Your attention please:
Though I often donate my images to people and agencies working to help conserve environment and human rights, please do not use them without permission. I have worked my way up in life the hard way and will appreciate being contacted with any queries on licensing.
I'm in the Communications & Marketing sector currently working for a reputed realty brand in India as its Digital Marketing Head. When I travel, both on and off work, I document nature with my lenses and pen.
My images are reflections of my treks, walks and travels through Canada and my motherland India. Many of them are from my journeys in the heart of some of earth's most spectacular wilderness- the Appalachians of Canada, Western Ghats and Himalayas of India, to name a few. I picked up this journey in early 80s from the heroes of our wilderness, both sung and unsung. A journey so many of us have gone through. A journey that will be continued by the unknown lovers of nature, for as long as the flowers bloom and the birds sing.
Throughout this journey, I have met some wonderful human beings, both offline and online. I have seen people rise above human-made boundaries and mental barriers to exchange their view with me. People from whom I have learnt a lot, people whom I respect a lot.
My published work:
> Winner, Greenpeace Canada 'Your vision of Canada' contest 2004. Winning pic used in Greenpeace Canada's 2004 desktop calendar.
> India's mainstream print media including Times of India, Deccan Herald, The Indian Express, The Hindu, Sanctuary Asia - Call of the Wild.
> Cover Page picture of Birdlife International's "Birds of Asia - A guide to Civil Governments of Asia"
> Government Tourism Departments' publications.
My gear now
Canon A95 compact
My gear 'then':
1993: first SLR, sturdy German Practika thread-mount manual SLR with a 58mm Carl Zeiss lens and a Pentacon 200 mm F4 tele lens.
1995: Exchanged this gear for a Cosina C1s manual SLR and a 80-200 mm F4.5-5.6 Tokina lens.
1998: Nikon FM10 with a Nikkor 35-70 mm
2000: Exchanged my used Nikon FM10 for Nikon F50 with a Sigma 28-80mm and a Nikkor 75-240 mm Zoom
Oct 2002: F55 with a Tamron 28-200mm zoom.
Dec 2004: Went digital, a 4.1 MP Samsung Digital Point & shoot camera.
Jul 2005: Nikon D70s with 18-70 DX, VR lens
Aug 2007: Nikon D70 with 18-55 non-VR lens
May 2009: Canon 400D with 18-55 US lens
Aug 2010: Canon 350D with 18-55 non-US lens
As salam (Peace :)
- Over 10000 Views 849 photos, 951 members
- Views: 10000 4,723 photos, 3,212 members
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi - Canon EOS 450D 313,002 photos, 9,513 members
- Canon EOS 450D en español 28,638 photos, 813 members
- Ramadan on Flickr 2,209 photos, 691 members
- Ramadan 975 photos, 689 members
- Bengaluru Street Photography 104 photos, 134 members
- Experience Ramadan 404 photos, 137 members
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 205,038 photos, 8,031 members
- Canon 300D&350D 82,455 photos, 2,426 members
- Canon 350D 22,278 photos, 1,203 members
- 350D XT Users 67,817 photos, 1,905 members
- Indian Pattern 1,867 photos, 92 members
- The Great Mughals 1504-1707 1,855 photos, 151 members
- Birth of a green movement 82 photos, 26 members
- Professional looking food photography 168,538 photos, 15,623 members
- A Food Photography Experience! 393,750 photos, 19,826 members
- Delhi Photography Club 7,327 photos, 964 members
- Bangalore Weekend Shoots 4,474 photos, 1,673 members
- Young Travelers of the World Unite! 133,495 photos, 6,890 members
- Islam - Beautiful Culture and People (Post 1 ~ Be KIND to AWARD 8,030 photos, 893 members
- Cultures 22,622 photos, 1,165 members
- World Culture 79,027 photos, 3,455 members
- Delhi bloggers 2,985 photos, 245 members
- Rajasthan, the COLOUR state 11,090 photos, 720 members
- Delhi Flickring 37,974 photos, 2,269 members
- Delhi Photographers 10,551 photos, 647 members
- Wild flowers 17,692 photos, 659 members
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary 79 photos, 16 members
- Karnataka Travel & Culture 1,985 photos, 569 members
- Nilgiris Online 484 photos, 485 members
- Dudhwa National Park 259 photos, 49 members
- Views: 5000 8,586 photos, 3,956 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 465,518 photos, 28,074 members
- Roads Less Travelled 38,057 photos, 4,417 members
- Road Trip Canada 9,401 photos, 522 members
- Tumkuru 0 photos, 1 member
- World of Big Wild Cats 6,373 photos, 690 members
- Travels in The Indian Himalayas 9,042 photos, 783 members
- Beautiful Mountains 33,587 photos, 2,617 members
- Flicker for Kashmir 3,913 photos, 329 members
- Kashmir - The Heaven on Earth 5,557 photos, 469 members
- Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve 734 photos, 49 members
- Wild India 3,442 photos, 311 members
- Birdwatchers of the World 696 photos, 156 members
- Views: 3000 7,480 photos, 3,806 members
- Views: 4000 4,284 photos, 3,050 members
- *** 2000 Photostream Views *** (Max 5 per month) 3,267 photos, 681 members
- SNAKES 20,343 photos, 3,072 members
- Monoliths 718 photos, 69 members
"Ameen is lucky to travel around some of the world's most spectacular forests and ecosystems, and all that for a great cause!"
25th January, 2007
"Hi, Ameen...I am pretty impressed with your profile, and am just enjoying your pictures..thanks for adding me as a contact!
16th December, 2006
- Ameen Ahmed Tumkur
- February 2006
- Tumkur, India
- Bengaluru, India, INDIA
- I am:
- Communications & Marketing Specialist
- My blog with images
- tumkurameen [at] gmail.com