Buildings old and new, a wet road on a rainy night, and a decaying pile of scrap metal are just some of the things that inspire me to take photographs. Through the lens I have discovered the rich world of color, shape, patterns, and texture that surrounds me and have found beauty in both the ordinary and the extraordinary. I am primarily interested in subjects which were constructed by humans as well as the interplay between these artifacts and the natural environment. Photography is a meditative process for me whereby the images are revealed through mindful observation as opposed to being constructed or staged. Through my photographs I hope to inspire others to cultivate their own sense of mindful awareness and observe patterns and relationships present within their own environments.
My images are currently copyrighted, however, if you are interested in using an image please let me know as I will be happy to license images an individual basis under the Creative Commons license . Prints of images will be available to order online soon.
When I’m not behind the lens I can be found blogging on technology, creativity and just about everything else in between on my personal site www.amyallcock.com/blog or on Twitter.
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,714 photos, 156 members
- Norfolk County Ontario 52 photos, 10 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 47,403 photos, 4,328 members
- Visual Poetry 145,172 photos, 7,249 members
- iPhone 4 Video 255 photos, 68 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 800 photos, 293 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 22,599 photos, 6,412 members
- Videos on Flickr 27,215 photos, 16,713 members
- transparent celluloid 1,567 photos, 106 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 479,404 photos, 31,637 members
- Artistic Photography 2,049,224 photos, 71,981 members
- Water, Water Everywhere 17,141 photos, 1,158 members
- iPhone Portraits 3,442 photos, 349 members
- iPhone Freaks 229,793 photos, 6,886 members
- I ♥ iPhone 346,759 photos, 11,142 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 446,877 photos, 16,117 members
- iPhone 175,142 photos, 5,764 members
- iPhoneography Magazine 9,190 photos, 181 members
- iPhoneography Architecture 408 photos, 61 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 674,803 photos, 32,035 members
- BRANCUSI Sculpture 344 photos, 78 members
- ++ At the CNAC Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg) ++ 1,254 photos, 194 members
- Musées Parisiens 8,502 photos, 686 members
- PARIS, JE T'AIME 109,860 photos, 5,282 members
- Centre Pompidou en photo 1,129 photos, 245 members
- Eiffel Tower 21,017 photos, 5,195 members
- (Tour) Eiffel 7,925 photos, 1,657 members
- Paris par arrondissements 4,380 photos, 381 members
- Paris 302,117 photos, 35,722 members
- Details de PARIS 32,139 photos, 1,942 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 246,592 photos, 7,582 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 13,068 photos, 2,494 members
- Architectural Interiors 58,957 photos, 4,304 members
- Apartment613 9,186 photos, 349 members
- Google Buzz 5,108 photos, 161 members
- One Million Images for Lake Atitlán 1,764 photos, 409 members
- Kingstonist 1,571 photos, 114 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,714 photos, 765 members
- Capital Photo Club 799 photos, 28 members
- Twitter 1,539 photos, 1,698 members
- The Unofficial Noticings Group 1,300 photos, 142 members
- Android Community 12,520 photos, 970 members
- The Sorcerers Apprentice -- Animating the Inanimate 4,422 photos, 182 members
- I Love the Okanagan 9,699 photos, 424 members
- KelownaNow (formerly Welcome to Kelowna) 2,865 photos, 120 members
- Kelowna, BC 2,920 photos, 107 members
- Kelowna 1,565 photos, 120 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 106,519 photos, 4,210 members
- bitches brew 219,387 photos, 3,636 members
- The Random Logo Project 629 photos, 304 members
"I adore the sensitivity that comes out of every single pictures taken by Amy. Inspirational."
6th November, 2007
Old Stone (Nancy) says:
"An inspiration to look at the world more closely, and to see beauty in the details."
6th December, 2006
"i feel drawn into your pictures and your style and composition renders me speechless. you capture the situation, essence, and beauty of your subjects perfectly. amazing."
27th November, 2006
"Amy's photographs are always a colorful and unique expression of the amazing world around her. Her macro images of urban decay are some of my favorites and I love the unusual and creative techniques she uses to capture the everyday, regardless of whether she's playing in Kingston or in Peru. I never know what to expect when I visit her stream, but it's always guaranteed that I'll be forced to stretch my imagination to keep up with her perspective and photography."
14th August, 2006
"I'm a big fan of Amy's photos - she has a fantastic eye for patterns and colours, consistently creating images of stunning clarity and simplicity, an incredibly difficult thing to do in itself. I hope it comes across as the compliment it's meant to be when I say Amy's photos are my visual palette cleanser and caffeine kick combined!"
25th May, 2006
"Amy's got a great eye when it comes to presenting the everyday world as a fine art abstract."
8th May, 2006
Dan Zen says:
"Classical compositions creatively cropped correlating contradictions colors columns crepuscular clouds clairvoyant crevices cumulating beauty"
31st January, 2006
- Amy Allcock
- January 2005
- Ottawa, Canada
- I am:
- Amy Allcock