I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. I do reserve the rights of my imagery ©2013 All rights to the images on this Flickr site, and parts of, are the property of Kevin Cole, "www.kevinlcole.com" and may not be used without the express written approval of Kevin Cole. For use of this image contact Kevin Cole at kevin@kevinLcole.com. All my image have been digitally watermarked with a Digimarc digital ID and are internet searchable to identify copyright violators.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- flickr (unofficial) 1,791,681 photos, 80,933 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 26,380 photos, 1,908 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 990 photos, 187 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 39,833 photos, 7,560 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 120 photos, 30 members
- Project Weather 143,783 photos, 36,966 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 51,350 photos, 2,712 members
- Hipstamatic 299,008 photos, 16,686 members
- iPhoneography 354,200 photos, 11,951 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 311,779 photos, 15,975 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 224 photos, 8 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 30,590 photos, 747 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 470,987 photos, 16,712 members
- I Love Black and White! 1,050,951 photos, 47,025 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 505,618 photos, 36,107 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 300 photos, 25 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,241 photos, 6,470 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 34,460 photos, 1,694 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,988 photos, 4,490 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 298,304 photos, 17,177 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 5,880 photos, 834 members
- EXPLORE Worthy* ALPHA + RPT #3, Open NOW 8,965 photos, 579 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,727 photos, 538 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 13,710 photos, 1,610 members
- Forced Perspective 1,385 photos, 735 members
- My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 525,073 photos, 15,637 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 36,823 photos, 7,646 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,618 photos, 3,800 members
- Show and Shine 509 photos, 42 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 7,837 photos, 67 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 30,524 photos, 5,685 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 7,902 photos, 196 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 15,233 photos, 780 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 314,346 photos, 24,712 members
- Life´s a Journey INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,779 photos, 1,210 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 60,360 photos, 2,291 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 45 photos, 10 members
- avp&a #3 - GOLD group Post 1, AWARD 2 Read NEW procedures 8,078 photos, 1,046 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 9,814 photos, 649 members
- avp&a #2 - PLATINUM group - P1/A3, SWEEPER active again 22,126 photos, 1,796 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 24,647 photos, 1,798 members
- avp&a #1 - MAIN group (Post 1-AWARD 4) SWEEPER active 83,324 photos, 3,772 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE(This Group is Closed) 222,194 photos, 8,751 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,638 photos, 458 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 48,944 photos, 3,593 members
- WORLD Peace HallofFame<LEVEL 3>INVITED ONLY :POST 1 - AWARD 4 15,174 photos, 3,524 members
- !Photographers REALLY Gone Wild ~ Invited photos P1/A3 MANDAT 19,265 photos, 4,342 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,348 photos, 814 members
- ₪ HDR & PS Post-Processing ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) MOD-Q 106,816 photos, 6,511 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
19th July, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer