Alan Cressler's photostream Pro User
My name is Alan Cressler.
Thanks for visiting my Flickr site and viewing my photos.
I greatly appreciate the 4,060,811 views.
I am mostly a nature photographer living in Decatur, Georgia. I carry my cameras every where I travel. My favorite subjects include: flowers, plants, fungi, insects, reptiles and amphibians, caves, mountains, volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls, prehistoric artwork, and oceans. It is always my goal to identify every subject I photograph.
I take photos so they can be used, however, photo use is by permission only. Please contact me before publishing, using, or displaying photos. I can be contacted via Flickr mail or my personal email address: email@example.com
Download full resolution photos using the "actions" button at the top of the photo. Next choose the "view all sizes" option in the drop down menu. Follow the download instructions. Click "original" for a full resolution photo.
I work very hard for the photos that I take. All photos on my Flickr site were taken by me unless I have given credit to another photographer. My photos are protected by Copyright laws. I REQUIRE photo credit in exchange for photo use. Please DO NOT publish my photos without permission. This includes printed and electronic media. Once again, I can be contacted via Flickr mail or my personal email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forest Streams 391 photos, 31 members
- New Zealand Wild 5,811 photos, 229 members
- Cladonias of the World 516 photos, 88 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 295,978 photos, 39,549 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Contest 5,261 photos, 2,901 members
- STORMSCAPES 6,860 photos, 765 members
- Life, light and peace, once there was water 21,902 photos, 1,312 members
- Apalachicola National Forest 615 photos, 23 members
- Hawaii's Wildlife 4,644 photos, 105 members
- 100 000 views 156 photos, 106 members
- FlickrCentral 6,079,799 photos, 183,663 members
- Flickritis: Where 42,406 people are still happily infected! 2,315,139 photos, 42,542 members
- Metro Atlanta Flickr 2,061 photos, 175 members
- **♥**WorldPhotography**♥** (Post 1 / Award 1) 84,100 photos, 1,884 members
- The Ghost Orchid (Dendrophylax lindenii) 102 photos, 26 members
- Lycopodiaceae 147 photos, 22 members
- Equisetum, the horsetail 111 photos, 24 members
- Selaginella 88 photos, 13 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 443,386 photos, 93,839 members
- Views 70 000 17 photos, 39 members
- Rhamnaceae 265 photos, 29 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,412,014 photos, 123,518 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD: Next meeting MAY 21 @ ESP 7pm 52,912 photos, 2,868 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 26,585 photos, 1,761 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 518 photos, 126 members
- Flora Malaysiana 3,660 photos, 106 members
- ASTERACEAE 11,075 photos, 562 members
- Tree Snakes 4,463 photos, 621 members
- Toadilly Toads 1,532 photos, 292 members
- Atlanta Flood 2009 399 photos, 52 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,196,719 photos, 78,893 members
- Albany Ga. 936 photos, 22 members
- FLICKR INSECTS 12,285 photos, 612 members
- flore botanique 15,783 photos, 1,164 members
- NATURE'S BEST 808,638 photos, 21,604 members
- Cave Entrances 1,209 photos, 80 members
- Outdoor Photographers of the Southeast 732 photos, 96 members
- Georgia Flowers 1,424 photos, 32 members
- Insects of Georgia 1,105 photos, 27 members
- Georgia Canon Photographers 5,670 photos, 190 members
- Terrestrial Orchids 2,966 photos, 119 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 1,395 photos, 241 members
- Fern Allies 635 photos, 75 members
- Mountain Majesty 5,666 photos, 429 members
- Wildflowers of Florida 526 photos, 69 members
- Plants That Look Out of This World !! 2,979 photos, 301 members
- Crockford Pigeon Mountain Georgia 421 photos, 17 members
- Orobanchaceae 5,431 photos, 235 members
- 100,000 Photographs of Chattanooga 19,138 photos, 385 members
- Oil Well 4,436 photos, 548 members
csm242000 Photography says:
" Simply (modest) amazing photographer. talk about hidden treasures. Alan Cressler's Photo's are Fantastic. You will leave with many Favs. Thanks Alen great work. csm242000"
2nd October, 2009
"To peruse Alan's photostream is to take a vicarious journey on trails few have an opportunity to travel. Typical comments I make on his photos include "amazing," "fascinating" and "awesome." Not only is he a world-class photographer whose equipment seems a part of his very being, but he knows or manages to identify virtually every obscure thing he shoots, be it animal, vegetable, mineral or landscape. He's also a really nice, generous person whom I am honored to call my friend. Take a journey or two through his sets and photostream, and be delighted."
15th November, 2008
Elliot Stahl says:
"I had the privelege of meeting Alan while caving in Tennessee about 2 and half years ago. Every time I go caving and take photos with him I learn something new and improve my own skills at cave photography by watching and learning from Alan. He is by far one of the best cave photographers there is.He is great at taking any and all types of cave photographs no matter what the setting. His techniques of combining natural and artificial light in open air pits are some of the best I have seen, and really makes for some amazing photographs!"
24th February, 2008
"Woo...thanks for accepting me in your friend list. I saw your Bromeliad photograps. Especially I love Bromeliads. And I never seen them in habitat 'cause I live in Asia. Wish I could have a life like yours take a photo from around the world, so wonderful !
9th January, 2008
Lynn Roebuck says:
"I have known Alan for many years but it is still simply amazing to me how Alan inspires!
Alan has inspired me as well as so many other cave photographers to be better than we ever thought we could be. He provides his Flickr friends with a large amount of not just technically brilliant photography but he also shows a great diversity and artistic touch. Each shot continues to inspire me to take a closer look for the wonders that can be captured through my lens.
Thanks my friend!"
20th September, 2007
Rob Robbins says:
"Having known Alan for some time and even caved with him on at least one ocassion, I find traveling with him, through his photography, a fascinating trip to some of the most fascinating and colorful places around. Compliments from Alan are always welcomed. You can see the smile on his face through his work by the care and energy he takes in framing the scene. He brings joy to an otherwise sometimes dull world. I believe he and I both enjoy putting smiles on the faces of others.
Thanks for being my friend, my friend,
29th August, 2007
- Alan Cressler
- March 2007
- Decatur, Georgia
- Decatur, Georgia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- U.S. Geological Survey technician
- alan.cressler [at] gmail.com