I was a cultured California chick, graphic designer, and bakery cafe owner who turned manure mucking farmgirl back in 1994 when I was 26—and I've almost never looked back.
I live on a 240-acre remote Missouri farm with several dozen sheep, 16 chickens, 4 dogs, 4 cats, 7 very entertaining donkeys, and one extremely well fed farmguy.
My life revolves around food, and when I'm not
spoiling taking care of the critters, I spend a lot of time in my organic heirloom kitchen garden or baking artisan breads. I share my Less Fuss, More Flavor approach to cooking and recipes, along with stories and photos from my crazy country life on my blogs, Farmgirl Fare and In My Kitchen Garden.
I love and collect all sorts of vintage stuff - everything from bakelite handled flatware and beacon blankets to old garden tools and wooden crates. I'm crazy about vintage quilts and have a current and slightly dangerous obsession with vintage enamelware.
- Livestock Guardian Dogs (LGDs) 87 photos, 17 members
- vintage goodies 29,407 photos, 1,154 members
- Cottage Style Blog Finds 560 photos, 98 members
- one good loaf 448 photos, 124 members
- You Are a Dog People 48,178 photos, 2,090 members
- Little Lambs 2,632 photos, 577 members
- The Colorful Kitchen [Vintage] 8,725 photos, 928 members
- Missouri Photographers 40,877 photos, 919 members
- Rustic food 14,283 photos, 812 members
- Vintage stuff i found to the thrift store... 1,132 photos, 177 members
- Gardening Ephemera 291 photos, 97 members
- Vintage garden illustrations 2,226 photos, 372 members
- Vintage decorating 21,635 photos, 2,403 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 17,065 photos, 2,336 members
- California Pottery 627 photos, 101 members
- Bauer Pottery Loves You, Why Don't you Love it Back? 283 photos, 76 members
- Italian Food 21,504 photos, 2,056 members
- For The Love of Bread 7,656 photos, 1,203 members
- Bread Baking 11,922 photos, 1,802 members
- Bread-making 2,399 photos, 329 members
- A Year in Bread 1,140 photos, 209 members
Farmgirl Susan doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Farmgirl Susan
- March 2007
- SF Bay Area
- Rural Missouri, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- food and garden writer, photographer, sheep farmer, artisan bread baker, organic gardener
- Farmgirl Fare