I really like taking pictures as a way to relax and have some fun. I'm not pursuing photography for more money... although I would enjoy having much more time to dedicate to it, which I will do when I "semi-retire" someday. It adds a valuable dimension to my life. I can say that now I am quite passionate about it, and want to improve my craft.
As for formal education, well, I took 9 years in all --- I studied Architecture and Architectural design for 4 years of that, and have a couple of undergraduate degrees and a Masters Degree in City Planning to show for all that time.
I spent 25 years working in the Land Development Industry before deciding to be an Investment Advisor. I own and manage "Garden City Financial" in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada.
PLEASE RESPECT MY COPYRIGHT ON EVERY ONE OF MY PHOTOS POSTED ON FLICKR. MY PHOTOS ARE "ALL RIGHTS RESERVED". NO USE IS PERMITTED WHATSOEVER WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT.
TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE THE RESOURCES TO "PURSUE AND SUE" YOU IF YOU VIOLATE MY COPYRIGHTS.
- flickr (unofficial) 1,529,841 photos, 78,342 members
- Spring in the Air 2012 272 photos, 58 members
- Invite the Best - Please VOTE 13,407 photos, 549 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,621,539 photos, 223,455 members
- !!Perfect Composition!! 445,203 photos, 10,499 members
- Tim Hortons 886 photos, 337 members
- Inanimate Fluid Form 3 photos, 2 members
- Silouettes 3,311 photos, 526 members
- Simply Super Shot 2,889 photos, 330 members
- Goof Shots 575 photos, 340 members
- Glamour y Sensual (Artistic photo's Only! No porn!) 17,900 photos, 3,024 members
- All about Reflections 27,671 photos, 2,481 members
- Oreengenesses 18,699 photos, 1,248 members
- Furry CAT Friends!!! 67,935 photos, 5,971 members
- Beauty of Life 107,980 photos, 2,904 members
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 1,160 photos, 953 members
- Project worldwide (pictures of places around the world) 168,329 photos, 11,716 members
- Design and the City: The Design Hotels™ Photo Contest 2,903 photos, 375 members
- city and backyard wildlife 4,332 photos, 222 members
- Amazing Ontario -Our Great Province- 40,009 photos, 1,139 members
- Golden Hour!! 43,157 photos, 6,483 members
- Damn! I Wish I'd Taken That!!! (Invite Only) Post 1-Award2 . 191,896 photos, 22,042 members
- *Desafío Fotográfico* / NO RULES!! 6,329 photos, 545 members
- clown 6,918 photos, 1,598 members
- Clowns 5,128 photos, 1,307 members
- White on Black 1,711 photos, 449 members
- Flickr goal (sube 1 marca 5 goles) 53,802 photos, 2,752 members
- ♥Addicted to Color♥ 33,542 photos, 1,775 members
- Micro Macro e i suoi dettagli 6,692 photos, 1,524 members
- Macro Awards (Invite Only!) 40,125 photos, 11,326 members
- squareFormat 856,394 photos, 32,126 members
- Lets Talk about Love and Peace..(Please Only Nature, NO People!) 31,197 photos, 2,569 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 114,611 photos, 4,488 members
- SmallWorlds Gallery - Comments Welcome! 792 photos, 299 members
- The wonder of Flowers 26,028 photos, 1,364 members
- 10+ Favorites 14,098 photos, 885 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,698 photos, 21,904 members
- "FLICKR POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHER" POST1/AWARD3 QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 170,340 photos, 5,558 members
- Pink N Powerful~ Pink flowers ONLY! Contest 45 Now Voting! 43,419 photos, 4,655 members
- Amazing Colors [Moderated] (Award/Comment 1) 8,223 photos, 2,681 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 10,605 photos, 2,281 members
- Symbols 1,723 photos, 256 members
- Icons and Symbols 3,272 photos, 269 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [DISCONTINUED] 35,563 photos, 5,535 members
- Cats the Beloved Pets 69,183 photos, 3,970 members
- OUR PLANET - Pure Nature Only 34,024 photos, 2,915 members
- Angels and Our Own 469 photos, 39 members
- ``SetSeeker 27,549 photos, 2,543 members
- The dying art of in-camera soft focus 814 photos, 153 members
- Show your CAT to the World 8,530 photos, 559 members
Sparkling One says:
"Fred Winnik is my best friend and confidante, and I trust him implicitly. He is a very caring and generous person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He is one of the most sensitive men I know; and his compassion knows no bounds. And talk about a "warped" sense of humour!!! It is a genuine privilege to be counted among his friends.
As far as his photography is concerned, Fred is fast becoming a master in the field of digital photography which he just started pursuing about a year ago. I always look forward to visiting his site because there is always something interesting to view. Not only that, we learn much about his "quirkiness" by reading the descriptions under his photos. They are usually very entertaining as well as informative.
Fred is a perfectionist and strives to be the best no matter what he attempts. (This is one of the things I most admire about him.) At the moment, he is dedicated to being the best portrait photographer in the city of St. Catharines (or I daresay anywhere else for that matter). And the best part is that he is succeeding beyond my (and his?) expectations."
30th December, 2007
- Frederick Winnik
- June 2007
- St. Catharines, Canada
- I am:
- Investment Funds Advisor / Business Owner
- fwinnik [at] cogeco.ca