I click some photographs and write a bit about Goa. Interested in things Goan, particularly regarding its history, geography, culture, traditions and ancient heritage. Eager to visit the villages, where one finds the rich and beautiful Goa of yester year. Enjoying the FlickR mode since the time I came across it. FlickR provides some of the best photographs on earth.
- SPORTS ACTION 331,207 photos, 23,759 members
- Football 82,737 photos, 3,723 members
- La natura che...Vale 10,575 photos, 1,098 members
- Artists of flickr! 230,121 photos, 7,349 members
- Sketchbook 185,224 photos, 10,240 members
- Goa Best Images 994 photos, 67 members
- travel and social reportage 43,491 photos, 1,721 members
- All Street Photography 297,851 photos, 6,181 members
- FIELD GUIDE: FRUITS of the WORLD 2,533 photos, 92 members
- Typography and Lettering 144,088 photos, 22,142 members
- Stunning Skies 7,230 photos, 451 members
- Your cartoons 9,032 photos, 722 members
- Traditional clothes & bare feet 7,199 photos, 559 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 248,734 photos, 6,760 members
- Food Fashion 5,656 photos, 948 members
- Fotografia Documental / Photo Documentary 16,134 photos, 738 members
- A New Niche 11,863 photos, 541 members
- Gallery of Digital Art 285 photos, 53 members
- Novela Gráfica / Graphic Novel / Visual Narratives 368 photos, 89 members
- Splendid India 3,489 photos, 162 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,530,312 photos, 78,350 members
- Photo Comics 924 photos, 257 members
- India Special 3,448 photos, 478 members
- Chess 9,931 photos, 2,548 members
- Goanet 113 photos, 3 members
- PhotoOfYourDay 11,774 photos, 337 members
- Arches in Architecture 97,313 photos, 4,450 members
- Image Gallery / B&W !!! 150,471 photos, 3,849 members
- Vintage Newspapers 1,101 photos, 258 members
- "Unlimited Photos: No Rules" 1,537,308 photos, 8,756 members
- Earth Hour 1,840 photos, 1,418 members
- Earth Hour 2010 4,001 photos, 1,427 members
- Earth Hour 2009 Global 3,243 photos, 2,690 members
- Architecture of Days Gone By 113,081 photos, 2,967 members
- Architecture Directory 342,563 photos, 16,510 members
- musicisti-musiciens 17,683 photos, 776 members
- beautiful decay. 248,538 photos, 9,610 members
- Flickr Addicts 4,142,218 photos, 67,624 members
- GOA (India) 255 photos, 46 members
- Photographing the life 5,938 photos, 386 members
- Theatre on Photo 11,656 photos, 813 members
- (Acting) The Action of Theatre (Theater) 2,799 photos, 236 members
- Theater and Stage Photography 3,342 photos, 427 members
- Drama Club..ღ 634 photos, 174 members
- Indian-Photography 1,830 photos, 120 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,519,162 photos, 67,821 members
- ••**¨contact • (post 1 Fav 1) 998 photos, 163 members
- Open Eyes - Online Magazine 3,791 photos, 842 members
- The Green Earth Magazine 15,917 photos, 1,289 members
- Tiger Conservation 584 photos, 244 members
"Joel is one of my favourite Goan Flickr friend. Whenever his new pics upload and appear on my contact lists I always like to see them first as they are 99% of Goa's latest and I feel I am home."
6th October, 2009
steve pereira says:
"Joel D'souza.. found Joel for first time when i searching tags from my place Goa.. and the range and variety of his pics are really amazing..be it history..local lifestyle...be it an imp coverage..not forgetting local feasts.. (miss them when i work offshore.. ) one can be sure he is gonna be there covering it..
its not that he jus reports them.. but does so ina nice aesthetic manner...
thanks for your stream and sharing all the pictures with us.. joel..
3rd July, 2009
"Joel, of Joel's Goa's Pics is not just a great photographer, he is a historian detailing the wonderful events that take place in his beloved Goa. Once I knew very little about this wonderful province, but now through his beautiful work, I know a lot. His camera records events from the devotion of the local population, to recording the celebrities and gala occasions of the area. Everything is included, from marriages to funeral rites. His images capture the colour and details of daily life in beautiful Goa!
I owe much to you Joel, my friend and mentor!"
11th May, 2009
"I saw Joel;s pictures of his Goan Province and I got a great cultural education of the people, places and flora and fauna. His eye for culture makes him the perfect representative for his area and country. I hope to see more works of Joel and get a better understanding of that part of the world. Having grown up in the Philippines as a child, I had a lot of uncles from India who worked at the University of the Philippines. So, I do feel a kinship with the Indian people and culture."
23rd September, 2007
f o t o c a f é says:
"If you got to see goan pics and want to know about goan life, its got to be Joel's photo stream. Goa being so close to my heart, I always wander in this stream and its just like being in goa. Joel's pics are very colorful and depict goa in all its beauty....
Be it goan places,beaches, cultural programmes, lifestyle or personalities...you have everything here and the pics are such a treat to see. I wish Joel a lot more success in future and in all his endeavors and wish to see more and more lovely pics from Joel in many many years ahead.
I also hope to meet you one day !!
thanks so much ;p))"
6th August, 2007
- January 2007
- Goa, India
- I am:
- Male and Taken