My name is Alan Cressler.
My good friend Jim Fowler took my profile photo.
Thanks for visiting my Flickr site and viewing my photos.
I greatly appreciate the 5,713,347 views.
I am mostly a nature photographer living in Decatur, Georgia. My favorite subjects include: flowers, plants, fungi, insects, reptiles and amphibians, caves, mountains, volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls, prehistoric artwork, and oceans. It is always my goal to identify every subject I photograph.
I take photos so they can be used, however, photo use is by permission only. Please contact me before publishing, using, or displaying photos. I can be contacted via Flickr mail or my personal email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for full resolution photo downloads:
Click on a photostream or set photo and a larger photo will appear. Right click on that photo and a menu box will appear. In the "view all sizes" option, click "original". A full resolution photo will appear. Click "download original size" or desired photo size.
I work very hard for the photos that I take. All photos on my Flickr site were taken by me unless I have given credit to another photographer. My photos are protected by Copyright laws. I REQUIRE photo credit in exchange for photo use. Please DO NOT publish my photos without permission. This includes printed and electronic media. Once again, I can be contacted via Flickr mail or my personal email address: email@example.com
- Forest Streams 581 photos, 41 members
- New Zealand Wild 6,559 photos, 240 members
- Cladonias of the World 554 photos, 101 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,834 photos, 39,378 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Contest 5,109 photos, 3,133 members
- STORMSCAPES 8,969 photos, 933 members
- Life, light and peace, once there was water 27,139 photos, 1,391 members
- Apalachicola National Forest 691 photos, 26 members
- Hawaii's Wildlife 4,511 photos, 106 members
- 100 000 views 229 photos, 105 members
- FlickrCentral 6,657,901 photos, 196,531 members
- Flickritis: Where 44,332 people are still happily infected! 2,574,346 photos, 44,973 members
- Metro Atlanta Flickr 2,222 photos, 177 members
- *♥*WorldPhotography*♥* (Post 1 / Award 1) 94,191 photos, 2,010 members
- The Ghost Orchid (Dendrophylax lindenii) 105 photos, 27 members
- Lycopodiaceae 159 photos, 27 members
- Equisetum, the horsetail 116 photos, 26 members
- Selaginella 92 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 431,974 photos, 100,311 members
- Views 70 000 17 photos, 40 members
- Rhamnaceae 274 photos, 31 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,691,906 photos, 136,125 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD-Next Meeting Nov 19 at GF 54,124 photos, 2,932 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 30,995 photos, 2,001 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 597 photos, 139 members
- Flora Malaysiana 3,547 photos, 112 members
- ASTERACEAE 11,826 photos, 596 members
- Tree Snakes 4,675 photos, 628 members
- Toadilly Toads 1,621 photos, 317 members
- Atlanta Flood 2009 390 photos, 52 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,437,642 photos, 82,372 members
- Albany Ga. 952 photos, 23 members
- FLICKR INSECTS 13,295 photos, 650 members
- flore botanique 14,372 photos, 1,155 members
- NATURE'S BEST 864,869 photos, 22,197 members
- Cave Entrances 1,512 photos, 84 members
- Outdoor Photographers of the Southeast 732 photos, 101 members
- Georgia Flowers 1,558 photos, 37 members
- Insects of Georgia 1,178 photos, 29 members
- Georgia Canon Photographers 6,263 photos, 191 members
- Terrestrial Orchids 3,711 photos, 123 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 1,579 photos, 250 members
- Fern Allies 611 photos, 81 members
- Mountain Majesty 6,300 photos, 431 members
- Wildflowers of Florida 569 photos, 74 members
- Plants That Look Out of This World !! 2,309 photos, 343 members
- Crockford Pigeon Mountain Georgia 423 photos, 18 members
- Orobanchaceae 5,682 photos, 241 members
- 100,000 Photographs of Chattanooga 19,958 photos, 390 members
- Oil Well 4,846 photos, 559 members
csm242000 Photography says:
" Simply (modest) amazing photographer. talk about hidden treasures. Alan Cressler's Photo's are Fantastic. You will leave with many Favs. Thanks Alen great work. csm242000"
2nd October, 2009
"To peruse Alan's photostream is to take a vicarious journey on trails few have an opportunity to travel. Typical comments I make on his photos include "amazing," "fascinating" and "awesome." Not only is he a world-class photographer whose equipment seems a part of his very being, but he knows or manages to identify virtually every obscure thing he shoots, be it animal, vegetable, mineral or landscape. He's also a really nice, generous person whom I am honored to call my friend. Take a journey or two through his sets and photostream, and be delighted."
15th November, 2008
Elliot Stahl says:
"I had the privelege of meeting Alan while caving in Tennessee about 2 and half years ago. Every time I go caving and take photos with him I learn something new and improve my own skills at cave photography by watching and learning from Alan. He is by far one of the best cave photographers there is.He is great at taking any and all types of cave photographs no matter what the setting. His techniques of combining natural and artificial light in open air pits are some of the best I have seen, and really makes for some amazing photographs!"
24th February, 2008
"Woo...thanks for accepting me in your friend list. I saw your Bromeliad photograps. Especially I love Bromeliads. And I never seen them in habitat 'cause I live in Asia. Wish I could have a life like yours take a photo from around the world, so wonderful !
9th January, 2008
Lynn Roebuck says:
"I have known Alan for many years but it is still simply amazing to me how Alan inspires!
Alan has inspired me as well as so many other cave photographers to be better than we ever thought we could be. He provides his Flickr friends with a large amount of not just technically brilliant photography but he also shows a great diversity and artistic touch. Each shot continues to inspire me to take a closer look for the wonders that can be captured through my lens.
Thanks my friend!"
20th September, 2007
Rob Robbins says:
"Having known Alan for some time and even caved with him on at least one ocassion, I find traveling with him, through his photography, a fascinating trip to some of the most fascinating and colorful places around. Compliments from Alan are always welcomed. You can see the smile on his face through his work by the care and energy he takes in framing the scene. He brings joy to an otherwise sometimes dull world. I believe he and I both enjoy putting smiles on the faces of others.
Thanks for being my friend, my friend,
29th August, 2007
- Alan Cressler
- March 2007
- Decatur, Georgia
- Decatur, Georgia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- U.S. Geological Survey technician
- alan.cressler [at] gmail.com