My name is Alan Cressler.
Thanks for visiting my Flickr site and viewing my photos.
I greatly appreciate the 6,801,135 views.
I am mostly a nature photographer living in Decatur, Georgia. My favorite subjects include: flowers, plants, fungi, insects, reptiles and amphibians, caves, mountains, volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls, prehistoric artwork, and oceans. It is always my goal to identify every subject I photograph.
I take photos so they can be used, however, photo use is by permission only. Please contact me before publishing, using, or displaying my photos. This includes both printed and electronic media. I can be contacted via Flickr mail or my personal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for full resolution photo downloads: Click on a photostream or set photo and a larger image will appear. Right click on the image and a small window will appear. Click "original" and a larger image will appear. The option for downloading the "original" photo will be at the top of the window.
I work very hard for the photos I take. All photos on my Flickr site were taken by me unless I have given credit to another photographer. My photos are protected by Copyright Laws. Please respect that. I allow use of my photos but I require that credit is given to me. Once again I can be contacted via email: email@example.com
- USGS Science in Action 139 photos, 26 members
- Forest Streams 699 photos, 48 members
- New Zealand Wild 7,087 photos, 256 members
- Cladonias of the World 711 photos, 131 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 298,559 photos, 39,396 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Contest 5,168 photos, 3,267 members
- STORMSCAPES 9,411 photos, 976 members
- Life, light and peace, once there was water 29,570 photos, 1,450 members
- Apalachicola National Forest 702 photos, 26 members
- Hawaii's Wildlife 4,629 photos, 115 members
- 100 000 views 318 photos, 106 members
- FlickrCentral 7,012,364 photos, 204,507 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 2,744,550 photos, 46,949 members
- Metro Atlanta Flickr 2,349 photos, 177 members
- *♥*WorldPhotography*♥* (Post 1 / Award 1) 100,082 photos, 2,083 members
- The Ghost Orchid (Dendrophylax lindenii) 106 photos, 28 members
- Lycopodiaceae 161 photos, 27 members
- Equisetum, the horsetail 116 photos, 26 members
- Selaginella 92 photos, 15 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,695 photos, 102,827 members
- Views 70 000 18 photos, 38 members
- Rhamnaceae 274 photos, 32 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,848,889 photos, 142,979 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD-Next Meeting Feb 18 at GF 54,462 photos, 2,943 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 32,485 photos, 2,071 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 602 photos, 146 members
- Flora Malaysiana 3,586 photos, 114 members
- ASTERACEAE 12,144 photos, 612 members
- Tree Snakes 4,756 photos, 638 members
- Toadilly Toads 1,678 photos, 325 members
- Atlanta Flood 2009 393 photos, 52 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,578,343 photos, 84,742 members
- Albany Ga. 953 photos, 22 members
- FLICKR INSECTS 13,815 photos, 666 members
- flore botanique 14,492 photos, 1,157 members
- NATURE'S BEST 888,370 photos, 22,484 members
- Cave Entrances 1,614 photos, 88 members
- Outdoor Photographers of the Southeast 731 photos, 102 members
- Georgia Flowers 1,564 photos, 37 members
- Insects of Georgia 1,183 photos, 30 members
- Georgia Canon Photographers 6,666 photos, 196 members
- Terrestrial Orchids 3,775 photos, 124 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 1,600 photos, 258 members
- Fern Allies 625 photos, 83 members
- Mountain Majesty 6,270 photos, 432 members
- Wildflowers of Florida 579 photos, 75 members
- Plants That Look Out of This World !! 2,488 photos, 373 members
- Crockford Pigeon Mountain Georgia 446 photos, 19 members
- Orobanchaceae 5,711 photos, 244 members
- 100,000 Photographs of Chattanooga 20,567 photos, 399 members
csm242000 Photography says:
" Simply (modest) amazing photographer. talk about hidden treasures. Alan Cressler's Photo's are Fantastic. You will leave with many Favs. Thanks Alen great work. csm242000"
2nd October, 2009
"To peruse Alan's photostream is to take a vicarious journey on trails few have an opportunity to travel. Typical comments I make on his photos include "amazing," "fascinating" and "awesome." Not only is he a world-class photographer whose equipment seems a part of his very being, but he knows or manages to identify virtually every obscure thing he shoots, be it animal, vegetable, mineral or landscape. He's also a really nice, generous person whom I am honored to call my friend. Take a journey or two through his sets and photostream, and be delighted."
15th November, 2008
Elliot Stahl says:
"I had the privelege of meeting Alan while caving in Tennessee about 2 and half years ago. Every time I go caving and take photos with him I learn something new and improve my own skills at cave photography by watching and learning from Alan. He is by far one of the best cave photographers there is.He is great at taking any and all types of cave photographs no matter what the setting. His techniques of combining natural and artificial light in open air pits are some of the best I have seen, and really makes for some amazing photographs!"
24th February, 2008
"Woo...thanks for accepting me in your friend list. I saw your Bromeliad photograps. Especially I love Bromeliads. And I never seen them in habitat 'cause I live in Asia. Wish I could have a life like yours take a photo from around the world, so wonderful !
9th January, 2008
Lynn Roebuck says:
"I have known Alan for many years but it is still simply amazing to me how Alan inspires!
Alan has inspired me as well as so many other cave photographers to be better than we ever thought we could be. He provides his Flickr friends with a large amount of not just technically brilliant photography but he also shows a great diversity and artistic touch. Each shot continues to inspire me to take a closer look for the wonders that can be captured through my lens.
Thanks my friend!"
20th September, 2007
Rob Robbins says:
"Having known Alan for some time and even caved with him on at least one ocassion, I find traveling with him, through his photography, a fascinating trip to some of the most fascinating and colorful places around. Compliments from Alan are always welcomed. You can see the smile on his face through his work by the care and energy he takes in framing the scene. He brings joy to an otherwise sometimes dull world. I believe he and I both enjoy putting smiles on the faces of others.
Thanks for being my friend, my friend,
29th August, 2007
- Alan Cressler
- March 2007
- Decatur, Georgia
- Decatur, Georgia, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- U.S. Geological Survey technician
- alan.cressler [at] gmail.com