Thank you for stopping by my photostream.
Your invites are welcome, but please do not be offended if I do not accept your invitation to a 'Post 1 comment 5' or similar type groups. It's just not my style to have blinking logos on my picture threads. I also find that people often fail to leave meaningful comments in such a situation.
Athough I call myself technically challenged, I do seem to get by intuitively. Instruction manuals remain a complete enigma. I started out on a Sony DSC in about 2007. Then I upgraded to a Canon g11, then the 12, and now I've just acquired a Nikon D5100. Plus, I borrow a mate's Canon 5d from time to time. Despite the various cameras, I try not to be overly concerned with such things. Taking decent images takes much greater precedence over how good a camera you've got.
Anyhow, warm greetings to you!
Oh and I'm a massive fan of auteur cinema especially of the European variety so any mention of the likes of Herzog, Tarkovsky, Rohmer, Malle, Fellini, Bergman, Leigh and Loach would greatly excite me. As far as photographers are concerned, I most admire the work of Don McCullin, Jacob Holdt and Martin Parr.
Oh and please ask my permission before using my photos. I've already had three people here on Flickr trying to pass my work off as their own. The bloody cheek!
- The Candid Frame 16,660 photos, 671 members
- PORTRAITS POUR FEMMES DU MONDE 5,831 photos, 626 members
- Portraits (Individuality, Imagination, Originality) 74,812 photos, 21,735 members
- Your best of the best 3,932 photos, 424 members
- Essex Architecture 713 photos, 93 members
- Essex Unknown 7,342 photos, 259 members
- Sun light shots. 919 photos, 220 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,669 photos, 15,201 members
- Badeenten/Quietscheente/yellow dug 6 photos, 12 members
- Fog and Rain 221,808 photos, 44,879 members
- theprintspace 37,050 photos, 2,456 members
- Profanity 136 photos, 65 members
- Northumberland and the North East of England 10,057 photos, 453 members
- Cycle London 2,368 photos, 968 members
- Sea and sand 13,322 photos, 1,915 members
- Tree appreciation 30,763 photos, 2,016 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 74,915 photos, 7,142 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 16,245 photos, 21,859 members
- This Is County Durham 3,072 photos, 131 members
- www.street-photographers.com 281 photos, 4,591 members
- Cairngorms National Park 4,068 photos, 252 members
- Coastal Imagery 4,536 photos, 245 members
- yorkshire photography uk 6,771 photos, 216 members
- London Cafés and Restaurants 6,232 photos, 1,091 members
- Altstadtgassen,velhas ruas,old street,Antiguo calles, vecchie st 415 photos, 64 members
- Launderette Britannia 282 photos, 32 members
- London B&W 2,588 photos, 192 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,845 members
- British Automobile Photography 30,668 photos, 1,083 members
- Jaguar Cars 21,200 photos, 2,760 members
- * CARS, CARS, AND MORE CARS!!! (NEW AWARDS) 96,753 photos, 3,660 members
- CARS - السيارات - 車 - Autos - coches - автомоб 489,786 photos, 6,544 members
- (SPUK) Street Photography UK 539 photos, 332 members
- !Night Life 47,665 photos, 3,506 members
- Nouvelle Vague 12,334 photos, 1,339 members
- Sierpes Street, Seville and The World 125,855 photos, 7,490 members
- LONDON seen from a BUS UPPER DECK 1,072 photos, 65 members
- Snowday London 5,527 photos, 471 members
- Dachrinne/Regenrinne/gutter/canal/sarjeta/grondaia 168 photos, 65 members
- Dog Days 137,149 photos, 12,924 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 842,763 photos, 107,533 members
- Somerset 29,364 photos, 1,355 members
- Cotswolds 10,305 photos, 828 members
- Cotswolds landscapes & buildings 395 photos, 36 members
- Cotswold Life - Countryside, Towns, Villages and People 6,109 photos, 390 members
- un-posed.com 1,744 photos, 886 members
- Jewish London 329 photos, 26 members
- Autumn Anywhere 29,603 photos, 2,872 members
- On a Par... with Martin Parr 7,772 photos, 753 members
- Factory Records 1,241 photos, 415 members
"Sven Loach's work as a whole really captures a unique viewpoint of the surrounding world. In particular the representation of Sven's London is quite satirical and political. It gives one the sense of strife and yearning of the city all in a very tongue in cheek way. All this is done with cinematic scenes, radical politics, spontaneous outbursts, all captured with a great sense of color and composition.
Sven Loach''s world is a truly fantastic one filled with wit where I am always on the edge of my seat."
16th May, 2011
- September 2010