I am a retired teacher living in Bradford, West Yorkshire. I live with Dilly my gorgeous cat in a bungalow on the edge of the city. My interests are bird watching, painting and embroidery. I read a lot and watch far too much TV. I am now addicted to looking at other people's photos on Flickr!
- …but is it art? 978 photos, 39 members
- Colored Petals' Garden+.WINNERS ANNOUNCED 14,831 photos, 1,137 members
- Wir lieben Tiere/We love animals 37,569 photos, 932 members
- Photos sans Frontières (No people) - P.1 / C.2 225,690 photos, 5,553 members
- BBC Winterwatch 82,022 photos, 5,310 members
- Adore my Cat 12,400 photos, 503 members
- Felidae - The Beast Inside (cats being wild) 1,833 photos, 152 members
- Cats! Meow! ~ ≧◡≦ ~ Meow! ~ "Holiday Winners Announced" 14,057 photos, 799 members
- Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways 8,490 photos, 331 members
- Llandudno 5,134 photos, 380 members
- All Things Sparrowhawk... Accipiter... 4,684 photos, 1,342 members
- Stuffed animals in the big world 3,493 photos, 434 members
- lost childhood summers 112 photos, 19 members
- Scottish Beavers 24 photos, 13 members
- Merry Christmas - Post all year round! 998 photos, 261 members
- OMGSQUIRREL!!! 5,136 photos, 291 members
- More Worser Grammar 675 photos, 213 members
- Cats in Sinks 1,085 photos, 588 members
- Cats in high places 97 photos, 5 members
- Old album sweet memories 2,192 photos, 221 members
- Silly faces with glasses 4 photos, 5 members
- Cottingley , Bingley 69 photos, 6 members
- Auricula Addiction 492 photos, 114 members
- Birdwatch 16,640 photos, 378 members
- Pancakes United 14 photos, 8 members
- Every cat on flickr 8,221 photos, 441 members
- Friends of Zeus & Phoebe 25,787 photos, 1,771 members
- Cross Stitch 9,328 photos, 1,267 members
- Lunar Eclipse December 21 2010 793 photos, 295 members
- Feathery Friday! ***Contests Suspended*** 35,915 photos, 2,032 members
- Explore Rhode Island 10,593 photos, 519 members
- Rhode Island Food 2,278 photos, 206 members
- Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island 3,055 photos, 283 members
- Non tutto,solo un po'.....(NOT ALL,ONLY A LITTLE.....) 23,773 photos, 1,455 members
- Cats We Love ~ Comment After Each Posting 35,156 photos, 2,880 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,769 photos, 3,236 members
- ***BUTTERFLIES & INSECTS *** 11,771 photos, 541 members
- Chester Zoo 14,310 photos, 871 members
- Chester Zoo Visitor Photos 13,447 photos, 791 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 please 117,039 photos, 14,572 members
- Gato & Gatas! ♥ Cat & Cats -JOIN US. Adira ao grupo! 20,739 photos, 1,607 members
- Queensbury 2,044 photos, 44 members
- buildings are beautiful 38,903 photos, 1,717 members
- Lodges, Gatehouses & Tollhouses 3,522 photos, 270 members
- Bugsssss - P1/C1 - DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT! 59,472 photos, 4,012 members
- Miss Stevie's Sensational Shots-R.I.P. Miss Stevie -Admin. Invi 9,298 photos, 97 members
- Silhouettes Shape 'n Shadows 15,002 photos, 1,177 members
- Friends of Gracie and Millie - PLEASE COMMENT! 9,269 photos, 529 members
- Cat Friends 31,708 photos, 4,691 members
- Free Derry Corner 222 photos, 126 members
"Janet is a very lovely person!! I simply love love love her photos of Dilly she's a precious cat, and I love Janet's comments on pictures she's a funny person and I love it when she comments on pictures!! She's very busy with her time and for her to take the time to comment means alot to me!! She takes Superb photos of Dilly and other people and things!! I love her as a family contact and she's a Superb friend and a sweet heart of a person!! Love you lots Janet and always stay the same!!
I forgot to add this and now I am!! Janet was the first person to comment on one of my pictures!! And I'll never forget it!! Thanks so very much Janet and Dilly for being such sensational friends and Flickr mates!!"
24th February, 2008
"Janet is an innovative, imaginative, creative, stimulating, humorous, Flickr Friend. You go girl !
28th January, 2008
"Hey I wanted to leave a testimonial too, but it definitely will not compare to others I have read...uh hem VF and Andrea. Ok well I'm not sure if Janet was one of the first people I met on flickr but she certainly is one of the people I enjoy the most. I love seeing the antics of her cat Dilly, who is absolutely gorgeous. She lives in such a beautiful area that her pictures cannot help but be amazing. She has a great eye for the camera and I just enjoy looking through her stream.
She always says something to make me laugh and her contacts are some of the funniest people. Janet definitely knows how to laugh, and that's a great quality not many people have. I don't care how old she is, I can joke around with her anytime. I feel as if I already know so much about her life through her pictures and stories of each shot. She is not afraid to put herself out there and that's because she's so wonderful.
One day I'm going to have to get out there to meet Janet and Dilly."
27th September, 2007
"She is one of my first contacts and kept me in her thoughts & prayers during a difficult time & the loss of my husband.She is always thoughtful, asking how I & my pets are doing,even if I don't answer right away. She is the most compassionate,caring soul who also shares our love for cats & all manner of animals that need kindly humans to speak for them. I am priviledged to call her a friend."
7th September, 2007
"She is one of my first contacts here and one of my best friends, she is always so sweet and kind, saying good words to encourage us!!
Her pictures are wonderful, she has a great sense of beauty, I learned a lot with her!!
Thank you Janet for been a great friend!!"
28th June, 2007
"Occasionally, as we travel through life, we meet someone with whom we develop an instinctive bond of friendship...where feelings matter and looks do not; where confidences shared are confidences kept; where enjoyment of one another is based not on what that person can do for you, but rather, what you can do for that person...to know someone like this is indeed a blessing...to find someone like this, a continent away, while looking for cute cats on a photo-sharing website is an incredible stroke of good fortune!
This is exactly what happened to me, about seven months ago! I spotted a sweet-faced, intelligent-looking little cat named Dilly, while perusing my friend Mr. Ducke's favorite pictures...her owner seemed to love her very much, and I began to enjoy the variety of beautiful things that Janet 59 was sharing on her photostream. Somewhere along the way, we started to develop the bond of friendship that I described in the beginning of this testimonial. It is amazing, the fun we have together, thousands of miles apart!
Thank you, Janet, for the glimpse into your beautiful world, for your caring spirit that you share so generously, and for the love you bring into our lives."
11th June, 2007
"I am very happy to know Janet! She and Dilly are beautiful and kind. Her stream is such a healthy mix of objects and scenes that it can't help but produce a smile. She is very friendly and compassionate. One of my very first Flickr friends, and I am glad of it!"
14th April, 2007
"Janet was one of the first persons i met in Flickr since then, I considered myself lucky of meeting such a great person , so caring and sweet. Always with a nice remark, lovely comment and the right word in the right moment. She was so nice to me when my Gordy passed away without even knowing me much, she confort me and supported me in a moment I was deep down with pain and sorrow.
Everyday I wait for her pictures to appear in my contact's. I like what she does, the painting, embroidery, bird watching and the love she shows in every description of her great captures. She seems to care about animals not only cats and that is something that i really value in a person.
Janet is fun , she really amuses me with her stories and of course the unconditional life of that wonderful cat that rules her life : Dilly, who, by the way ,I love too.
It is incredible how Flickr unites different people from far away places, from different languages and backgrounds.
This is the first testimonial I write, so maybe it is not the best , but I just want to state that Janet is a bighearted person that i truly admired and that I thank her for letting me be her friend.
Thank you JANET, YOU ARE A SUPER FRIEND.
25th February, 2007
- October 2006
- I am:
- Female and Single