tomhide is a short for Thomas Hideyo Aylett
Thanks for stopping by!
If you are here because I've faved your photo, please know that I think your photo is awesome and bookmarking it reminds me to revisit your work. :)
Waaaaaaaait! Before sending me a flickr mail - please see below.
A note about the images:
Please be advised the photos I take are copyrighted to me and they are only intended to be an enjoyment of viewing for my family, friends and anyone else visiting my photostream only. My photos are not intended to be used for anything else.
In response to some requests, my photos are not for sale, publications (web or magazine) or use for any other purpose. The photos may not be copied, reproduced, redistributed, manipulated, projected, used or altered in any way.
Please refrain from seeking permission to use or purchase the photos and please do not be offended if I don't reply to such requests as some are offended by refusal and I can't be bothered dealing with any BS.
My apologies if I come across harsh but previous experiences has led me to write this boring notice. I'm sure some of you will know what I mean.
I suggest anyone looking for images for their own use to consider purchasing them from the professionals or through Flickr collection on Getty Images where you'll be able to support the photographer/artist through your purchases.
Never really had any use for this but nowadays I often use it for people who uses the "Photo of contact" with any other than the person listed popping up on my flickr homepage. I think the "Photo of contact" is such a cool feature but it's a shame it's been misused by some...
After years of sharing with everyone, I decided to limit this to the contact only after finding my photos at various places that are business oriented or self promotion sites without my permission and encounters with some unpleasant people who can't accept "no" for an answer for freebie requests.
I don't make a dime out of my photos, yet I don't understand how some people feel they are entitled to use my photos for their own gain...
Equipment: (I've decided to add these information and group my photos by equipment as I personally find it helpful to know what equipment others were using for their work.)
Canon 30D - Brilliant crop sensor camera. Still going strong today.
Canon 5D - What can I say... Any owner will tell you how good this is. I absolutely love this camera and this will stay with me for a long time.
Canon 5D2 - Mixed feelings about this... The additional features are nice but hard to say I like this better than the original 5D.
Fujifilm X100 - One word: "Awesome". I absolutely love this camera! One thing I've noticed about this camera is amount of people's opinion for it. It's rather amusing seeing some people whine about it. If you want to know what this camera is about, just do a quick search on Flickr and judge the result for yourself.
Sigma DP1 - Unpredictable little camera. Sometimes love it, sometimes I hate it. Some photos that comes out of this little thing looks better than my Canon DSLRs but other times, it'll remind me that it's only a P&S camera.
Nikon F2A Photomic - Given to me as a gift. I haven't really shot much with it but this thing is beautiful to even just look at and it is old as me! I look no where as well kept as this at 30+ years old. Pity they don't make the camera this solid and beautiful anymore. Oh, and 'in my opinion' photo made out of film looks so much nicer than the digital in terms of art work. I really admire many of the film shooters and their work.
Lenses - A couple of Canon lenses which I am very happy with them all. I'd recommend them to my friends and family.
- EF 17-40mm f/4L USM <<< Brilliant wide angle!
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
- EF 50mm f/1.2L USM <<< wished this was the same size as the f1.4 ver.
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM <<< IMO, good as the f1.2 ver but lacks in build quality.
- EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM <<< SHARP
- EF 135mm f/2L USM <<< Great bokeh when shooting wide open.
Sydney Sandstorm - Featured on 'Yahoo Germany's 2009 top searches - Flickr momente
Sydney Sandstorm - Featured on BBC TV Documentary - Nature's Weirdest Events 2012
QM2 and a Tugboat - 1st place of "Mission of the month Comp theme, Silhouette" 'Digital Camera Magazine - 07' Sept Issue
Subaru Forester XT: Gets me to all the nice photographic locations. Really makes the journey comfortable and fun!
Trek 8500: When I'm not driving. :)
Photos of tomhide (6)
- Vivid Sydney 2012 2,151 photos, 253 members
- Fuji X100 101,526 photos, 7,173 members
- MyFun Australia 28 photos, 47 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,180 photos, 23,488 members
- 1000 Faves 80 photos, 93 members
- Subaru 24,698 photos, 3,086 members
- 2009 Subaru Forester 282 photos, 33 members
- Earth Hour 2010 3,940 photos, 1,433 members
- Self Taught Photographers 1,218,737 photos, 51,444 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,813 photos, 19,404 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,631 photos, 1,207 members
- 1.000+ Faves 203 photos, 142 members
- Mountain Bike! 48,064 photos, 4,333 members
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM 36,277 photos, 3,823 members
- Sekonic Light Meter 4,013 photos, 1,025 members
- Sigma DP1 17,887 photos, 665 members
- Sigma DP1 Camera 39,886 photos, 2,178 members
- DSLR Canon 30D 20,914 photos, 771 members
- Fine Art Landscapes - Invited Work Only 77 photos, 38 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,520 photos, 5,081 members
- This is Australia 363 photos, 166 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 856,094 photos, 44,636 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 376,105 photos, 17,122 members
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM. 130,536 photos, 11,882 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 826,254 photos, 51,875 members
- Kiama Trip (13 October 2007) 7 photos, 4 members
- My Australia 131,144 photos, 3,397 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,776 photos, 13,325 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 246,485 photos, 30,155 members
- Colour Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=- (Colours ONLY) 371,062 photos, 25,676 members
- DFC - *all about Digital, Film, Cameras, Lenses & Friends! 42,618 photos, 2,401 members
- FOCUS LEGACY / INVITATION ONLY or 20+ favs /Post 1-Award 3 / 12,449 photos, 3,781 members
- Coastal Australia 4,559 photos, 402 members
- Terra Australis - Great Australian photography 22 photos, 24 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,230 photos, 7,839 members
- art of landscape 2,124 photos, 14,203 members
- Uà sì Gruosss!!! 1,862 photos, 475 members
- Australian Elite Images (50+views, 10+faves) 5,431 photos, 376 members
- You Think this is Art 1,198,310 photos, 56,894 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 331,510 photos, 24,018 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,224,843 photos, 79,347 members
- FlickrsBest the original 89,036 photos, 14,765 members
- CITRIT,Best of yours! / Invited shots only/comment 2 / 293,653 photos, 29,686 members
- 07_07_07 8,192 photos, 5,034 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,440 photos, 17,966 members
- Views: 1000 25,747 photos, 11,036 members
- Oneness – Labyrinth 47,748 photos, 4,830 members
- Irresistible Beauty - Invited photos only 14,400 photos, 3,516 members
- *ABW* Gallery ~ by invitation only 1,092 photos, 1,408 members
- >>> ULTRASELECTED <<< 446 photos, 112 members
"The ultimate union of technique and "the eye"............one of my earliest experiences of AWE on Flickr, and still a pinnacle of achievement in my book.
Tom, just keep on keeping on. The world's a better place with these images in it."
29th February, 2008
Linda [ o ]* photography says:
"Thanks, Tom, for your wonderful photos and all the kindness!!! Your photos are always stunning and watching your photostream is pure joy! And your comments are always so nice! Keep it up the way you do, it is greatly appreciated!! :)"
7th October, 2007
"Tom work was never boring, but i enjoy watching him improve day by day. How does an expert improve? He/she moves the bar... and i do believe that Tom has done just that :) an inspiration to myself and so many others. Tom gives me my daily dose of my home town of sydney, and one day, i better come down and join him and oat on a trip to the northern beaches for an early morning session :)
Good onyas mate :)"
3rd July, 2007
"All I can say is 'wow'. I've only just added Tom as a contact and am completely taken away by his photos. The quality, composition and colours - all perfect. Keep it up!"
5th June, 2007
"Stunning work. I seem to always be drawn to his images in my contacts list, and then see "tomhide". Every image is a pleasure to see, most are instant favs."
14th May, 2007
- Thomas Aylett
- October 2006
- Fukuoka, Japan
- Sydney, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thomas Aylett Photography