Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Depending on what web browser you use, many of my older Flickr posts may look too dark, they were optimized for the old Firefox, before Firefox began adjusting color profiles. But if you are using Internet Explorer, which has yet to make this update, then no worries. Or you can just visit my website.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- FlickrCentral 6,638,023 photos, 196,094 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 747 photos, 1,949 members
- Rollei 35 22,699 photos, 2,764 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,834 photos, 55,885 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,193 photos, 10,328 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 87,892 photos, 9,151 members
- Reserva Especial - Perfil - Portrait 5,855 photos, 539 members
- *** EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ ONLY EXTRAORDINARY WORK! 8,845 photos, 1,332 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 6,827 photos, 384 members
- Vintage Advertising 94,151 photos, 7,224 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Post 1 Comment 2 93,736 photos, 3,144 members
- Gothamist 181,329 photos, 3,588 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 792,102 photos, 26,852 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE [Admin Invite] P1: C1 1,811 photos, 481 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 32,982 photos, 2,425 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 9,604 photos, 628 members
- "AWWWED" ~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS! 43,607 photos, 2,743 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 509,055 photos, 28,360 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 536 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,143 photos, 1,507 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 55,535 photos, 5,134 members
- ballerinas 8,445 photos, 1,400 members
- Strobist.com 581,601 photos, 116,069 members
- ^^"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/A3 (MANDATORY) 725,909 photos, 39,072 members
- Nikon D700 266,105 photos, 14,208 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 49,826 photos, 7,813 members
- Dance (new rules) 60,030 photos, 8,936 members
- Nikon CLS 25,571 photos, 7,922 members
- Absolute BLACKandWHITE! [Invited Images Only] P1: C1 6,261 photos, 1,123 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE (Invited images Only) P1~ C1 6,341 photos, 1,513 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,565 photos, 1,223 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,856 photos, 5,458 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 261,124 photos, 18,299 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 37 photos, 538 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 27,654 photos, 1,900 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 42 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 92,655 photos, 3,739 members
- *PhotoGraphia* & Quality (Mod. Group) 29,998 photos, 2,410 members
- Heavenly-Italy 2,167 photos, 666 members
- Candid & Street Photography 877,241 photos, 23,744 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,184 photos, 1,036 members
- The Road To Heaven 260 photos, 201 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,514 photos, 1,801 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,032 members
- Fog and Rain 206,493 photos, 41,758 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,262 photos, 1,069 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,477 photos, 659 members
- Lonely Planet 545,163 photos, 16,420 members
- India Images 302,178 photos, 14,787 members
- Travel Photography 2,071,315 photos, 83,006 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
2nd February, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
23rd September, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
3rd September, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
3rd January, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
27th October, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
22nd September, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
19th July, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
3rd August, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com