7,960 photos, 430 members
- Alive in the Square 3,448 photos, 189 members
- Forty Things We Love About Staci Lee 39 photos, 37 members
- °°ANALOGIC FOREVER°° 32,447 photos, 689 members
- FILM. 254,696 photos, 6,580 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,481,680 photos, 34,702 members
- Film is Awesome! 334,204 photos, 9,698 members
- Analog Photography 1,439,586 photos, 31,780 members
- Keep Us Alive. . ( Film Only ) 3,376 photos, 148 members
- . film first 41,100 photos, 723 members
- Light and Everything 492 photos, 980 members
- film for friday 8,366 photos, 486 members
- American West in Black and White 8,510 photos, 281 members
- FILM26 1,099 photos, 215 members
- Portraits On Film 8,268 photos, 2,134 members
- Pentacon Six 28,657 photos, 2,501 members
- I Shoot Film 2,124,555 photos, 85,828 members
- Classic Black & White ( Film Only) 95,348 photos, 3,018 members
- 100 Strangers 38,498 photos, 9,427 members
- Medium Format (film only) 673,799 photos, 26,334 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 71,528 photos, 4,255 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 285,146 photos, 9,461 members
- 6x6 -B&W- *120Film ONLY* NOT toycamera, pinhole & polaroid 91,198 photos, 5,464 members
- B&W 3,288,903 photos, 162,147 members
- 6x6. 217,930 photos, 6,245 members
- 120 458,217 photos, 13,973 members
- smudge of ashen shadow 559 photos, 348 members
- We like black and white pictures 1,903 photos, 196 members
- Flâneurs et Flâneuses 323 photos, 347 members
- ~nut*meg~ is spicy and we like it that way! 49 photos, 39 members
Maria@through my eyes says:
"I am really thankful to Nigel
because of his inspiration
his visual thoughts are inspiring our thoughts in mind
to feel deeper into a sight
he also is a wonderful poet
in sharing life
through all various emotions...
thank you so much for being such an inspiring contact."
3rd January, 2013
Janey Kay says:
"Bean's photography is so varied and interesting ... he seeks out the new - you know that he looks and looks again - so that you won't see a cliché'd shot amongst his growing portfolio.
And now he's turning back time to film photography ... I'm really interested to see what develops in this adventure! (terrible pun, sorry, sorry!).
Nigel's also a great Flickr contact ... with thoughtful and considered comments.
Nice to meet you here!"
27th November, 2010
"I am so lucky to have Nigel as my husband but putting that aside, I think he is a very talented photographer. I love how he sees the world and how he snaps photos that are so unique to his personality and style. It is a definitely different style and many people are drawn to it, including me. I am learning from him so much here in the photography world and he is very encouraging to me and to his contacts. He is just a wonderful Flickrite and a pretty damn good husband. Just recently, I snapped a photo and said to myself, "That's a Bean shot" and guess what? Even Bean said it was! YES!"
26th June, 2010
Daniela Duncan says:
"Nigel aka Bean* is a very creative and original photographer – his pictures are so unique! I love his unusual choice of angles, his pleasant out of focus compositions and his choices of subjects. His pictures-from-above and his square crops are especially noteworthy. Nigel is very versatile, he also takes great landscape, portraits and flower shots. His pictures in nature are as cool as his street and architecture captures. I admire the fact that Nigel is not afraid to try new approaches to photography – love his “experiments”! He is an inspired artist, a very kind and classy guy. I’m glad I met him on Flickr.
Thank you for being such a wonderful contact, Nigel ~ and for sharing your awesome pictures with us!"
20th May, 2010
"Bean has been a contact of mine for a while now and not only is he generous when looking at other peoples photostreams, he is also growing so quickly as a photographer himself. I love visiting his photostream to watch his progression."
13th March, 2010
Andrezza Dias Haddaway says:
what to say about your photos?
It's like each one of them are fragments of your day... an extension of what you see and how you see the world
your photos is not only about to see but to feel
so i feel the beauty;
i feel emotions;
i feel poetry in the little details between the bokeh in the end of the street and the happiness in the eyes of your son
Keep capturing those little beautiful moments and i'll keep watching you like a spectator on the first line!
23rd February, 2010
Andy Kennelly says:
"Nigel has been a great friend for over 10 years. I noticed about a year ago that he always had his camera whenever I'd see him. He was always creeping around looking for cool shadows and interesting things. Nigel showed me some of his shots on Flickr and soon after, I got the photography bug. Now we go out shooting together and it's great fun. Nigel does some amazing things on his point and shoot and I'm looking forward to seeing he can do with the cool lenses he just inherited."
20th July, 2009
- August 2008
- Manchester, England
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken