I started out with photography four years ago and joined my wife on Flickr. As I often went along on photoshoots it seemed logical and fun to get myself a camera as well.
Computers posed a bit of a problem. I had never used computers before and soon found out that Windows computers are so named because after half a hour fighting with it you want to throw it out the window.
A second-hand iMac brought salvation.
Within a day's time I got the hang of working in Photoshop Elements and Pixelmator.
These days I own a huge iMac, an iPhone and iPad, leaving my wife to wonder whether or not my mid-life crisis has manifested itself in a sudden embrace of modern technology.
The cameras I use these days:
Canon EOS 7D
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Aside from that I collect and drink Single Malt Whisky and sometimes do a master class nosing and tasting.
I collect and write with fountain pens.
I'm a member of the IPMS, a model building society.
Sometimes I still draw, paint or design my own little works of art (or fun, what you may call it).
And I love to listen to music.
I'm married and have a very sweet little son.
We are an emancipated household; my wife has chosen to pursue a career while I stay home and take care of the kid and do the cooking and cleaning.
I'm sort of like a fungus, give me some time and I'll start to grow on you.
- The Advent and Christmas Adventures 2013 27 photos, 11 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 797 photos, 1,969 members
- GOOD/BAD? new Flickr design May 2013 6 photos, 2 members
- Dutch Christmas 1,388 photos, 144 members
- Top 20 Dishes 19 photos, 384 members
- 31 days of 50mm in december 171 photos, 12 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 13,813 photos, 10,952 members
- AWESOMELY CREATIVE / FOR EDINEI 154,982 photos, 4,092 members
- Top 25 Purple, Pink & Blue (Post 1 - Award 1) 24 photos, 1,187 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 45,634 photos, 2,623 members
- PrimaLuna 34 photos, 11 members
- *Nederland op z'n mooist 508 photos, 102 members
- Akbar = Street Art 440 photos, 66 members
- Archeon 1,278 photos, 122 members
- Sonus Faber 39 photos, 9 members
- Tributes to Horst *hb19 101 photos, 48 members
- De Doka Galerie 182 photos, 192 members
- Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM 34,372 photos, 1,754 members
- Het Doka Archief 6,163 photos, 321 members
- oude huisjes - old little houses 222 photos, 25 members
- Top 20 Food Pix (mmmm) 19 photos, 1,537 members
- I captured something awesome on this planet ! 19,089 photos, 530 members
- Sleeping Time [post 1 - Award 3] 13,994 photos, 1,381 members
- FINE ART GALLERY( Invited Only ) P 1 C 3 SWEEPER ACTIVE 66,424 photos, 3,951 members
- BBC Breathing Places 5,974 photos, 564 members
- "I love my pics" ~ Post 1 - Award 2 ~ 149,811 photos, 6,762 members
- Digital ArtFX2 (Post 1, Award 1) 39,891 photos, 2,064 members
- Hunt For The Little Red Car 904 photos, 166 members
- Making "FRIENDS" from around the World - P1/C1 for each photo 21,088 photos, 1,191 members
- Eten wat de pot schaft! / What is for Dinner tonight? 723 photos, 33 members
- Just One Look 26,157 photos, 2,185 members
- Hips ! 22,802 photos, 268 members
- Fotografie Nederland 122,784 photos, 2,002 members
- The Nutcase Society 3,617 photos, 298 members
- Vroegeah 996 photos, 57 members
- ModelBuilding 4,533 photos, 146 members
- Collectible Toys 11,670 photos, 376 members
- The Biggest Group! - Playground For Psychotics 687,229 photos, 7,579 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,687 photos, 21,904 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,031 members
- GRRREAT WORKS.... Post ONE Photo and give 2 COMMENTS, PLEASE!!! 74,022 photos, 4,318 members
- Readers & Writers 6,174 photos, 1,180 members
- "FLICKR POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHER" POST1/AWARD3 QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 170,742 photos, 5,565 members
- 'Candid Camera' 3,065 photos, 107 members
- Binding Flickr Friendships 105 photos, 29 members
- Write me 2,892 photos, 490 members
- Montblanc Writing Tools 673 photos, 240 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,198 photos, 10,325 members
- The New Academy Group: INVITED SHOTS ONLY ( comment on 3 ) 49,780 photos, 6,831 members
- Create Memories to Share -Take Photographs! 22,556 photos, 1,008 members
mikazu001 away says:
"I have written a testimonial for you…
because I love my friends .... You must not be afraid .... I do not have many friends .... two or three in the world ... and I mean that. I do not have friends-in hgv or holland, except you ... my dear …Anonymous!
"Blunder - the best and most amazing photographer I ever seen and found on Flickr.
I have never seen anyone with such a brilliant and amazing eye for details and ..
with such a wonderful sense of humor
It shows that M. Blunder really enjoys doing what he does.
Every image that he does is a masterpiece in my eyes.
Blunder is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know.
He is kind, thoughtful, and helpful beyond measure. with a wonderful sense of humor and generous soul.
If I need help, he's here to see how he can help me.
M.Blunder, my only true friend from Holland...
you are one of those rare Angels among us.
I'm glad so proud to have you as friend, dear Blunder!
Thanks for your constant support and friendship.
I love You,! And I love Your amazing family!
God bless you ALL!"
26th August, 2012
SF knitter says:
"Ah, what can I say about Mr. Any Blunder that hasn't already been said? He has a keen eye for compositions, a knack for story telling, and an even keener sense of humor. His warmth shines through his comments. He never fails to brighten my day with either his posts or his visits.
Thank you, my dear Blunder, for being such a great friend.
Oh, and evidently, he is quite the cook. If I can only figure out a way for Mr. Blunder to visit and make dinner.... :D"
21st July, 2010
"My dear Blunder...... This is so long overdue in writing, and should have done it long ago.
Your friendship means a great deal to me and I am the lucky one to have the privilege of knowing you!
Your photos are works of art that make me appreciate you each time I see you add a new one!!
Your comments always make me smile!!
You are so giving of yourself and thoughtful of others.... a wonderful trait in a person.
Thank you for being YOU, my dear & sweet friend!!!!"
2nd January, 2009
"Anonymous Blunder shares a delightful world with us through his photos. His attentive comments are anything but anonymous; they exhume a pleasant familiarity, humor and heartfelt warmth in an unmistakable style. Blunder’s eye for composition astounds.
Thanks for bumbling around on Flickr, Blunder! Your photos and comments inspire."
18th August, 2008
Marjolein K. says:
"I have known Blunder for a while now, and he has proven to be a skilled photographer and a most humorous commentator. He always finds a creative subject for his photos. In his comments, he always manages to give things an extraordinary twist. Blunder never ceases to surprise me. That is what makes him a great Flickr friend."
29th November, 2007
"Every now and then one meets a new friend and forms an immediate bond. To me, anyone who takes the time to "hand write" a few words already qualifies as a special person! Calligraphers are a rare breed. Blunder is a unique soul with a wonderful sense of humor and generous spirit. I look forward to following his yellow brick road!"
18th July, 2007
- July 2007
- The Netherlands
- I am:
- Male and Taken