Some of Jon and Julie's favourite pictures of our favourite places using a variety of cameras including my beloved little Canon compact, Julie's Nikon film camera and my Canon 400D.
Themes are generally countryside and architecture - around the latter you'll find there's varying amounts of verbage as a result of my interest in the history of why things look how they do today and my thoughts on what things may look like in the future... if Norman Foster and Make have their way the Earth will be covered in glass - it already being blue and curved there's only one more step for them to attain their goal.
The current zenith of my achievements is to have a portfolio of architectural shots featured on the Guardian Camera Club. Could this be fame at last - my guess is I'll keep hold of the day job pending that million dollar commission.
I've also made No.1 on explore, which was a curious experience to say the least.
I'm the admin for a couple of groups:
www.flickr.com/groups/ampthill which is, unsurprisingly, for pictures of Ampthill in Bedfordshire and the surrounding area as the name of the group may suggest.
www.flickr.com/groups/hill-figures which is for pictures of White Horse and other carvings on the hillside.
www.flickr.com/groups/paul-insect which is the complete collection of Paul Insect art/graffiti
www.flickr.com/groups/drift-08 for pictures from the Drift exhibition of art installations in London, 2008.
Information on these here:
(I'm also fond of Tin Eye as a tool to look for stolen images.)
My Gallery on Darkr
A Gallery of my shots ranked by Interestingnessabilityness
A small portfolio at fivepastcool on carbonmade.
Photos of Another Partial Success (9)
- City and Architecture 17,407 photos, 1,704 members
- Britain Black & White 306 photos, 71 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 432,028 photos, 100,234 members
- Hitchin Photowalks/Monthly meetings 94 photos, 12 members
- Street photography - candid photo group 13,008 photos, 241 members
- New Ruins of Great Britain 29 photos, 7 members
- LGC Picture This 2011 149 photos, 10 members
- Flickreenos Against **Seagulls (and other cover photos)** 1 photo, 88 members
- The Masterpiece Cleaners Photo Collage & Joiner Association 3,141 photos, 366 members
- Losers of the world 525 photos, 35 members
- Documenting Contemporary London 1,165 photos, 134 members
- London Reflections 2,227 photos, 157 members
- Nothing To See Here 5,655 photos, 369 members
- Kraków 29,696 photos, 2,156 members
- London by Londoners 237,311 photos, 8,836 members
- British and Irish Television and Movie Locations 1,530 photos, 325 members
- Glastonbury 1994 13 photos, 4 members
- Auschwitz 7,475 photos, 1,377 members
- Members' Room 17,177 photos, 334 members
- The Barbican 2,511 photos, 341 members
- Barbican Centre 3,175 photos, 388 members
- Mamore Lodge Hotel for all 32 photos, 5 members
- Photos from the ground! 2,759 photos, 355 members
- Pennine Way 2,026 photos, 89 members
- Derelict London 2,668 photos, 311 members
- Art Deco - London 1,391 photos, 138 members
- abandoned asylums 11,757 photos, 774 members
- Boarded-up shops 909 photos, 72 members
- Precinct 13 2,275 photos, 239 members
- Londoners Street Photography 12,424 photos, 1,431 members
- minimal corner 2,550 photos, 400 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 171,071 photos, 14,622 members
- Guardian Camera Club 27,550 photos, 13,051 members
- Inspired by Kraftwerk 72 photos, 49 members
- Yashica Mat 62,155 photos, 4,805 members
- Moorfields Highwalk and South Barbican 187 photos, 19 members
- Found Text 6,459 photos, 634 members
- Ghostsigns 9,511 photos, 658 members
- Bedford life 661 photos, 58 members
- Sick Britain 7,270 photos, 288 members
- Urban Excellence 24,129 photos, 933 members
- Guerrilla Graphics 131 photos, 91 members
- Guess Where London? 30 photos, 1,790 members
- London lettering 3,785 photos, 155 members
- Norman Foster 2,329 photos, 328 members
- Foster and Partners 3,118 photos, 408 members
- Works in London 476 photos, 21 members
- Telephone Exchanges 752 photos, 182 members
- plagiarise or take on loan 1,172 photos, 374 members
- 'Here began all my dreams' - My life as sung by the Smiths 262 photos, 53 members
Jonno Witts says:
"Jon is an amazing photographer, his photos and commentary are unique!"
30th December, 2011
"A wonderful social documentary photographer who captures points of time which are dying and about to be lost forever without most people realising"
8th September, 2008
"Jon has a gift for capturing emotions! Whether it be the facade of a decaying building or the raw beauty of a young woman's portrait, an abstract geometric form or the tranquility of huge fluffy clouds the images are all charged with a unique stimulating power! Historian would be one appropriate title but a deeper look would uncover a childlike awe of all we call life."
26th August, 2008
- October 2007
- A very small village near Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Abstract artist, concrete realist and a ruthless bookie
- Five Past Cool