You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 336,897 photos, 23,197 members
- in explore 161,108 photos, 10,869 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 428,711 photos, 102,807 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 717,217 photos, 54,716 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 742,629 photos, 103,059 members
- "SEASCAPE" 72,835 photos, 3,645 members
- Seascape Central 14,268 photos, 1,751 members
- Fujifilm Folks 10,348 photos, 404 members
- Fuji x100s 48,456 photos, 4,811 members
- Fujifilm X100S Challenge 10,106 photos, 403 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 585 photos, 499 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 15,017 photos, 11,560 members
- Headphones 2,677 photos, 1,216 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 32,122 photos, 1,980 members
- Ilford 78,478 photos, 5,673 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 122,736 photos, 9,801 members
- I Shoot Film 2,150,728 photos, 87,865 members
- LEICA PICS 46,215 photos, 780 members
- Models 281,708 photos, 13,550 members
- Russian Girls 1,928 photos, 589 members
- Leica M photography 145,126 photos, 4,802 members
- Rangefinders 117,213 photos, 2,503 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 47,213 photos, 4,219 members
- Star Wars 49,646 photos, 5,365 members
- LEGO 268,161 photos, 13,284 members
- Strobist.com 587,459 photos, 117,291 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 10,744 photos, 1,117 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 13,623 photos, 1,438 members
- Harley's I've Met 4,033 photos, 302 members
- Concerts 396,844 photos, 12,686 members
- Concert Photography 186,098 photos, 34,620 members
- Leica MP 12,901 photos, 785 members
- World Street Food 6,126 photos, 671 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10 and E-M5 user 176,066 photos, 7,471 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,795,105 photos, 80,967 members
- Wedding Photography 223,080 photos, 45,976 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 5,839 photos, 310 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 500,813 photos, 24,347 members
- A Child's Life 47,319 photos, 2,307 members
- Food around the world 99,599 photos, 9,940 members
- Still Life Photography 42,017 photos, 4,887 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,621 photos, 11,801 members
- Books/libros/livros 12,186 photos, 2,556 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 3,654 photos, 664 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 5,072 photos, 1,511 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 49,225 photos, 3,204 members
- 1-2-3 448,020 photos, 16,377 members
- Hands and feet of the world 8,005 photos, 1,633 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 1,259 photos, 156 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 5,156 photos, 347 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions