Hi. Thanks for clicking. My name's Tangent and I have been doing the Flickr thing for quite some time.
Blogging and reposting my images is prohibited without my expressed consent. Sorry.
Photos of tangent (7)
- Holga 248,605 photos, 19,392 members
- Ferns 5,742 photos, 695 members
- Rollins College 115 photos, 17 members
- Letter's lives 526 photos, 128 members
- Faceless Photos 106 photos, 30 members
- Photographer Think Tank 1 photo, 5 members
- the lisa frank locking diary 46 photos, 31 members
- Holga SF 500 photos, 68 members
- we are love 3,308 photos, 221 members
- Friends Of Photoworks SF 16,183 photos, 1,144 members
- _[`'`\ * Fitted Fiends * /`'`]_ 657 photos, 145 members
- Now THAT'S Gangsta! !! 352 photos, 43 members
- VIDEOS (Music videos and live performances) 892 photos, 452 members
- HD Videos on Flickr 2,188 photos, 965 members
- Kitty Cats 8,836 photos, 474 members
- Kitty Crown (Post 1, Award 2) 37,786 photos, 4,721 members
- "Black Bird Fly" camera and photos 10,176 photos, 1,437 members
- My lovely Holga 4,962 photos, 286 members
- SFist 60,412 photos, 1,372 members
- bitches brew 197,641 photos, 3,393 members
- Share Love. 1 photo, 14 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [No frames/signatures] 32,636 photos, 5,326 members
- Pink 2008 21,605 photos, 8,898 members
- For the love of bubblegum 260 photos, 269 members
- Black BackGround -BBG 2,197 photos, 334 members
- Only With Total Black or White Background 4,105 photos, 601 members
- Sunset light 44,712 photos, 10,982 members
- Your Best Photography 492,102 photos, 14,708 members
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition 4,901 photos, 268 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 21,013 photos, 2,460 members
- Imaginative Spirit 6,535 photos, 398 members
- Photoshop Graphic Montages 15,955 photos, 1,711 members
- Bicycle Unfriendly 698 photos, 183 members
- bicycle, fiets, Fahrrad, bicicleta, vélo, bicicletta 21,523 photos, 2,300 members
- Bicycle Friendly 18,481 photos, 1,225 members
- People & Nature TOGETHER (add 1, rate or comment 1) 28,276 photos, 2,583 members
- STRANGE PERSON 3,832 photos, 206 members
- we say YES and NO to donut videos! 83 photos, 92 members
- Excelsior: Ever Upward 52 photos, 29 members
- San Francisco Cats 88 photos, 9 members
- Color Street Photography [Photos of People Only] 12,826 photos, 5,368 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 4,823 photos, 16,137 members
- ~Musik!!! 193 photos, 113 members
- Independent Lens | GRASS ROOTS ACITIVSM | PBS 131 photos, 42 members
- Political Art - Socialist Realism 1,705 photos, 285 members
- Political Cartoons 2,306 photos, 393 members
- MY WINNERS P1/A2 Competition Bugs, Bees & new A-Z comp 951,327 photos, 86,611 members
- B&W City 275 photos, 30 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,440 photos, 17,966 members
- chinese painting spirit 397 photos, 91 members
"Andy is an seriously good photographer, but that seriousness doesn't bleed over into his character; he is a fun-loving, energetic personality that relishes in capturing exceptional moments and sharing them with those around him. He also has mad bicycle skills and is a friend of the animals. If you ever have the chance, go on a photo-stroll with him!"
23rd September, 2011
"wonderful eye, I'm glad to come in touch, through his images, with such a beautiful world that seems so distant as attractive to me."
15th December, 2008
"I have been watching tangent's stream for some time now, and it is one that I have truly grown to love. His photographs are honest, full of atmosphere and also full of meaning. He is creative and a true story teller."
12th August, 2008
"Andy was one of the first digital photographers I ran into on this one site.. that led to this other site.. that led to this other site. We'll be honest we stalked one another from site to site happily. He showed me a world through his eye and still to this day I can't wait to see more. His art flourishes in moments when most would cave. His heart is exposed, some of his art is timeless.. some is so in your face of the times it makes you feel things you didn't know you would. Some make you simply and exuberantly say WOW!!! While others you can't click the favorite button fast enough. His layering ability and knack for color and mood is uncanny. You'd think he was an understudy sometimes of the great artists himself. With his pages and sharing I've learned so much.
Simply he inspires me to go after a better shot , a moody shot, a lovers spat, a dreary day that can be taken to be beautiful.
He is the dichotomy within inspiration and balance of the world of digital photography.
The love affair he has with his lens has caused mine.
You are amazing!!
28th April, 2008
"I don't understand how everybody that crosses paths with Andy does not just fall madly in love with him. A very colorful and dramatic scene is playing on the screen in my head. People falling on their faces after him as he is walking through the streets...
The genuine-ness in his eyes and smile are enough. Add to that an earnest creativity and a unique view. For someone like me, the straight-forward, yet not imposing, social (and sometimes political) commentary are just the proverbial cherry. I just wait for the photos of flung bodies in the streets where he walks or the teeming crowd of followers, admirers, and awed attentively walking behind.
I imagine he has a very commanding but positive and warm presence in real life.
I never know what to say because of the awe and good energy that I am filled with upon visiting. I get the same feeling after visiting his photo stream that I get after reading On the Road."
15th February, 2008
"i fuck'n love this guy. his eye for beauty only complements his warm demeanor. every picture he creates is more breath taking than the last. he is a complex and facinating individual that changes the lives of everyone he meets."
14th August, 2007
""I wish we'd grown up together." - Tangent
Haight St. and Delmar Ally Blues. Point A to Idealistic Illusion #17. we are viewing this world through mirrors. depending on the health of your eyes. some of us have more mirrors than others. a familar scene covered up and bleeding through bed sheets. graffiti that had been pressed against my eye during a bus ride. burnt on plastic and forced over the faces from dreams and childhood. the rejected monster fish that haunt and stare. tangent is riding one. cheers!"
15th June, 2007
my iron lunggg says:
"your pictures are a breath of fresh air."
29th April, 2007
Rohit Tandon says:
"havent met him, but would definately be a fun guy to party down with"
17th March, 2007
Girla Obscura says:
"tangent sneaks into your life without you knowing it. Even if the photograph is of a person you don't knowin a place you've never been, you'll find a little of yourself there. His "mixed messages" set really sets you free, to find yourself where he never knew you were."
4th August, 2006
"tangent is my favorite bicyle activist. he's a renaissance hipster and a lover of nature. i have a fondness for his aesthetic interpretations of offbeat subject matter."
11th June, 2006
"Whether capturing nature shots, portraits of human beings in the wild or captivity, penetrating self-portraits, sweetly skewed studies of architecture, urban dramas in the best traditions of photojournalism, or combining elements of all these endeavors in masterpieces of layered manipulation, Andy always has an eye out for the psychological nuances and subtle beauties of the scenes he immortalizes. His range of subjects and treatments never fails to intrigue and delight me. He claims the camera is merely an extension of the eye; but it is also an extension of the soul - and the truth of that is nowhere clearer, than in Andy's photostream itself."
11th June, 2006
- Andrew Van Wart
- December 2004
- Tallahassee, FL & Los Altos, CA
- San Francisco, USA
- I am:
- Graphic Artist
- andywarthol [at] gmail.com