kevincole's photostream Pro User
I shoot outside the box, that's where the light is!
VIEW MY MOST INTERESTING
YES I BLOG
In 2004 we sold our San Joaquin Valley home of almost two decades and moved to the town of Morro Bay, California. Morro Bay a small long time fishing town of 10,000 residents on the Pacific Coast is centrally located between San Fransisco and Los Angeles. For many years Morro Bay was our little Hawaii, a place within a few hours drive where we could spend the weekend relaxing in the cool coastal breezes and stuffing ourselves with fresh fish from the Pacific Coastline. So, in 2004 when it was time to make the decision of where to spend our relaxing years, it was a no brainer.
In 2004 I also decided to retire from the business world after being a business owner and manager for over 25 years. It was now time to spend life enjoying my childhood passion of photography. During the days of film most of my equipment preferences were Nikon, but this time I chose to hone my creativity with Professional Canon equipment.
I joined Flickr a few years ago to share my images with others and enjoy images from around the world. My images are free to use by non-profit organizations, educational groups, writers, nature and wildlife organizations, including websites. I do ask that attribution be given to "kevinLcole.com" or "Kevin Cole". I do reserve the rights of my imagery for use in profit based materials, so do contact me to discuss my conditions if this is your intention.
I enjoy seeing comments on my images from fellow Flickrites and group invites are always welcome. My goal is to develop a vast network of Flickr friends that enjoy my imagery, and I theirs. If you stop by to view my imagery please make a comment, if you don't like what you see, tell me so, I have big shoulders. If you do comment I will gladly reciprocate and add my supportive comments to your images as well. Everyone is welcome to make me a contact, but please do not take offense if I choose not to reciprocate if your work does not fit my interests.
Happy shooting to all, and, don't forget to take that picture of what you don't see.
Here is a photo of me on a cliff at Montaña de Oro
photo by Teddy Llovet
My beautiful wife of 36 ears.
Taken in Arches National Park, Utah. Balance Rock in the background.
Photos of kevincole (6)
- flickr (unofficial) 901,312 photos, 68,304 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 23,981 photos, 1,816 members
- Pro Photo - Flickr Group 671 photos, 179 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 29,921 photos, 7,429 members
- Your Best Hipstamatic Prints- p1a5 111 photos, 26 members
- Project Weather 40,921 photos, 13,187 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 32,386 photos, 2,395 members
- Hipstamatic 271,899 photos, 16,388 members
- iPhoneography 309,273 photos, 11,357 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 229,343 photos, 14,820 members
- iPadography 0 photos, 1 member
- iPhoneograph 189 photos, 5 members
- iPhone-art iphoneography 21,430 photos, 679 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 397,216 photos, 14,744 members
- I Love Black and White! 895,101 photos, 43,262 members
- Black & White Art Awards (Post 1 - Award 3) 462,327 photos, 34,315 members
- Central Coast Sunsets 238 photos, 27 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 43,090 photos, 6,366 members
- HDR! (P1/C3) 31,690 photos, 1,723 members
- Fabulous Planet Evo (Post 1, Award 4) (Sweeper) 100,752 photos, 4,581 members
- Super Photographer (Post1 -Award 5) 262,164 photos, 16,682 members
- Bodie Ghost Town 5,284 photos, 780 members
- EXPLORE Worthy ~ 1 Challenge Open + 2 Voting NOW 8,029 photos, 576 members
- Platinum Universe ( ADM INVITE ) (1-5) Sweeper super active 1,766 photos, 561 members
- Golden Universe (1-5) Sweeper super active 13,177 photos, 1,632 members
- Forced Perspective 999 photos, 652 members
- My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) - Sweeper is ON 472,174 photos, 15,312 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 35,854 photos, 7,264 members
- Scott Kelby's 3rd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010 14,777 photos, 3,860 members
- Show and Shine 478 photos, 43 members
- San Luis Obispo Camera Club 6,041 photos, 55 members
- Rate My Photograph Now! 30,023 photos, 5,661 members
- Hot Rods - Only!!! 6,540 photos, 191 members
- Hot Rods & Racing 13,491 photos, 739 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 290,551 photos, 23,818 members
- Life´s a Journey INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 3,069 photos, 1,235 members
- Artistic Impressions (Post 1: Comment 1) 54,834 photos, 2,263 members
- Photomorrobay Headshots 38 photos, 10 members
- avp&a #3 - GOLD group Post 1, AWARD 2 Read NEW procedures 7,949 photos, 1,030 members
- The Photo Professionals Post 1 ~ Award 3 Enhanced Photos Only 9,977 photos, 660 members
- avp&a #2 - PLATINUM group - P1/A3, SWEEPER active again 21,527 photos, 1,762 members
- ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS NOW (Post1/Comment3) 22,729 photos, 1,801 members
- avp&a #1 - MAIN group (Post 1-AWARD 4) SWEEPER active 78,177 photos, 3,684 members
- cRAzY aBoUT naTuRE (Read the Rules) 227,188 photos, 8,918 members
- God Has Been Painting Again! 3,413 photos, 453 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 44,467 photos, 3,550 members
- WORLD Peace HallofFame<LEVEL 3>INVITED ONLY :POST 1 - AWARD 4 14,187 photos, 3,428 members
- !Photographers REALLY Gone Wild ~ Invited photos P1/A3 MANDAT 19,842 photos, 4,443 members
- Top Seven Gallery ~ Admin Invite Only 3,429 photos, 843 members
- ₪ HDR & PS Post-Processing ₪ (Add 1 ~ Award 2) 104,750 photos, 6,577 members
"Creativity is one thing, but when combined with technical mastery, the result is imagery that not only holds up well but continues to reveal itself over time. Kevin is a consumate photographer in this regard: he has an artistic sensibility and a keen eye for composition, seemingly infinite patience in the timing of his shots for lighting and subject placement, and a master's command of his tools and medium. But that is just half the story because Kevin is also one of the most generous contributors on Flickr in sharing the secrets of his craft, both in his detailed description of methods and settings, and in his thoughtful response to any questions.
Do yourself a favor: find the images in Kevin's photostream that call out to you, then study how they were made. Regardless of the level of your experience or equipment, you will find something that you can apply beneficially to your own photography. And you will find beautiful images that bring you back for repeated viewing."
19th July, 2009
- Kevin Cole
- June 2007
- Pacific Coast, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Retired Business owner and Aerospace parts manufacturer