Thank you for visiting, and for any comments you'd like to make. I enjoy hearing from you!
I live in Brooklyn Heights, which is a leafy historic district in New York City.
Depending on what web browser you use, many of my older Flickr posts may look too dark, they were optimized for the old Firefox, before Firefox began adjusting color profiles. But if you are using Internet Explorer, which has yet to make this update, then no worries. Or you can just visit my website.
Of course, all my photographs are copyrighted ©, so if you wish to use one for any reason, please contact me at:
And if you have a moment, please visit my website:
Photos of Rick Elkins (1)
- FlickrCentral 7,017,717 photos, 204,640 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 804 photos, 1,949 members
- Rollei 35 23,669 photos, 2,864 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,854 photos, 58,267 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,370 photos, 10,321 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 92,781 photos, 9,344 members
- Reserva Especial - Perfil - Portrait 5,857 photos, 539 members
- ***EXTRAORDINARILY IMPRESSIVE ◙ No flowers No children! A2 9,649 photos, 1,349 members
- PRISTINE TASMANIA 7,119 photos, 398 members
- Vintage Advertising 101,780 photos, 7,282 members
- Amsterdam Blog Associates - Post 1 Comment 2 97,033 photos, 3,144 members
- Gothamist 186,391 photos, 3,648 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 810,335 photos, 26,988 members
- ABSOLUTE ROUGE (by admin approval) P1: C1 1,855 photos, 489 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 38,702 photos, 2,766 members
- (essential) HIGH QUALITY selected images 9,572 photos, 627 members
- "AWWWED" ~ CUTE & ADORABLE PHOTOS! 44,921 photos, 2,750 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 511,256 photos, 28,356 members
- Fictitious Reality 33 th Exhibition- maree. 18 photos, 531 members
- Masterpieces of Portrait Art 4,149 photos, 1,553 members
- (st)ARTCAFE - 2O13 55,655 photos, 5,102 members
- ballerinas 8,860 photos, 1,436 members
- Strobist.com 587,317 photos, 117,317 members
- ^^"PHOTOGRAPHERS" GONE WILD - P1/A3 (MANDATORY) 727,174 photos, 39,193 members
- Nikon D700 275,536 photos, 14,411 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 50,920 photos, 7,854 members
- Dance (new rules) 61,201 photos, 9,038 members
- Nikon CLS 25,752 photos, 7,928 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by Admin approval) P1: C1 6,466 photos, 1,167 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE (by Admin approval) P1~ C1 6,507 photos, 1,544 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,579 photos, 1,245 members
- *PHOTOS EXPLORE GROUP* - ( comment photo and pool!!! ) 15,796 photos, 5,439 members
- Nocturnes - Night Photography 274,182 photos, 18,666 members
- On Strike Over New Home Page 37 photos, 538 members
- Hommage à Doisneau 28,892 photos, 1,906 members
- The Outdoor Photographers Lounge 46 photos, 42 members
- Intelligent Travel - National Geographic Traveler's blog 97,202 photos, 3,776 members
- *PhotoGraphia* & Quality (Mod. Group) 30,951 photos, 2,435 members
- Heavenly-Italy 2,185 photos, 664 members
- Candid & Street Photography 934,894 photos, 24,695 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,174 photos, 1,033 members
- The Road To Heaven 258 photos, 201 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,479 photos, 1,791 members
- Flickr Group's Features Need Improvements: Petition to Flickr 0 photos, 2,027 members
- Fog and Rain 221,890 photos, 44,905 members
- Atque Artificia, Post 1 and comment and fave 2 5,255 photos, 1,063 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,457 photos, 652 members
- Lonely Planet 578,633 photos, 17,029 members
- India Images 318,841 photos, 15,368 members
- Travel Photography 2,212,021 photos, 85,982 members
André Pipa says:
"Rick is one of my oldest and loyal friends in Flickrland. He lives in Brooklyn, NYC, and he is a magnificent artist. His work is very sophisticated but you can always find a delicious human-touch even in the «dark» images. Rick’s ideas are usually remarkable. He knows how to play with emotions, light, colours, volumes, lines and shadows to produce tantalizing images. Look at his fabulous images of New York, look at his photos of India, Jamaica, Europe… and you will see talent. Shining t-a-l-e-n-t.
Of course I am proud to have Rick in my friends list.
Thanks for the friendship Rick, cheers from Lisbon!"
2nd February, 2011
Julian E... says:
"Rick, you are a magnificent artist that keeps his eyes wide open when it comes to observing the world around you. You move us with your captures and you show us the possibilities. But most of all you take the time to inspire others and REALLY look at their work, our work - your comments are never lacking in encouragement and that bit of masterful two or three sentences that capture what the artist was going for. Rick, whether you are traveling or at home in New York, many of us are happy to sit and wait for your next post, for it is sure to tease our imagination, massage our brains and leave us with plenty of food for thought. I am proud and happy to be among your contacts and know that somewhere out there, there exists a guy with a bicycle and a gorilla tripod ready to go!
Greetings from LA and cheers bud,
23rd September, 2008
"What's important about Rick Elkins' India series is how he up-ends what we think we "know" about the country. Most photographs of India emphasize the crowds, the poverty, the chaos, the exotic monuments.
What Rick has done instead is to deliberately show the Indian person as an individual or in small groups. He displays - as if almost for the first time - the inner life, the deep dignity, the innocent tenderness of the Indian soul."
3rd September, 2008
Rita Crane Photography says:
"It takes time, effort, technical understanding of the equipment, and above all an eye that Sees with Heart to capture such magical images. Rick has all of these. Kudos!!
My favorites are the bridge images ...........and the absolutely incredible shot of the Statue of Liberty and harbor. It deserves to be in the Museum of History of the City of New York.
A masterpiece, for sure!"
3rd January, 2008
"If I was a vampire, this is where I would live. Under the bridge in the darkest of the night. Rick's night photography is some of the best I have seen on flickr. Always amazing photography. Take your time and enjoy the view here. It's 100% pure satisfaction. New York never looked more beautiful.
Your friendship is a pleasure and a treasure, Rick. From the first day I met you I was hypnotized by your photography. Someday I will get there. :-))) And thank you for your stunning photography!"
27th October, 2007
"Rick's images are always invariably impressive, thoughtful and flawless. The range of his talent is incredible, each shot surprisingly different, but all exhibiting a similar level of connection with his subjects.
His comments also are worthy of mention, as half the time Rick knows more about another photographer's motivation than the photographer himself. Or, myself.
These are the pictures I wish I could take, the best of Flickr."
22nd September, 2007
Chris (archi3d) says:
"Rick has some absolutely stunning & dramatic shots.
Amazing color and treatment works. Beautiful sceneries, strong sense of composition, showing original point of views with city, people or nature subjects. Thank you Rick for the inspiration, keep up the great work."
19th July, 2007
"just a very brief thought: roncidium's pictures are GREAT, and the seimple reason is that he shows you usual subjects in a completely new and unusual way. It's simply a GREAT job!"
3rd August, 2007
- Rick Elkins
- December 2006
- relkins [at] nyc.rr.com