Well, the designers at Flickrbook® from Yahoo!® have decided to change everybody's profile page, without prior consultation, and without warning.
For some strange reason they think that placing photos of me that others have tagged around the site on my profile is a Good Thing, and don't give me the option of switching this off. Thankfully I don't have a vengeful ex who could abuse this feature, but I wonder how many other users out there have been (and are being) harmed by this change.
They seem to think that My Favorite (sic) photos should also appear on my profile, though they are not my own work, and haven't given me the option of turning them off.
So, my apologies if my Profile says more about other users on Flickrbook® from Yahoo!®, but that seems to be how the current administration want it. Every single day that I use this site, I feel I understand more and more why its founders Stuart Butterfield and Caterina Fake left it. It's sad to see a community which once so coherent being ruined by poor administrative decisions.
I left Fotolog after I felt that its staff were not paying enough attention to its users and I'm now, sadly, getting the same feeling from Flickrbook® from Yahoo!®. I'm starting to look at different photo sharing sites, both in Portuguese and English. If anybody has any suggestions, please drop me a Flickrbook mail.
create your own visited countries map
- I love all cats 3,940 photos, 389 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,913 photos, 23,189 members
- Post-Processing Addicts 32,085 photos, 1,453 members
- Bittersweet 2,925 photos, 242 members
- * Vanishing Points * 151,761 photos, 28,224 members
- Gotta Love a Boston Terrier 9,535 photos, 693 members
- cat criminalz 1,184 photos, 89 members
- Stuff With Six Legs 23,659 photos, 720 members
- Falar de Fotografia 1,424 photos, 166 members
- Imagem Imaculada 206 photos, 21 members
- So your Cat wants a Massage? 845 photos, 145 members
- in loving memory of imapix 131 photos, 153 members
- Dona Isabel 737 photos, 236 members
- The Weimaraner Group 11,842 photos, 794 members
- Weimaraners 16,789 photos, 1,099 members
- Flickr 10-10-10 3,977 photos, 1,596 members
- 10.10.10.10 AM GMT ART project 987 photos, 533 members
- 101010 - Flickr Project 5,332 photos, 1,795 members
- October 10, 2010 1,823 photos, 2,543 members
- Flickr's pets (NO PEOPLE) 21,565 photos, 1,675 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,461 members
- Guardian Datastore 1,113 photos, 1,695 members
- Big Rock Cat's Love, Life, Art 1,666 photos, 75 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,440 photos, 96 members
- Hummingbirds 36,256 photos, 4,261 members
- A message for the new Con/LibDem Coalition Government 156 photos, 152 members
- Red Bull Air Race - Rio de Janeiro/RJ - Brazil 299 photos, 30 members
- MacroChicken (& ostrich) 225 photos, 121 members
- Post 1 leave 3 passive aggressive comments, notes, or tags 8,850 photos, 831 members
- My little brats! 2,086 photos, 337 members
- Free Flickr Flowers ~FFF~ Enter New Contest: Cosmos! 128,482 photos, 7,401 members
- Class 1 Powerboats 170 photos, 28 members
- I see faces ( Not a Portrait Group ) 8,004 photos, 1,841 members
- Vertoramas 13,071 photos, 1,874 members
- Photo Madness: Congratulations DeeMac! Our 2013 champion!! 435 photos, 345 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 162,868 photos, 8,004 members
- Great Photography, in Marc's opinion 242 photos, 1,135 members
- Cover Street 266 photos, 741 members
- FlickrCentral Brasil 78,938 photos, 4,582 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,416 members
- SOS Haiti 1,573 photos, 368 members
- Downtown Dormancy 1,183 photos, 180 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,602 photos, 19,236 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers 121,139 photos, 10,125 members
- Cats - Show off your cat(s) ~ NEW icon,invite,award codes 84,580 photos, 9,041 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 69,492 photos, 2,109 members
- HQC - High Quality Cats 1,110 photos, 125 members
- Cabo Verde 4,476 photos, 376 members
- My 2010 Daily Photo Diary 413 photos, 125 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,773 photos, 22,903 members
"I keep trying not to look at Jim's stream, on account of his deeply upsetting subject matter, so I suppose it's a tribute to his excellence as a photographer that I'm prepared to brave his frightening cat shots in order not to miss his wonderful portrayals of Rio and the other places he visits. There are also some fabulous portraits in his stream, and that impossible shot of the smoking stunt plane is for my money the best action photo that's ever appeared on Flickr. He's one of our finest, and though I shall bitterly regret writing this, I think he once posted a cat shot I liked, as well."
1st February, 2009
Kristina J. says:
"I've been following Jim's work from early fotolog days and he has been inspiring me and awing me with his photos ever since.
Mind you, it helps that the bugger lives in hotter, more photogenic country than I do. :P"
1st May, 2007
"I seem to have known Jim here for ever. Although transplanted to a different culture and climate, he still seems to retain a peculiarly gritty and dry wit that could only have originated in the rain-drenched North of the ould sod.
As a photographer, he's one of those versatile buggers who can do landscapes, portraits, macros and urban stuff with equal facility and style. A jack of all trades and master of most of them too."
10th December, 2006
sous les pavés, la plage says:
"Without doubt, Jim is one of those very rare persons that manage to elevate the very common "torch lit cat hunts bug on flower in dramatic storms" shot into a true work of art.
Before you set sail and take course to his stream, let me just very quickly tell you that he is topless all the time - I believe it will add to your viewing pleasure."
9th March, 2006
"Jim's personality somehow really shines through in his thoughtful photos. His thoughtful commentary that is given unequivically to all that ask truly is an example to all, and is a great example of his desire to serve photography and enthusiasts. Enjoy his photos, then go to deleteme and enjoy his sharp mind. You won't regret it."
1st October, 2005
"I'm constantly impressed by the insightful, intelligent and reasoned comments that Jim makes. I consider him to be one of the most valuable assets of the Deleteme group! His photostream is also interesting and very diverse, as Jim seems to be well travelled and very interested in the world around him."
9th September, 2005
"At DeleteMe (that highly controversial and nasty group of critics), I learned that Jim was always unfailingly kind, constructive, and quite brilliantly accurate with all of his critical commentary. Browsing through Jim's photostream, I learned that Jim is a brilliant and, more unusually, an incredibly diverse photographer. He not only captures landscapes and macros well, but does an excellent job on abstracts and the odd photo of his cat. One wonders how that's possible, but he does it."
8th September, 2005
"When I grow up I want to be like Jim."
9th July, 2005
Kalense Kid says:
"Jim is truly one of the greats in flickr. His wise and witty comments are inevitably accurate, and I have rapidly come to regard him as an authority with a keen and critical eye. His own photos are interesting and thoughtful.
Of course, this all makes his inexplicable love of Lomo even more puzzling...
But despite this odd quirk, Jim is a person I would really like to meet one day."
7th July, 2005
First Contact says:
"I met Jim in the controversial "deleteme!" group. His wise @rse, but mostly witty, comments didn't go unnoticed. I was forced to view his photos while dutifully casting votes, but I'm glad for it! This is how I discovered his photostream which contains tonnes of amazing photos. Go and see for youselves!"
20th June, 2005
- Jim Skea
- October 2004
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- I am: