I love the outdoors, travel, and my digital camera. I enjoy finding images of things you wouldn't think to look at -- they are often beautiful/fascinating.
I shoot mostly with a Nikon D-700 and an Olympus OM-D. I get a lot of questions about Micro Four Thirds, so I wrote a review when I bought my first m4/3 camera:
Photos of andertho (2)
- Beavers Beavers Beavers 511 photos, 218 members
- yosemite 32,532 photos, 5,095 members
- Yosemite Nation 3,720 photos, 591 members
- Global Photojournalism; Politics, News, Protest, and Culture 244,611 photos, 17,468 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 11,206 photos, 9,486 members
- Landscapes!!! 92,577 photos, 7,410 members
- fungi 60,249 photos, 6,899 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 120,515 photos, 8,398 members
- Flickr Photographer 56,068 photos, 2,331 members
- The Mind Wanders 21 photos, 30 members
- Flickr Friday 3,278 photos, 5,958 members
- Flickr for iPhone 12,216 photos, 2,136 members
- Holga 248,630 photos, 19,393 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,272 photos, 7,383 members
- America´s Cup 1,484 photos, 352 members
- Flickr CPR 4,961 photos, 573 members
- Kingdom of Jordan 21,599 photos, 1,635 members
- Flickr Photoshop Professional 22 photos, 155 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 34,718 photos, 2,437 members
- Pinwide 2,077 photos, 351 members
- Digital Pinhole Photography 6,324 photos, 1,651 members
- Tebowing 51 photos, 31 members
- Photo Talk Plus 659 photos, 364 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,901 photos, 14,895 members
- Londonist 213,218 photos, 5,882 members
- London 717,282 photos, 32,141 members
- Fuji X100 101,526 photos, 7,173 members
- Occupy Wall Street 3,072 photos, 356 members
- ThePhotographyForum.net 220 photos, 27 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 2,515 photos, 495 members
- U.S. Politics and the World; Political Debate w/ FREE SPEECH 1,461 photos, 114 members
- Big Sur, California 9,828 photos, 1,427 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 640,669 photos, 31,625 members
- California State Parks and Beaches 14,988 photos, 982 members
- SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA 10,696 photos, 615 members
- San Jose 13,545 photos, 943 members
- Santa Clara County Parks 398 photos, 25 members
- California's Bay Area Group 72,038 photos, 3,242 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 104,177 photos, 8,311 members
- NationalEagleCenter 4,414 photos, 357 members
- Maine Coon Cats 23,228 photos, 1,846 members
- Maine Coon Katz & Maxi Cat Friends 7,746 photos, 885 members
- Time & Place 3,261 photos, 416 members
- Giants Fever 2,126 photos, 93 members
- SF Bay Area Shooters (sfbas) 121,358 photos, 4,209 members
- Nevada Travel 10,276 photos, 538 members
- Nikon Digital 1,517,676 photos, 66,588 members
- DeleteMe! Now with 20% more flavour! 7 photos, 4,759 members
- The Icebox Book 149 photos, 74 members
- Aging Hippy Neo-Marxist Illusionary SEAL OF APPROVAL 63 photos, 26 members
"Tom is such a talented photographer that when he produces shots that are merely "good" I'm taken aback by how pale they are in comparison to the tons of shots he has that are great. Looking simply at his "Portfolio" or "Most Faved" set for his best work is like hoping to see all of D.C. from the window of your hotel room. Go back into his pages. Make the effort to dig in by a few thousand photos.
He has a fantastic eye for composition and either always finds, or always anticipates, the right moment when the shutter should be pressed. I struggle with the kind of timing that comes so easily to him."
13th May, 2010
Thomas Hawk says:
"Andertho is one of my favorite pals on Flickr. He has a fantastic eye photographically speaking and he also ardently supports principles of free speech as a member of the Flickr community.
I've known Andertho for several years now and have had the good fortune of shooting with him in San Francisco.
Andertho speaks his opinions with conviction. He is not afraid to espouse politically or socially unpopular ideas. Where many online back down against large groups and the groupthink that sometimes accompany them, he stands up for the his ideas and thoughts with fervor. It is great having someone like him around the community who challenges thinking.
Get to know Andertho and his photography."
14th January, 2010
"This man has a notion of color well beyond any photographer I've seen on flickr. Joint this with his strong attitude and you have the ingredient for drama and beauty in photography."
10th August, 2008
"andertho is a terrific photographer who excels in capturing all aspects of life in and around the Washington D.C. area. With his eye for detail and camera at his side, andertho is always ready to take a great photo of whatever crosses his path during the day."
20th July, 2008
"Andertho is equally at home showing you the dresses of the first ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian and taking photos while bullets whiz past his head. If you ever had to make it out of a hostile land without a passport or any money, you would be wise to have him along. He also makes a mean gimlet and looks swell in evening clothes."
20th April, 2008
o! patric says:
"a double spacing madman. like pierre, andertho keeps proving me wrong in dmu political discussions and i'm getting sick of it!"
19th April, 2008
Ice Nine says:
"To hello. I liek your photo. They are good and I liek them. Perhaps you need to be save and witness? www.objectivemini..."
31st December, 2007
Sadie Shooter says:
"Andertho takes amazing photographs. He has a vision that is all his own and for the most part I really love living in his photostream. I enjoy getting lost in his many land and sky scapes.
He's a wonderful photographer."
21st July, 2007
"Over the past (TIME PERIOD) I have come to regard (USERNAME) not so much as a friend, but more as someone I've never met. He/she* (Delete as applicable) is a true and trusted e-cquaintance."
21st July, 2007
"He's got a real eye for nature.
17th July, 2007
"Apart from being a witty person, andertho is also an excellent photographer. His pictures of DC make me want to travel to the US and (re)discover this city."
18th June, 2007
Pig Sty Avenue says:
"Andertho's a great photographer and a real person in every sense."
22nd May, 2007
"A monolithic photographer. His photography can best be described as monumental. His images are like statuesque constructs. Edifices unto themselves, Andertho is to the world of photography what Rodan is to the world of auto repair."
19th July, 2006
"Talented doesn't even begin to desrcibe this photographer. He has an amazing ability to capture beauty."
13th July, 2006
Serge Arsenie says:
"Tom is a very gifted individual. He has the ability to produce a beautiful photograph with only his wits and a piece of equipment. I enjoy his countless flow of astounding photographs. Take a good look through his photostream, you will not be disappointed!
P.S. -- I especially enjoyed your series from Italy, props to you."
5th March, 2006
"Andertho and I have a shared history that, were I to relate them here, would overload the Flickr database. Suffice it to say that he is a real trooper. His stalwart attitude and happy-go-lucky stance on life have served him well against the slings and arrows that fortune has chosen to throw at him.
His contribution to the Photographic Tapestry of History of Luton is a testament to his inimitable skill in the photographic arts. I predict great thing from this talented young man."
15th September, 2005
"William Blake once famously said "If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite". Sadly, Blake did not live long enough to see Andertho's fine Photoshop work"
15th September, 2005
"Vicious intellect with the photographic talent to match.
You get a sense of deeply held values, strongly held views, an open mind, and a fine human being.
I'm honoured to have him on my list of contacts, but moreso, for being one of his contacts as well.
His photography and imagery speak of a natural eye for the visual."
15th September, 2005
- July 2005
- Born in New Jersey
- Anytown, USA
- andertho [at] comcast.net