Hi! I'm from the great beautiful state of Michigan. I'm in my sixth decade. It's a pretty good place to be.
The only camera we had when I was young was a Brownie that Grandma Bea loaned us for vacations. It went on all the "big" vacations and went to camp with me in 6th grade.
My friend trykemom threw me a surprise going-away party when I went away to college. The group got me a Kodak Instamatic that I absolutely loved! It was my camera of the next twelve years.
I switched to SLR when I was 30. My mom wanted me to use my dad's camera to take some family pictures. I was hooked. Olympus was the name of the game, and I had a pretty complete kit, plus a little point-and-shoot that went everywhere with me.
Now, the digital. I'm on my second. My first was a Sony f-75: the one where you could put floppy disks into it. Boy, I loved that camera, all 1.6M of it.
Now I have a Fuji, and I love that also. (Except in low light. Grrr.)
It's been two years with this one and now I'm getting the DSLR urge. Hmmmm.
Finally I gave into the DSLR urge, purchasing a Nikon D80 in May of 2008. Two zooms are what I have in play now, an 18-135 and a 70-300, both Nikon. Life is good.
In May of 2006 I moved to a 98-year-old farmhouse in the country that has been in the family for . . . 98-years. I love playing with my camera there.
About the name Aunt Owwee: It's not that I'm a strict person and made the kids say "Ow". Nope. One day they were burying me beneath a pile of toys. I kept saying ow and ouch, especially when they balanced the toy piano on my head. Hence the name.
Great Nephew was born in January, 2007.
Great Niece was born in October, 2007.
You can find my blog here
Free Disney Tickers
Photos of Aunt Owwee (5)
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,302 photos, 7,444 members
- I love my cat 289,496 photos, 37,578 members
- Love of the feline *Comment the shot on your right ! 23,457 photos, 2,357 members
- ALL CATS ALLOWED!!! 225,409 photos, 18,493 members
- Wedding Photographers 150,071 photos, 17,799 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200,D5100,D5200,D7000,D7100 and open to all. 218,639 photos, 13,109 members
- HEARTS all HEARTS 41,605 photos, 11,449 members
- Engagement Shots 29,422 photos, 4,131 members
- Wedding Photography 212,604 photos, 43,920 members
- Fenner Nature Center 439 photos, 15 members
- Old And Beautiful (buildings ,barns, shacks, and abandoned homes 110,428 photos, 9,158 members
- What a Lucky Shot! 10,520 photos, 745 members
- Faces of Portraits 97,168 photos, 5,633 members
- 30 Days, One Object 5,965 photos, 229 members
- The Whitetail Deer 12,431 photos, 1,249 members
- Gardening 31,123 photos, 2,701 members
- My Garden 62,656 photos, 3,058 members
- Canon / Nikon Amateur Gallery 49,211 photos, 1,361 members
- Eaton County, Michigan 694 photos, 16 members
- Abandoned Michigan 5,658 photos, 455 members
- Doors and Windows in Decay 14,255 photos, 5,026 members
- Colorful World: YELLOW Day 26,326 photos, 1,618 members
- Just me and my camera ! 241,211 photos, 3,120 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism Wednesdays is *OPEN* 3,154,984 photos, 92,023 members
- Farm Tractors 21,857 photos, 1,701 members
- Amish 3,771 photos, 626 members
- Cat Portraits 125,520 photos, 15,734 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 139,061 photos, 9,927 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 284,908 photos, 10,130 members
- My Country Road 19,117 photos, 1,221 members
- on the country side 40,685 photos, 2,184 members
- Great Lakes lighthouses 6,964 photos, 647 members
- All things Autumn 29,820 photos, 1,975 members
- Fall Into Autumn 84,460 photos, 8,084 members
- Corn 855 photos, 358 members
- cat couples 13,482 photos, 1,463 members
- wabi sabi suki 16,809 photos, 1,504 members
- Jumping Project 47,861 photos, 24,325 members
- Absolute Michigan 168,684 photos, 3,355 members
- Vanishing Beauty - Please read the group description! 63,217 photos, 11,318 members
- Countryside 33,870 photos, 1,876 members
- Rural America 81,512 photos, 2,778 members
- Reflections 474,117 photos, 43,473 members
- Just Windows! 122,852 photos, 14,131 members
- State Capitols 8,419 photos, 842 members
- Black Pets (is for BLACK PETS only!) 11,575 photos, 1,468 members
- weathered wood 20,101 photos, 2,400 members
- In Alphabetical Order 8,234 photos, 192 members
- aPeeling Paint 26,726 photos, 2,382 members
- If These Walls Could Talk... 37,219 photos, 2,008 members
"What can I say? Shirl is my friend whom I met online in 2002. We are the same age and more importantly, I like to think of her as the heart and the glue that keeps many of us centered in our ever extending blogging family."
26th September, 2008
Thank you for staying on me to get into flickr...
You know....you just know....
thank you for being the positive role model that you have been to me for all these years....including Flickr and photography in general...
I can aspire all I want, but will not match your creativity, style or photographic prowess...
Every DAY, I see something in your work, you shot that is just so nice, so real, so right...I try to achieve the same in mine...
I could babble on and on about ya, I'll stop now, but thank you"
22nd September, 2008
"Shirl the Pearl. My flickr mentor. I appreciate the encouragement, Shirl, thank you. Love your photos too. The 'goose' is a masterpiece!"
30th April, 2007
"my friend shirl!
she's a pearl!
her flickr pics
make me a happy girl!
31st August, 2006
"Looking at her photos always makes me feel better. "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in a most delightful way.""
12th June, 2006
"Shirl is my longest running friend. And I have admired her photos almost as long as I've known her. When I moved to Florida almost 18 years ago, a wonderful photo of my daughter Shirl took went with me.
Fast forward to recent history. I rediscovered photography as I began to like Florida. But I have been spending much too much time with people who tell me all that is wrong with my pictures. Shirl decided I needed Flickr and sponsored me. What a great gift, I love it.
I also love seeing her photos of home. Love the farm Shirl. She is also very supportive of my photos."
12th December, 2005
- March 2005
- I am: