An opportunist photographer
Whatever floats your boat - click one of the above, or click here.
The vast majority of my photos have an Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license. Please respect this. I do appreciate being told if one of my images has been used in a blog or similar. It's nice to see them 'out there'.
To find out more about this license, click on the image below.
If you wish to use any of my images for commercial purposes, please contact me by FlickrMail. I'm quite friendly and open to offers on small-scale, low budget projects but generally if it is for commercial use I will request some payment.
If you fave a lot of my photos, but have none of your own to share and no profile or icon, it is highly likely that I will block you. Flickr is for two-way traffic, not for collecting other people's photos.
Groups I started and actively admin:
a Day In the Life Of ... (Oct 2004)
Amazing Sunlight (Oct 2008)
At the Bottom of the Garden (May 2005)
Creative Fruit & Veg (Feb 2008)
Glimpse (Dec 2004)
Isle of Wight (Jan 2005)
Lawrence Stanley Lee 1909 - 2011 (Sept 2009)
Old Books (Jan 2010)
Stepping Out (Jul 2006)
Groups I admin or moderate:
Rusty and Crusty
Groups I started but no longer admin:
Boats (Nov 2004)
Fruit and Veg (Nov 2004)
Gold (Jan 2005)
Leaves (No Trees Please!!!) (Nov 2004)
Rot Squad (Feb 2007)
- #Flickr10 8,265 photos, 1,263 members
- 2014: A Year in Pictures 5,126 photos, 150 members
- 52 of 2014 752 photos, 134 members
- Pteridomania 116 photos, 32 members
- In A Row 17,296 photos, 1,094 members
- Anti-glamour Babes 1,255 photos, 57 members
- The Siblinghood of the Travelling Wookie Hood 3 photos, 36 members
- 365ish 12,740 photos, 244 members
- 365 More 48,111 photos, 214 members
- 365 Days 2013 2,651 photos, 26 members
- 365 Days 1,022,442 photos, 21,545 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 113,002 photos, 17,499 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 257 photos, 28 members
- Glastonbury, UK 1,364 photos, 154 members
- Glastonbury Tor 1,365 photos, 283 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 311,367 photos, 15,971 members
- Instagram 136,111 photos, 8,208 members
- iPhoneography 353,878 photos, 11,948 members
- Diptic App 9,819 photos, 2,961 members
- Flickr CPR 6,917 photos, 569 members
- Anything Iphone 3,908 photos, 30 members
- Free Art Friday 3,812 photos, 1,579 members
- Big Al Davies Collage Squad 405 photos, 61 members
- The Seaside 355 photos, 19 members
- Barcelona Photos 71,505 photos, 3,870 members
- Barcelona Pics 119,096 photos, 6,164 members
- CoffeeMinded 1,351 photos, 106 members
- Portsmouth, UK 5,651 photos, 345 members
- Quantity 1,508 photos, 115 members
- Repetition 30,958 photos, 2,334 members
- Flickr Hacks 445 photos, 18,237 members
- Orange and Blue 23,481 photos, 7,274 members
- The Rustiest Stuff In The World, Just Got Rustier 6,304 photos, 631 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,760 photos, 102,765 members
- Toy Camera Street Art 1,890 photos, 635 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,199 photos, 313 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 4,840 photos, 16,546 members
- UK Utata Meetups 99 photos, 20 members
- Scratch'n'Sniff 1,565 photos, 89 members
- Glastonbury 2011 - The People 163 photos, 29 members
- Glastonbury festival 2011 1,280 photos, 102 members
- Glastonbury 2011 656 photos, 53 members
- Alan Younger (1933 - 2004) Stained Glass 68 photos, 13 members
- Hipsta Creatures Great and Small 2,095 photos, 99 members
- What Is Hipstamatic?? 4,541 photos, 92 members
- Solent 6,361 photos, 238 members
- Coeliac - Gluten free living! 5,519 photos, 447 members
- we love southsea common :o) 419 photos, 41 members
- More than just a portrait... 3,297 photos, 408 members
- Glitch Art 11,000 photos, 7,856 members
"Simply the best. Welsh Woman with a stream of delight. Dip in, have a cuppa, settle down, and relax and enjoy. She's more prolific than Mr Prolific the painter who painted 100 canvases a day. She's my pal and this is my third testimonial to her, so she doesn't delete either."
25th March, 2012
"I first met Auntie P many years ago at College and over time our paths have crossed. Back then I had not discovered my photographic journey but I do remember Auntie P talking so passionately about it. You can see from this photostream that passion and she has been a very good friend to many in groups and at workshops. An eye for a photo in the most unsuspecting places, and a true talented photographer."
9th October, 2011
"I second and third everything all these lovely testimonials sat about the amazing Auntie P...
We spent a lovely day together last year photographing a graveyard...( where else??!)
and I long & look forward to having another day together
as she is a lovely friend and an inspiration....
she has made me see things in different ways and widened my horizons!
I can't lie and say I have looked at all the pictures in her huge stream
( 10,000 and counting!!)...
but everyone I do see is a WOW look at that moment...
which really says it all as far a photography goes...
Check some of her stream out..anywhere you dip your toes will be the right place :~))"
7th December, 2008
"wow - is there anything left for Auntie P to shoot? I do like someone who turns their camera onto unusual objects. Certainly the Isle of Wight seems to have plenty of rusty springs! lol. Keep up the good work."
11th October, 2007
"Auntie P has quickly won my heart over with her luscious photography, and her dedication to capturing the miracle of growing things on this surprising planet.
Actual News Guy
26th December, 2006
"Auntie P's diversity and the knack for picking up on subjects that most of us would throw away or walk on, is what draws me to her photostream on a frequent basis.
She captures the most mundane subject in the most interesting way imaginable and somehow spreads that interest to others.
And although I have never met or spoken to Paula verbally, I consider her a good friend and photographic FAQ board! :)"
30th October, 2006
"Just been reading all these testimonials, and you've all reduced me to tears. Auntie p has been my friend for a long time. I call her my muse, she is the most incredible person anyone will ever meet. The only person I trust without reservation, and I'm leaving to be closer to my grandchildren 200+ miles away. We studied photography together, and spent many happy hours singing and boping round the dark room together, when we go out we take photographs of the same things, yet Aunties are always so much better.
she is an inspiration, just look at all the ordinary mundane things she photographs. Things most people wouldn't even notice turn into works of art when she points her camera at them."
6th October, 2006
gnawledge wurker says:
"great range of subjects, so very well photographed, a real treat to view this photostream of excellent work made by someone with a very good eye."
8th August, 2006
Chris Campbell says:
"Auntie P was one of the first people to leave a comment one of my photos and we both were new around Flickr around the same time. She has a wonderful eye and manages to capture and share lovely moments from her world and her life. I'm glad that I've been able to see the world through her lens and Flickr is a much better place because of her."
5th June, 2006
big al davies says:
"We were destined to meet as the only Welsh people on Flickr a long time ago, in the days before Owain, Mord, and the yellow people of Tongwynlais. Onward to Mordor we screamed whilst listening to Barafundle on our headphones. It is 1967 again and rust and flowers are here. The bestest pics from a Welsh woman in England."
28th May, 2006
"You'll never get through this stream but you must try, its bulging with interesting photos of things you may never have thought about, you will learn, you will enjoy, and I myself look forward to the day that I might have the privilege of meeting the lovely AP, if it never happens I'll cry.
New Flash update :
It happened !, I have met the lovely Auntie P and she's is everything I thought she would be and more, beautiful, intelligent, a great sense of humour, witty, talented, a mummy, but best of all she is now my friend.
So you simply must look at these photos I command you, ( you still wont get through them and I believe its Auntie that crashes Flickr ) but look at some, do it by sets ( the AP reccomended way ) and take your time."
7th March, 2006
Ladder Chine says:
"A brilliant eye for detail and a wide choice of interesting subjects in Auntie P's shots. She captures the old and new together, sees the small things that make great pictures and makes excellent use of colour. Go through ALL her photos if you have a spare year or 2....you won't be disappointed!"
4th March, 2006
Big Al Davies says:
"Energy, vitality, and rhythm abound here, a stream of delights, a mix of subjects, from wonderful black and whites to rusty bits and pieces that most people don't see, and here they are brought to life. I guess that in the pub when Auntie is sitting in a dark corner, she has the dirty laugh that spreads through like a wave of delight.
Check her out, the finest Welsh Woman on the Isle of Wight, bring a flask and sandwiches theres a lot of great stuff to see here."
16th June, 2005
"Auntie P. is an explorer and her vision is capable of focusing from the wide open view to the narrow bit of rust barely holding on. I love her use of color and balance, and her approach to the subject - whatever subject - with true wonder and respect. Her intelligence also shines in her very personable posts and discussions. All in all a lovely person showing from behind the camera."
9th April, 2005
May Ann Licudine says:
"She's a busy amazing photographer!!!!
10th February, 2005
- October 2004
- Southsea, UK
- I am:
- Female and Single