Hi. Thanks for clicking. My name's Tangent and I have been doing the Flickr thing for quite some time.
Blogging and reposting my images is prohibited without my expressed consent. Sorry.
Photos of tangent (7)
- Holga 250,054 photos, 19,395 members
- Ferns 6,049 photos, 746 members
- Rollins College 115 photos, 17 members
- Letter's lives 547 photos, 131 members
- Faceless Photos 97 photos, 30 members
- Photographer Think Tank 1 photo, 5 members
- the lisa frank locking diary 42 photos, 31 members
- Holga SF 535 photos, 71 members
- we are love 3,694 photos, 218 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 17,379 photos, 1,162 members
- _[`'`\ * Fitted Fiends * /`'`]_ 655 photos, 146 members
- Now THAT'S Gangsta! !! 394 photos, 44 members
- VIDEOS (Music videos and live performances) 932 photos, 462 members
- HD Videos on Flickr 2,432 photos, 972 members
- Kitty Cats 9,049 photos, 476 members
- Kitty Crown (Post 1, Award 2) 37,725 photos, 4,701 members
- "Black Bird Fly" camera and photos 10,145 photos, 1,438 members
- My lovely Holga 5,215 photos, 284 members
- SFist 65,652 photos, 1,392 members
- bitches brew 220,837 photos, 3,648 members
- Share Love. 1 photo, 14 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [DISCONTINUED] 35,416 photos, 5,519 members
- Pink 2008 21,158 photos, 8,844 members
- For the love of bubblegum 258 photos, 266 members
- Black BackGround -BBG 2,251 photos, 337 members
- Only With Total Black or White Background 4,183 photos, 601 members
- Sunset light 47,635 photos, 12,495 members
- Your Best Photography 559,324 photos, 15,615 members
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition 5,011 photos, 273 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 22,867 photos, 2,481 members
- Imaginative Spirit 7,003 photos, 393 members
- Photoshop Graphic Montages 16,936 photos, 1,771 members
- Bicycle Unfriendly 698 photos, 187 members
- bicycle, fiets, Fahrrad, bicicleta, vélo, bicicletta 26,284 photos, 2,599 members
- Bicycle Friendly 21,118 photos, 1,309 members
- People & Nature TOGETHER (add 1, rate or comment 1) 30,182 photos, 2,620 members
- STRANGE PERSON 3,860 photos, 205 members
- we say YES and NO to donut videos! 84 photos, 91 members
- Excelsior: Ever Upward 52 photos, 30 members
- San Francisco Cats 90 photos, 9 members
- Color Street Photography [Photos of People Only] 12,615 photos, 5,472 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 4,846 photos, 16,401 members
- ~Musik!!! 183 photos, 111 members
- Independent Lens | GRASS ROOTS ACITIVSM | PBS 131 photos, 40 members
- Political Art - Socialist Realism 1,918 photos, 299 members
- Political Cartoons 2,424 photos, 393 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 / WINNERS NOW SHOWING 973,567 photos, 86,581 members
- B&W City 281 photos, 31 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,380 photos, 17,903 members
- chinese painting spirit 414 photos, 91 members
"Andy is an seriously good photographer, but that seriousness doesn't bleed over into his character; he is a fun-loving, energetic personality that relishes in capturing exceptional moments and sharing them with those around him. He also has mad bicycle skills and is a friend of the animals. If you ever have the chance, go on a photo-stroll with him!"
23rd September, 2011
"wonderful eye, I'm glad to come in touch, through his images, with such a beautiful world that seems so distant as attractive to me."
15th December, 2008
"I have been watching tangent's stream for some time now, and it is one that I have truly grown to love. His photographs are honest, full of atmosphere and also full of meaning. He is creative and a true story teller."
12th August, 2008
"Andy was one of the first digital photographers I ran into on this one site.. that led to this other site.. that led to this other site. We'll be honest we stalked one another from site to site happily. He showed me a world through his eye and still to this day I can't wait to see more. His art flourishes in moments when most would cave. His heart is exposed, some of his art is timeless.. some is so in your face of the times it makes you feel things you didn't know you would. Some make you simply and exuberantly say WOW!!! While others you can't click the favorite button fast enough. His layering ability and knack for color and mood is uncanny. You'd think he was an understudy sometimes of the great artists himself. With his pages and sharing I've learned so much.
Simply he inspires me to go after a better shot , a moody shot, a lovers spat, a dreary day that can be taken to be beautiful.
He is the dichotomy within inspiration and balance of the world of digital photography.
The love affair he has with his lens has caused mine.
You are amazing!!
28th April, 2008
"I don't understand how everybody that crosses paths with Andy does not just fall madly in love with him. A very colorful and dramatic scene is playing on the screen in my head. People falling on their faces after him as he is walking through the streets...
The genuine-ness in his eyes and smile are enough. Add to that an earnest creativity and a unique view. For someone like me, the straight-forward, yet not imposing, social (and sometimes political) commentary are just the proverbial cherry. I just wait for the photos of flung bodies in the streets where he walks or the teeming crowd of followers, admirers, and awed attentively walking behind.
I imagine he has a very commanding but positive and warm presence in real life.
I never know what to say because of the awe and good energy that I am filled with upon visiting. I get the same feeling after visiting his photo stream that I get after reading On the Road."
15th February, 2008
"i fuck'n love this guy. his eye for beauty only complements his warm demeanor. every picture he creates is more breath taking than the last. he is a complex and facinating individual that changes the lives of everyone he meets."
14th August, 2007
""I wish we'd grown up together." - Tangent
Haight St. and Delmar Ally Blues. Point A to Idealistic Illusion #17. we are viewing this world through mirrors. depending on the health of your eyes. some of us have more mirrors than others. a familar scene covered up and bleeding through bed sheets. graffiti that had been pressed against my eye during a bus ride. burnt on plastic and forced over the faces from dreams and childhood. the rejected monster fish that haunt and stare. tangent is riding one. cheers!"
15th June, 2007
my iron lunggg says:
"your pictures are a breath of fresh air."
29th April, 2007
"havent met him, but would definately be a fun guy to party down with"
17th March, 2007
Girla Obscura says:
"tangent sneaks into your life without you knowing it. Even if the photograph is of a person you don't knowin a place you've never been, you'll find a little of yourself there. His "mixed messages" set really sets you free, to find yourself where he never knew you were."
4th August, 2006
"tangent is my favorite bicyle activist. he's a renaissance hipster and a lover of nature. i have a fondness for his aesthetic interpretations of offbeat subject matter."
11th June, 2006
"Whether capturing nature shots, portraits of human beings in the wild or captivity, penetrating self-portraits, sweetly skewed studies of architecture, urban dramas in the best traditions of photojournalism, or combining elements of all these endeavors in masterpieces of layered manipulation, Andy always has an eye out for the psychological nuances and subtle beauties of the scenes he immortalizes. His range of subjects and treatments never fails to intrigue and delight me. He claims the camera is merely an extension of the eye; but it is also an extension of the soul - and the truth of that is nowhere clearer, than in Andy's photostream itself."
11th June, 2006
- Andrew Van Wart
- December 2004
- Tallahassee, FL & Los Altos, CA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am:
- Graphic Artist
- andywarthol [at] gmail.com