Sometimes I aim for art, sometimes I am trying to snap events for people. I enjoy critical comments so I can improve my photography skills. I would love to try doing more portraits. I usually simply take photos of scenes at night.
I love black & white and sepia photos that remind me of film noir. I also love photoethnography especially @ Europe and Japan.
If you are coming to Honolulu, check out or flickr group. We meet about every month, even if I am often unable to attend. These days (=2013), I don't think the flickr group is so active, and I am busy most Fridays, but there are three photo groups in Honolulu which meet often. Check them out at www.meetup.com/
I like playing with cameras and manual lenses, but try to keep the obsession on a budget, so some of these cameras have been sold or died:
Digital SLR: Sony a300, Canon 10D, 50D, 5D 'Classic', Nikon D70
Other Digital Cameras: Samsung ST5, Lumix DMC FZ7, Nikon Coolpix P310, FujiFilm X10, Sony NEX-5
35mm SLR: Nikomat FT, Pentax Spotmatic, Praktica Super TL, Topcon D-1, Exakta VXIIa
Medium Format: Rolleicord IV, YashicaMat, Mamiya M645j, and some folding cameras
Rangefinders: Leica IIIc/f, M6, Yashica Electro 35, Voigtländer Bessa-L
35 mm Toy TLR: Gakkenflex
Viewfinders: Polaroid Sun600, SX-70
For Getting Wet: Canon WP-1
Pinhole: RT's Super "Film Can Cam"
Bookends: Zeiss-Ikon Box-Tengor 56/2; Zeiss-Ikon Volta
Intellectual Property / Using Images
I have many types of images on this stream from group snapshots to art and documentary photos.
Most of my images used to be available for Non Profit organizations under the Creative Commons agreement if you agree to the terms of Attribution, Noncommercial, Share Alike. Please note the terms on each image. Please credit "Photo: Drew Wertheimer." However I got very tired of my images being poached and re-posted without agreement of these terms. I have since changed all images to (c).
If you want to use the image for educational / non-profit use please e-mail me. Please give me the URL and title of the image and what you want to use it for. Thank you.
If you want to use my image for Commercial use, please secure the rights from Getty Images. Before signing with Getty I've had images used by the New Yorker, Oregon Public Radio, and a number of non-profit and a number of educational organizations.
If I posted a photo of you (and only you), please feel free to use it for whatever you like. Feel free to credit "Photo: Drew Wertheimer" but don't feel obliged. One reason I post photos is to make it easy for you to download your image. To download click on the magnifying glass icon, then click on "View all sizes" then you should see "Download the Large [or whatever size you select] size of this photo." It should then be available on your download folder.
By the way, please don't post blinking things (like awards) or very large images on my photo stream. Thanks.
I am happy to have people FAVE my photos, but I might block you if you FAVE an item and don't have photos on your page or if you have more FAVs than photos. I don't want people using my images on another page without permission, and these are often trolling such images.
- Preservation Week 2012 2 photos, 2 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 9,467 photos, 2,143 members
- Historic Camera 4,195 photos, 184 members
- Large Format 56,579 photos, 9,337 members
- Nikon Rangefinder Porn... 287 photos, 110 members
- Nikon Rangefinder 3,647 photos, 250 members
- Flektogon 499 photos, 91 members
- Boats 248,494 photos, 21,712 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 151,637 photos, 11,527 members
- Street Photography 88,917 photos, 29,966 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 135,872 photos, 4,319 members
- Aircraft Spotting 492,611 photos, 4,998 members
- Airplanes 332,033 photos, 7,748 members
- Airplanes and Airports 389,082 photos, 9,532 members
- Battleship Island:軍艦島 1,096 photos, 247 members
- Helios-44-2 10,805 photos, 1,371 members
- flickr global ceramic collaboration 2,081 photos, 106 members
- Sony α NEX 227,355 photos, 10,532 members
- Olympus OM G.Zuiko 50mm f1.4 483 photos, 98 members
- AT HOME WITH BOOKS 1,554 photos, 233 members
- Hawaii Street Photography 624 photos, 125 members
- UHM LIS 307 photos, 20 members
- Leica M Users 253,865 photos, 6,568 members
- Leica M photography 131,832 photos, 4,368 members
- M6 & MP LEICA 66,610 photos, 2,996 members
- MONOCHROME JAPAN 556 photos, 383 members
- JAPAN-IN-BW (Black-and-White) 36,435 photos, 1,240 members
- WWPW Tokyo 141 photos, 18 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 402,568 photos, 17,747 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series Users in Japan 5,963 photos, 196 members
- Canon 5D Classic Users 32,083 photos, 1,618 members
- ! **Japan Scape / 和風景 26,647 photos, 1,204 members
- ! **Quiet (not people) 63,206 photos, 3,777 members
- ! **Sorairo Jikan / 空色時間 / the time of sky color 12,663 photos, 697 members
- Nikon Coolpix P310 482 photos, 31 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 63,023 photos, 4,358 members
- Zeiss Ikon Medium Format Group 9,692 photos, 1,358 members
- Mazie For Hawaii 289 photos, 6 members
- Hawaii Democrats (unofficial) 397 photos, 1 member
- cafe 34,983 photos, 5,416 members
- ! **Camera! Camera! Camera! 1,603 photos, 232 members
- ! **Cafe Jikan / カフェ時間 6,555 photos, 607 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 216,500 photos, 11,807 members
- we only come out at night 1,138 photos, 31 members
- All Cats Are Gray By Night 15,980 photos, 783 members
- Hawaii Leica users 341 photos, 16 members
- Folding Fanatics 2,367 photos, 481 members
- Instant Film Pinhole Photography 688 photos, 106 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 43,487 photos, 1,344 members
- Hawaii Photo Critique 33 photos, 18 members
"What a pleasure it is to meet this smart, funny chap with a great eye for photography! Looking forward to perusing your photos more..."
20th November, 2009
"A special day in my life, for meeting Drew.
A few more steps to the path of my future have been added because of this. A great inspiration from Drew and his photography."
24th October, 2009
"From his photos I can see that he loves his hometown. I enjoy how he politely records Honolulu scenes. I am thankful he is on flickr."
10th October, 2009
- Andrew Wertheimer
- July 2008
- I am: