- Portuguese Foods 136 photos, 10 members
- Reading & Books in Art 127 photos, 13 members
- Vintage Japanese Advertising 966 photos, 256 members
- Showa Period Japan 1945-89 857 photos, 174 members
- Food you dare not taste (aka museum of scary food) 1,399 photos, 220 members
- FOOD NOSTALGIA 7,996 photos, 481 members
- WorldWar 451 photos, 30 members
- 70s 7,869 photos, 607 members
- Hats Hats Hats 5,814 photos, 607 members
- Early Advertising (pre 1920) 6,390 photos, 522 members
- 1910s Fashion & Costume 1,184 photos, 114 members
- Ads Through the Ages 29,083 photos, 580 members
- 1930s Fashion 1,040 photos, 128 members
- vintage hats 4,840 photos, 374 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,235 photos, 157 members
- Animals R Us 1,968 photos, 128 members
- The Great War 1914 - 1918 25,470 photos, 1,673 members
- Exotic Ephemera 669 photos, 255 members
- Vintage old photos from Portugal / Fotos antigas de Portugal 1,814 photos, 140 members
- Corpo Expedicionário Português 95 photos, 17 members
- Movies. 19,295 photos, 510 members
- Vintage Propaganda 3,481 photos, 887 members
- EARLY 20TH CENTURY ART 1,639 photos, 198 members
- Belle Époque Illustration 1,335 photos, 557 members
- Vintage Bride 1,879 photos, 613 members
- Aspic Delight! 801 photos, 170 members
- 1920's 6,993 photos, 1,002 members
- Kate Bush 138 photos, 105 members
- Vintage Illustration 52,979 photos, 5,569 members
- Vintage Kimono 909 photos, 275 members
- Jazz-Age in Print (20s-30s) [VINTAGE] 3,928 photos, 1,404 members
- Wedge Heels & Wartime - Forties in Print [VINTAGE] 5,936 photos, 765 members
- Vintage Magazines 29,755 photos, 2,801 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 26,252 photos, 4,948 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,385 photos, 900 members
- Vintage Hair 6,138 photos, 1,868 members
"I just saw your blog -- wonderful idea!
AN OLD PAINTING A DAY: oldpainting.blogs..."
8th January, 2011
"Gatochy has all those almost forgotten treasure trove photos of paintings and models, it's amazing. It's similar to going into your grandmothers attic and finding everything you could ever dream of. I appreciate the fact that she uploads these also, for her 'fans'."
29th March, 2009
"Be you a fledgeling addict or hard-core stalker of vintage illustration, you cannot fail to be captivated by the beauty and range of Gatochy's brilliant collection. Top Class!"
26th December, 2008
"I always feel elevated and filled with delighted wonder every time I visit Gatochy's photostream.
She has such elegant and superb taste, and such a sense of old-world timelessness. It is a treat to see the treasures she has uncovered.
Visit her daily, and I promise you, you will feel better about being Human!"
23rd November, 2008
"What an amazing collection of images. I'm sure I'll keep coming back and find new things with each journey."
27th February, 2008
Paula Wirth says:
"One of the most prolific and interesting posters of vintage ephemera on flickr -- she's a sure fave!!! A welcome addition to any group, indeed."
28th September, 2007
Miss Retro Modern says:
"Gatochy posts some of the most interesting pictures around ... and more importantly, she's a fellow lover of veggies in aspic!"
16th July, 2007
"I find Mariana's Pic's very intrugeing,although much more if I spoke Portuguese,There's allways an intresting mix of photos here!!!"
29th June, 2007
"The livelihood of a "picker" depends on the sensitive eye; recognizing the beauty and worth in objects that others dismiss or fail even to perceive. Gatochy is my favorite picker, her choices never cease to inform and delight!"
23rd April, 2007
Charm and Poise says:
"Here's something I know for sure about Gatochy: she loves beauty in whatever interesting package it might come in. A blushing flapper. A glistening 1930s movie goddess. A shivering plate of delightful aspic. Her eye is attuned to the lovely and the irreverent -- a wonderful combination if you ask me!"
1st February, 2007
senses working overtime says:
"A wonderland of visual goodness!
Simply superb stuff!"
6th September, 2006
- May 2006
- Lisbon, Portugal
- I am: