M.V. Jantzen's photostream Pro User
For anyone considering using these images: Most photos have an Attribution-Noncommercial Creative Commons license. To properly fulfill the attribution requirement, you must:
(1) Link the photo back to the URL of the image on my site
(2) Caption the photo with the title, the author, and the license terms. The title must link back to the image on my site (same URL as the image itself); the author link ("M.V. Jantzen") must link to www.flickr.com/photos/mvjantzen/, and the license terms must link to the appropriate page within creativecommons.org/ (such as creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/deed.en)).
Party Lights, by M.V. Jantzen, using a Creative Commons license.
The photos may be used only for noncommercial purposes. If you receive any revenue from your site, including from ads, your site could be considered commercial. If there is any doubt if your site might be commercial, please ask before using my photos. There is a difference between someone blogging for the love of it and a web site set up in the hopes of generating revenue.
And for all of you copying my photos to Facebook, please limit to profile pix, and then please do not copy anything larger than "small" (no more than 240 pixels in either height or width). And then in the caption, please provide credit ("photo by M.V. Jantzen"), and include a link back to the original page on Flickr. If you want to include other photos on your Facebook page, the way to do it is copy & paste the URL into your "wall." Facebook will automatically include a thumbnail of the image, which will link to the original.
My general aim is to document streetscapes, and record a few of the sights that catch my eye. I like to capture scenes of commerce and recreation that have a sence of place. I hope to use this blog to support the Dupont Circle Update newsletter.
I love cropping - it really demonstrates the power of capturing a view. I use four horizontal ratios: 4:3, 3:2 (Oskar Barnack's favorite), 1618:1000 (the golden ratio), and 2:1; plus square (1:1) and 3:4 for vertical shots.
"The camera is an instrument of detection. We photograph not only what we know, but also what we don’t know" Lisette Model
These are (apparently) my most interesting pictures. I like Darckr's presentation of my pix.
Comments are welcome. If you have a similar shot of the same subject, please feel free to include a thumbnail of your image - no bigger than 100 pixels. It's interesting to compare photos from different people.
If you like my photos, please consider buying me a Pro Account.
Thanks to the DC Photo Rights group for bringing attention to a serious issue.
Visit my blog at www.mvjantzen.com/blog/.
Contact me at mvs202 [at] gmail.com.
- DC No Pants Metro 2013 113 photos, 8 members
- santarchydc 3,086 photos, 62 members
- Mobility Halloween 22 photos, 3 members
- Water Polo 3,422 photos, 503 members
- Critical Mass 5,520 photos, 822 members
- Benevolent Media: "Reflections" Photography for Clean Water 75 photos, 24 members
- beach lovers. . . 237,199 photos, 20,921 members
- Beaches 117,731 photos, 8,851 members
- The United States Botanical Garden, DC 911 photos, 83 members
- FDR Memorial 110 photos, 13 members
- BicycleSPACE: Full Moon Outings 180 photos, 12 members
- Friends of the High Line 18,241 photos, 1,986 members
- WABA Event Photos 356 photos, 25 members
- Occupy DC 4,256 photos, 135 members
- DC High Heel Race 956 photos, 98 members
- Capitol Riverfront, DC 868 photos, 35 members
- Flickr API 801 photos, 11,666 members
- PHP 1,961 photos, 360 members
- Baltimore Rock Opera Society 621 photos, 30 members
- Bike Trails 33 photos, 6 members
- New York City Subways 1,097 photos, 304 members
- Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling 138 photos, 16 members
- Nikon Digital 1,507,436 photos, 66,113 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 483 photos, 60 members
- Light Junkies 88,398 photos, 13,045 members
- McDonald's Storefronts 12,369 photos, 1,129 members
- Capitol Hill 2,580 photos, 228 members
- Rain 35,261 photos, 9,052 members
- Firehouses 7,397 photos, 507 members
- dogs 30,872 photos, 1,294 members
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal 1,613 photos, 131 members
- Bethesda, Maryland 486 photos, 33 members
- Graffitti 11,727 photos, 619 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 565 photos, 40 members
- U.S. National Parks 117,965 photos, 11,845 members
- Georgetown - Washington, D.C. 3,240 photos, 292 members
- Downtown 44,608 photos, 1,567 members
- Orange Mania 5,085 photos, 744 members
- Fairfax County 3,829 photos, 459 members
- Columbia Heights, DC 2,728 photos, 220 members
- BloomingdaleDC 748 photos, 70 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 10,391 photos, 551 members
- umbrella 10,587 photos, 3,212 members
- Pink 54,855 photos, 5,491 members
- Architecture 1,152,745 photos, 65,430 members
- US Capitol 1,526 photos, 205 members
- Catchy Colors 3,078,090 photos, 107,865 members
- H Street, NE 460 photos, 62 members
- Adams Morgan, DC 811 photos, 73 members
- Horizons 3,855 photos, 345 members
M.V. Jantzen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- M.V. Jantzen
- September 2005
- Washington, DC, USA
- I am:
- Mystery Incorporated