Crikey has it really been that long since I edited my profile? Well, a few years on and still an enthusiastic amateur and enjoying it.
I've tried my hands at a load of different styles (I draw the line at flowers btw) and although still enjoying night shots the most, I'm finding model photography in studio's (and out) very satisfying ;)
I've setup a seperate stream for my model + studio work, partly to stop NSFW images appearing on my stream when posting to the likes of facebook, but also to stop my mum getting embarrassed when viewing my stream (hi Mum :p).
You can view my modelling stream here
Thank you for visiting my stream, I hope you enjoy what's on show here
Photos of c@rljones (3)
- BudgetAstro 509 photos, 36 members
- This is Art! 1,139 photos, 671 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 71,891 photos, 2,866 members
- ITV Wales Your Pictures 50,471 photos, 607 members
- Photo News Gallery 42,601 photos, 2,168 members
- Official National Geographic Group 537,023 photos, 16,804 members
- Sky 200,348 photos, 12,844 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 37,841 photos, 1,863 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 17,397 photos, 1,541 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 36,020 photos, 3,650 members
- BBC Wales Nature 46,915 photos, 1,276 members
- No-Flash Night Shots 334,206 photos, 25,624 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing LIVE 41,620 photos, 5,354 members
- Cell Phone Photography 216,527 photos, 8,631 members
- Hipstafanatics 37,687 photos, 744 members
- Hipstamatic 291,469 photos, 16,641 members
- Light Junkies 91,489 photos, 13,630 members
- Painting ... with Light 13,564 photos, 1,695 members
- UK Models & Photographers 25,622 photos, 2,388 members
- Fashion & Style 173,530 photos, 10,740 members
- Fashion Photography UK 10,574 photos, 442 members
- uk UrBex 993 photos, 184 members
- Patr - Google Chrome Extension for Flickr 17 photos, 132 members
- The Beauty of Girls and Women P1/C2 195,373 photos, 10,331 members
- Abandoned 702,416 photos, 49,343 members
- 28 Days Later 79,778 photos, 2,705 members
- The Alberta Landscape 7,264 photos, 428 members
- Alberta 73,723 photos, 1,565 members
- Canadian Rockies 27,851 photos, 1,984 members
- Amazing Alberta 64,120 photos, 1,856 members
- ^^"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/A3 (MANDATORY) 725,967 photos, 39,057 members
- Natural Landscapes 17,409 photos, 3,391 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 256,062 photos, 30,242 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,763 photos, 21,899 members
- Nikon D40/x/50/60/5000/3000/3100 and Friends Club 452,541 photos, 25,654 members
- = World Through My Lens = 8,302 photos, 356 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,601 photos, 19,236 members
- Golden Pictures Worth 1000 Words-Admin Invite Only-Award 2 17,582 photos, 3,147 members
- Beautiful Clouds 238,521 photos, 17,102 members
- **Heart Awards** (P.1 Award 5) 1,064,762 photos, 35,349 members
- Life in Black & White 573,671 photos, 20,857 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 80,445 photos, 5,346 members
- iPhoneographers 38,556 photos, 755 members
- 2009 Year of Astronomy (Pool submissions are now closed) 256 photos, 66 members
- full of gas scooter team 498 photos, 103 members
- b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l (award 2) - New Contest: SPRING COLORS 194,485 photos, 8,986 members
- Star Trails 19,051 photos, 7,748 members
- Digital Infrared 77,681 photos, 7,589 members
- IR World 27,323 photos, 2,316 members
- Best Of DAMN! I Wish I'd Taken That 27,502 photos, 4,774 members
The Josiah says:
"It's been my pleasure to have followed Carl on Flickr for some time, and been able to witness the birth and matriculation of a photographer. It's rare to find someone who always has a positive word for others and an unabashed sense of self and humor in their work. I love this photography."
16th July, 2009
"I've only recently re-discovered Carl's photostream after a lengthy absence from flickr. It's amazing how much he's been able to diversify his images in the time i've been away. Changing from landscape to darkness to more recently modelling (yummm), keeping us all entertained, and on our toes."
24th June, 2008
"what an amazing job carl does at creating a mood, a feeling. His images illicit a sense of atmosphere in a fabulous way. I check in on his stream daily, and I'm never disappointed!"
3rd June, 2008
"Carl has a quality rarely found in Flickr... It's his honesty in his comments, he will always leave quality feedback. It's important to have people like Carl on Flickr, genuine feedback enables us as artists to improve and evolve. He thinks about the shot before him, and what to say; never just a haphazard "great shot".
It is always a pleaure to look through his photo stream."
29th November, 2007
Gunnar B. says:
"Take a look at _Belial's sense of colors and darkness and be amazed. This man is not only a terrific photographer with a strong sense for mood and situations but he is a graphic artist as well. His treatments are out of this world, and I'm amazed of the consistency he manages to create. I also am very amazed with his night photography which really brings out the stunning colors in his often dark photos. I have not yet mentioned his amazing landscape photography from Wales (or any other place he puts his feet down really), or the really nice soft portraits of children that he sometimes makes. Take a long stroll through _Belial's stream and enjoy life through the the special eyes of a unique photographer."
6th August, 2007
Helen D. says:
"I have been meaning to write this for some time now since Carl's photostream from the first moment I saw it knew that it would be one of my favorites on flickr. I adore the tones in his photos and the fantastic modes that is captured.
1st August, 2007
"Carl has mastered the way of capturing light that makes his photographs supurb. His black and white photos, and especially his color, stand out above many. Thought-provoking and filled with emotion, his photos are unmistakable."
25th July, 2007
Jon Block says:
"Carl has a wonderful combination of photographic talent, generosity and adventurousness that makes him a real asset to the Flickr community. I check his photostream so often because I know that I will regularly be introduced to new ideas and techniques. He is always happy to give advice and answer my questions, and this is a very good thing as I think I will have many more for him over the next few years!"
21st June, 2007
"Carl photostream is a visual and technical treat. A very talented (and patient!) photographer. More than this though, his comments are always thoughtful, and the advice and suggestions he offers are really appreciated.
There's always a new suprise on Carl's photostream!"
3rd May, 2007
3rd foundation says:
"Carl is not only a talented photographer but generous in providing wonderful and helpful commentary on other's imagery. He has helped me on numerous occasions in finding textures, applying effects and fine tuning my photos. You owe yourself a moment to browse through his image stream. Lots of great stuff to be found here."
25th April, 2007
"I was introduced to Carl's work through a mutual friend of ours and ever since i've been impressed by his images. He never seems to run out of ideas and always seems to be willing to try out new concepts and techniques. Each time he posts a new image i'm never ceased to be amazed in some way.
Please keep us amazed for a long time to come Carl."
28th March, 2007
Tiny L says:
"The subjects of Carl's masterpieces vary widely and he seems able to try anything and make it work. I can't keep up with all the ideas he comes up with, and I hope you're all bracing yourselves for the next one!
Sometimes I'm so jealous I really hate him, but the rest of the time I just yearn for approval from the master:-)
But seriously... he's always full of good advice - and it's still good advice even when I choose to ignore it:-)))) [Excecpt probably the one about how many extra espresso shots you can fit in a latte grande!]"
5th January, 2007
"This man is a crazy night photographer. I'm amazed again and again by his night photography. His ideas are out of this world and when he puts them into motion the images he creates are out of this world."
29th November, 2006
- Carl Jones
- April 2006
- Pwllheli, Wales, UK
- I am: