Visit me on facebook and twitter
“You don't take a photograph.
You ask, quietly, to borrow it.”
To look for the artistic expression was always an enormously important part of my life. However, as much as I hold dear all forms of expressions in fine art, it is the photography that opened the professional path as an artist for me.
I must say that I love every moment that belongs to the process of creation. But the most intensive moment is the second look — that which is through the camera (the first one is the discovery of a possible photographic momentum without camera) — when what I see out of sheer beauty, takes my breath away. For me these moments have a healing effect.
In and of itself photography is a wonderful means to bring a lot of gratitude and joy into ones existence. To discover and to receive beauty everywhere in front of one’s own doorstep inevitably results in viewing the world with different eyes.
I never conceive the artwork originated from photography as “mine”, because the artistical act of creation is nothing but receiving. And I believe that everything created, that might elevate others inwardly, can never be claimed by an artist as “mine” or “from myself”. If anything, I understand the task of an artist to innerly align, to adjust himself to a certain frequency, to a clear channel through which the miraculous can flow. To simply be present and to be ready to place oneself into the action and to open up for the beautiful – nothing else is necessary.
That’s why I experience my task as “becoming gifted”. It is a gift. And my own part – if at all – is just a minuscule.
For me there is nothing better than to be in nature and in doing so to receive in manifold ways. One of the received things are the pictures, that I want to share with you here. And I hope, that the images are able to transport to you the receiving of the deeply felt graditude for creation and beauty.
In hoping that this will work out,
Most of the time I use:
- Canon 60D
- Nikon D80
- Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG
- a vintage lens from the 70s (a secret :)
- Canon 18-135mm
- Sony Cybershot 7.2
- Olympus µ 1030SW British Green
If you are interested in using or purchasing my photos, please contact me, cause all my photos are under full copyright . All rights are reserved.
Falls Du Fotos benutzen oder erwerben möchtest, kontaktieren mich bitte via E-Mail. Meine Fotos sind durch das Urheberrecht geschützt.
Devotional Fine Art Photography | Lars Basinski's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1,809)
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,718 photos, 102,802 members
- MACRO-EMOTIONS One post a day. Comment before post!! 9,271 photos, 649 members
- iPad Creative. Art and Design. 33,574 photos, 1,178 members
- FloralEssence (Admin Invite Only) 13,193 photos, 829 members
- Super Perfect Photographer Group (OPEN) 3,175 photos, 1,607 members
- Cherry on top! Photography - Invited images - Post 1 Award 2 81,298 photos, 13,418 members
- Flickr Excellent: 10+ Faves Crown Jewels 317 photos, 161 members
- Flickr Social Club 828,199 photos, 32,193 members
- Gorgeous Green Thursday 14,239 photos, 1,888 members
- Platinum Photography Group ~ High Quality~Queue -P1/C3 252,981 photos, 31,563 members
- Visual Delight 73,447 photos, 2,809 members
- "LEGENDARY PICTURES" 1,943 photos, 1,486 members
- Pink 2008 21,067 photos, 8,805 members
- Natural Jewellery-MARCH CONTEST OPEN! 18,335 photos, 3,186 members
- Adobe Photoshop CS (all CS versions) 216,421 photos, 13,514 members
- **Explore Unexplored!** (10 Favs & No Explored) 42,192 photos, 6,485 members
- A Course in Miracles 179 photos, 264 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,162,965 photos, 75,942 members
- Macro Flower Lovers - (P1C2) 100,012 photos, 10,221 members
- BokehLicious 90,475 photos, 4,855 members
- TRANSCENDING 5,144 photos, 238 members
- Amazing Shots Gallery! 224,069 photos, 22,007 members
- Bokeh Wednesday 53,186 photos, 2,969 members
- Vision Quality Group (P1/F2/C2) 103,020 photos, 4,801 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 63,972 photos, 12,444 members
- The Golden Flower - Post 1 & Award 2 56,610 photos, 5,192 members
- Images On White 6,311 photos, 1,637 members
- ·Spirit Of Photography (Post 1 Award 5) - Comment or be banned 736,652 photos, 28,929 members
- Our Hearts Belong To Jan 3,822 photos, 697 members
- FLICKR'S EXQUISITE SHOTS (Invite Only! Award 3) 15,268 photos, 5,107 members
- NATURE'S ELEGANT SHOTS [ Invitation Only / Post 1 - Award 4 ] 66,957 photos, 11,795 members
- FirstQuality ADMIN INVITE P1/C1 NEW CONTESTS 34,581 photos, 3,160 members
- Ecstatic Imagery 130 photos, 26 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 34,446 photos, 10,107 members
- In Fine Style 42,732 photos, 4,670 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 262,687 photos, 30,316 members
- Macro Marvels (Invite only) Post 1 Comment 2 67,566 photos, 10,602 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 563,187 photos, 46,480 members
- Extraordinary Capture Macro Award (Group CLOSED) 7,198 photos, 3,114 members
- Essence of Water (INVITE ONLY) 3,872 photos, 1,067 members
- AUTUMN*FALL P1/A5 ***CONTEST for every member 119,230 photos, 16,793 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 736,480 photos, 24,193 members
- Super Sonic Shots (post 1 & pls comment any 2) 14,415 photos, 1,902 members
- ~PAINTING WITH SPACE~ 17,160 photos, 654 members
- Flickrs heaven- post one- give 5 angels 119,397 photos, 7,437 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 897,603 photos, 53,129 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 493,419 photos, 45,087 members
- *TRANSLUCENT* 9,630 photos, 541 members
- Zen Enlightenment 95,844 photos, 6,553 members
- TIO's "Seal of Approval" (Invited Images Only) 8,270 photos, 829 members
slcook52 (Sylvia) says:
"Lars, Lars. Your photos are my inspiration! I think the first time I saw one of yours was my first *WOW* moment on Flickr. Such extraordinary use of light with your beautiful colors and bokeh! Even the names of your sets express your unique vision...."In your light"..."painting bokeh circles" ..."light filled color paintings". I could have your entire stream on a never-ending slideshow on my computer and never tire of watching it.
These are most sincere words, I truly feel you are one of Flickr's best.
Thank you for sharing with us and for visiting my stream. I am honored to have you as a Flickr friend. My only complaint is that you don't post enough!!"
3rd October, 2008
"Lars has a really wonderful style of photography. Very soft and beautiful images. I think his style fits really well with his philosophy of oneness.
There are no harsh visual elements in Lars' art. All is very clearly flowing from the One wellspring, and all is embedded in all. The Flesh of the world, of the Universe, of all that is.
Lars shows us the very fine highlights and details while making sure we all are reminded that this is a singular subject of which we are an intimate and inseparable part...in unison.
Thanks for sharing your vision with us , Lars. You epitomize the wonderful quote in your profile of borrowing, not taking, photographs."
1st May, 2008
Matthew Fang says:
"About Unison i think you will need time to take a look all he do , coz people can see some thing in the deep mood .
Quality of things,Detailed of image and good eyes to keep beautiful world , i just can say it's good to know some one like you and to be friend keep that way and it'smy honored to know you !!"
30th April, 2008
"Lars Fotografien bezaubern einen jeden Betrachter mit seinen wunderbaren Lichtmalereien!"
9th January, 2008
"I have been in contact with Lars almost from his very beginnings here in Flickr... and I gues it's about time to say how much I appreciate and love his photography. He has such a sensitive eye to find beauty and light in even the smallest ... where one usually just would walk by. And his new camera is really wonderfully helping him to express his love for creation... and the creator. I truly feel honoured to be able to say he is a good and wonderful friend. I am really looking forward to the next steps he will be taking in his artistry. Lars... thank you so much for sharing your lightpaintings with us!"
25th June, 2007
Matt Hughes says:
"I always look forward to seeing what unison comes up with next and for good reason. His photos always seem to have a unique perspective on their subjects and never fail to impress. A great photographer."
15th June, 2007
"lars macht wunderschöne makroaufnahmen, er hat ein tolles auge für details und setzt sie super szene. ich freue mich auf viele weitere dieser super schönen natur aufnahmen..danke dir für teilen;-))"
6th June, 2007
- Lars Basinski
- February 2007
- Mönchengladbach, Germany
- I am: