I love the outdoors, travel, and my digital camera. I enjoy finding images of things you wouldn't think to look at -- they are often beautiful/fascinating.
I shoot mostly with a Nikon D-800 and an Olympus OM-D. I get a lot of questions about Micro Four Thirds, so I wrote a review when I bought my first m4/3 camera:
Photos of andertho (3)
- The Explore Machine 23,456 photos, 1,848 members
- Shoot Like a Painter! Friends of Dan Ballard 71 photos, 24 members
- yosemite 34,124 photos, 5,279 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 13,702 photos, 10,885 members
- Landscapes!!! 183,248 photos, 12,473 members
- Nikon D800 Users Group 180,583 photos, 9,980 members
- Flickr Friday 6,024 photos, 10,171 members
- Fuji X100 116,132 photos, 7,858 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 2,713 photos, 505 members
- Big Sur, California 10,374 photos, 1,458 members
- California State Parks and Beaches 15,787 photos, 992 members
- SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA 11,201 photos, 634 members
- San Jose 13,930 photos, 947 members
- Santa Clara County Parks 417 photos, 28 members
- California's Bay Area Group 75,871 photos, 3,311 members
- Maine Coon Cats 24,099 photos, 1,887 members
- Maine Coon Katz & Maxi Cat Friends 8,117 photos, 908 members
- SF Bay Area Shooters (sfbas) 126,408 photos, 4,290 members
- Nikon Digital 1,612,843 photos, 68,911 members
- Nikon D700 266,487 photos, 14,210 members
- Micro Four Thirds Community 285,268 photos, 7,151 members
- SF Bay Area 102,172 photos, 4,299 members
- The Fridge: The best of The Icebox 4,680 photos, 365 members
- The Icebox: Calendars be shippin', Baby! 8 photos, 1,285 members
- San Francisco 224,734 photos, 13,708 members
- SFist 65,253 photos, 1,389 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 782,512 photos, 29,082 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 42,335 photos, 7,007 members
- Saving Planet Earth 539 photos, 156 members
- Huntley Meadows Park 1,433 photos, 96 members
- sfgiantsfans 7,166 photos, 483 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 241,471 photos, 35,052 members
- CAR [directory] 車 448,029 photos, 15,967 members
- HDR 863,728 photos, 88,840 members
- National Zoo (US) in Washington D.C. 13,788 photos, 1,147 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 531,945 photos, 25,375 members
- THE SAFE - the official Delete Me! pic keeper 1,474 photos, 526 members
- Baseball 72,340 photos, 5,060 members
- Birds 521,423 photos, 15,527 members
- U.S. National Parks 128,678 photos, 12,512 members
- FlickrCentral 6,652,619 photos, 196,422 members
- Cats 102,806 photos, 4,914 members
- Nature 1,406,221 photos, 49,900 members
- Cats Cats Cats 357,711 photos, 25,401 members
"Tom is such a talented photographer that when he produces shots that are merely "good" I'm taken aback by how pale they are in comparison to the tons of shots he has that are great. Looking simply at his "Portfolio" or "Most Faved" set for his best work is like hoping to see all of D.C. from the window of your hotel room. Go back into his pages. Make the effort to dig in by a few thousand photos.
He has a fantastic eye for composition and either always finds, or always anticipates, the right moment when the shutter should be pressed. I struggle with the kind of timing that comes so easily to him."
13th May, 2010
Thomas Hawk says:
"Andertho is one of my favorite pals on Flickr. He has a fantastic eye photographically speaking and he also ardently supports principles of free speech as a member of the Flickr community.
I've known Andertho for several years now and have had the good fortune of shooting with him in San Francisco.
Andertho speaks his opinions with conviction. He is not afraid to espouse politically or socially unpopular ideas. Where many online back down against large groups and the groupthink that sometimes accompany them, he stands up for the his ideas and thoughts with fervor. It is great having someone like him around the community who challenges thinking.
Get to know Andertho and his photography."
14th January, 2010
"This man has a notion of color well beyond any photographer I've seen on flickr. Joint this with his strong attitude and you have the ingredient for drama and beauty in photography."
10th August, 2008
"andertho is a terrific photographer who excels in capturing all aspects of life in and around the Washington D.C. area. With his eye for detail and camera at his side, andertho is always ready to take a great photo of whatever crosses his path during the day."
20th July, 2008
"Andertho is equally at home showing you the dresses of the first ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian and taking photos while bullets whiz past his head. If you ever had to make it out of a hostile land without a passport or any money, you would be wise to have him along. He also makes a mean gimlet and looks swell in evening clothes."
20th April, 2008
o! patric says:
"a double spacing madman. like pierre, andertho keeps proving me wrong in dmu political discussions and i'm getting sick of it!"
19th April, 2008
Ice Nine says:
"To hello. I liek your photo. They are good and I liek them. Perhaps you need to be save and witness? www.objectivemini..."
31st December, 2007
Sadie Shooter says:
"Andertho takes amazing photographs. He has a vision that is all his own and for the most part I really love living in his photostream. I enjoy getting lost in his many land and sky scapes.
He's a wonderful photographer."
21st July, 2007
"Over the past (TIME PERIOD) I have come to regard (USERNAME) not so much as a friend, but more as someone I've never met. He/she* (Delete as applicable) is a true and trusted e-cquaintance."
21st July, 2007
"He's got a real eye for nature.
17th July, 2007
"Apart from being a witty person, andertho is also an excellent photographer. His pictures of DC make me want to travel to the US and (re)discover this city."
18th June, 2007
Pig Sty Avenue says:
"Andertho's a great photographer and a real person in every sense."
22nd May, 2007
"A monolithic photographer. His photography can best be described as monumental. His images are like statuesque constructs. Edifices unto themselves, Andertho is to the world of photography what Rodan is to the world of auto repair."
19th July, 2006
"Talented doesn't even begin to desrcibe this photographer. He has an amazing ability to capture beauty."
13th July, 2006
Serge Arsenie says:
"Tom is a very gifted individual. He has the ability to produce a beautiful photograph with only his wits and a piece of equipment. I enjoy his countless flow of astounding photographs. Take a good look through his photostream, you will not be disappointed!
P.S. -- I especially enjoyed your series from Italy, props to you."
5th March, 2006
"Andertho and I have a shared history that, were I to relate them here, would overload the Flickr database. Suffice it to say that he is a real trooper. His stalwart attitude and happy-go-lucky stance on life have served him well against the slings and arrows that fortune has chosen to throw at him.
His contribution to the Photographic Tapestry of History of Luton is a testament to his inimitable skill in the photographic arts. I predict great thing from this talented young man."
15th September, 2005
"William Blake once famously said "If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite". Sadly, Blake did not live long enough to see Andertho's fine Photoshop work"
15th September, 2005
"Vicious intellect with the photographic talent to match.
You get a sense of deeply held values, strongly held views, an open mind, and a fine human being.
I'm honoured to have him on my list of contacts, but moreso, for being one of his contacts as well.
His photography and imagery speak of a natural eye for the visual."
15th September, 2005
- July 2005
- Born in New Jersey
- Anytown, USA
- andertho [at] comcast.net