my name is julia and my flickr is very messy.
i'm currently studying photography at nyu.
i currently use a canon 5d mark ii (primarily with the 50mm 1.4) for my digital work and a 35mm canon ae-1 for my film. i am currently hunting for a med-format camera.
i'm currently whipping a site together, so go here in the meantime.
i also dump lots of photos on my blog.
you can email me at: email@example.com.
if you'd like to be added as a contact, just message me.
- Flickr Friday 2,755 photos, 5,105 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 32,389 photos, 6,483 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 528 photos, 705 members
- Freelensing 7,204 photos, 2,891 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,342,984 photos, 32,907 members
- I Shoot Film 2,030,201 photos, 81,172 members
- * Taiwan Flickr * Favorite Club 30,063 photos, 1,852 members
- 珍視台灣 54,108 photos, 1,322 members
- magic, colors, wishes and beauty 6,378 photos, 1,478 members
- Best of Flickr - Add 3 per Day (1st CONTEST) 11,971 photos, 916 members
- Magical Bokeh 6,100 photos, 537 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 281,373 photos, 31,400 members
- DIYPhotography 23,658 photos, 11,974 members
- The World Up-Close (Nature Macro) 241,718 photos, 12,255 members
- Beautiful Biology 3,735 photos, 230 members
- pastel and dreamy 87,155 photos, 6,992 members
- Teenagers on Flickr 639,681 photos, 29,432 members
- Life According to Us 5,911 photos, 448 members
- Aesthetics of Failure 8,960 photos, 8,099 members
- Burstoid 1,131 photos, 122 members
- Beautiful Eyes 74,653 photos, 7,373 members
- Secret Life of Plants 113,501 photos, 13,995 members
- Magic Moments 590,309 photos, 23,703 members
- waterdrops 119,905 photos, 27,744 members
- Emotive Portraiture 80,524 photos, 5,022 members
- Aspiring Young Photographers 415,744 photos, 12,753 members
- Long Exposures 279,883 photos, 27,526 members
- Portraits... Get Closer! 352,798 photos, 24,173 members
- Night Photography 284,386 photos, 19,708 members
- Fog and Rain 188,240 photos, 36,842 members
- Surrealism 82,876 photos, 6,648 members
- deviantART Deviants 168,594 photos, 11,028 members
- 10 Second Timer (Dash) Self-Portraiture With a Timer 40,082 photos, 3,238 members
- Green is Beautiful 650,614 photos, 53,753 members
- ¡Bokeh! 74,801 photos, 3,670 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography NEW RULES! 927,044 photos, 70,721 members
- Project 365 1,616,892 photos, 27,510 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 555,358 photos, 45,454 members
- dreams and magic 5,138 photos, 3,172 members
- lovely existence 65,978 photos, 3,908 members
- Beautiful Light 652,289 photos, 28,476 members
- Artistic Photography 1,817,737 photos, 66,744 members
- Emotions 336,818 photos, 26,107 members
- Self-Portraits! 470,155 photos, 43,831 members
- A Celebration of Light - Let your Light Shine 80,233 photos, 4,006 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 846,506 photos, 44,266 members
- B&W 2,999,402 photos, 147,840 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,413,856 photos, 123,685 members
- Girl Photographers 768,466 photos, 33,087 members
- Teenage Photographers 765,122 photos, 31,868 members
emma attard says:
"I'm sitting here editing my photo's and I'm thinking - "how did I get this far in such a short amount of time?"
And then I remember you, and how you inspired me to do what I love. Before you finish school, all the adults pressure you to know exactly what you want to be when you grow up.. well, I for one had no idea what I wanted to be. So I left school and worked for the first couple of months, until I stumbled upon your DeviantART account. And may I just say, you truly are the one who really inspired me to do what I loved. I was already into photography, taking photos of the sunset and plants, etc.. with just a basic digital camera. But when I saw your gallery I knew that photography is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Ever since I saw the beautiful photos you could produce with an SLR, I begged for one for my upcoming birthday last year. And it wasn't long after that that I needed to update it from an Olympus to a Canon. Olympus was good, but not ideal for what I had in mind, inspired by you. Ever since I got my Canon on Australia Day my photography has improved immensely. I'm still inspired by your photography! Your 365 project is one of my favorites that I've seen. You can make anything look amazing, whether it's a facial scrub, to your beautiful self portraits.
I just want to thank you again for inspiring me, and helping me see what I really wanted to do with my life. If it wasn't for your gallery on DeviantART last year, then I'm 100% I'd just be drifting through life doing nothing meaningful.
So thank you, Julia, for inspiring me so much.
one of your life long followers.
19th June, 2011
Lina Fochesato says:
I can't believe I've never written you a testimonial before! I'm not good with words but what I want you to know is that I lovelovelovelovelove your work sooo much! Looking through your 365 project has perhaps changed me in a good way. You're very inspiring! Thanks for sharing your awesome photos and good luck for life!"
18th September, 2010
"Julia is only 16, but has a solid portfolio few professional photographers have.
Bokeh lover, she inspires me with simple yet poignant macros, stills and portraits.
If one has the power to inspire others like Julia does, than she has the power to take over the world. :)
Should Julia ever have her name published in National Geographic, I'll be the first (or at least one of the first) people to go and congratulate her for fulfilling her dreams.
All the best, hon.
13th January, 2010
Emily Tebbetts says:
"I've had the pleasure of meeting Julia in real life, and she is fabulous!!
Seriously, Julia is one of those annoyingly talented photographers who literally can make anything beautiful. I wish I could make the every-day things look as artsy and meaningful as she does. Whether its a strikingly beautiful portrait or an amazing macro or just a photo of something lying around her house, it always showcases her talent. this girl is 15 and GOING somewhere"
28th October, 2009
"i've had the honor of meeting this girl in real life - and let me say that she is far talented beyond her years. she has an eye for stunning nature captures, and her portraiture is improving at an incredible rate.
you're wonderful, julia! i hope we get to meet again some day (:
by then, of course, you'll be a world famous photographer."
14th September, 2009
- Julia Wang
- November 2008
- new york city, united states
- I am: