I dress in the dark and eat only whole grain bread. I carry a cell phone where ever I go, but I keep it turned off to save the battery.
Self imposed discipline: For every new photo posted there must be a "Found" photo and a "Recycle" photo. Slows things down a bit.
Well after two years of that, I see it is beginning to break down. Oh well.
So now I have had to discontinue the Recycle portion of the stream. It was causing too much turmoil in the blogs where some of the pictures are being used. When I move them to the top of the Flickr stack, they disappear where they have been used on a blog.
The “Found Photographs” are now collected in a blog site called “LOST GALLERY”. It features photographs from this stream and some other fine collectors of abandoned photographs. The photographs are categorized by subject for quick reference to individual pages that often feature multiple slide shows so you can rapidly review hundreds of photographs. If you have a moment, give me some tips on how the site works on your screen, the layout and colors, etc.
03/17/2012 update. Okay that did it. Just so you’ll know how I feel, adding one of my photographs to your collection of 148 thousand “favorites” is not a compliment. If you need an explanation of that, you are just not thinking.
Likewise, if you make me one of your "treasured" 800 or 900 contacts it is jus no honor. You simply cannot review several hundred new postings regularly. So I must assume: You Don't.
This is not Facebook.
- What's That Picture? (pre-1945 mysteries) 1,034 photos, 244 members
- Flickr Contact Page Juxtaposition CLOSED - 0 photos, 17 members
- Lost Treasures of Atlantic City 1,571 photos, 66 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 250 photos, 29 members
- Theater Buildings 4,310 photos, 378 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 14,242 photos, 1,061 members
- Movie Theatres 13,697 photos, 617 members
- Ghostsigns 9,511 photos, 658 members
- Itinerant Street Photography 476 photos, 68 members
- Inadvertent Art 435 photos, 67 members
- The Vintage Man 5,823 photos, 313 members
- Photo Trouvée 18,003 photos, 380 members
- We are Cinema 10,002 photos, 211 members
- Vintage In Colour 6,223 photos, 394 members
- Geotagged: Oklahoma 1,518 photos, 109 members
- Vintage Black and White photographs 12,268 photos, 219 members
- Strange Meetings/Encuentros Curiosos (no people, animals...) 4,028 photos, 153 members
- Old Family Pictures With Cars In Them 3,182 photos, 210 members
- Former Theaters 8,949 photos, 547 members
- Funny Signs, Silly Signs, Old Signs and Signs and More signs 3,779 photos, 314 members
- Lockheed Constellation 580 photos, 86 members
- Movie Stills 11,942 photos, 1,132 members
- Anything Movies 31,836 photos, 972 members
- Albumn Covers 5,006 photos, 290 members
- The Daily Post 193,811 photos, 4,078 members
- Things that Make You Go Hmmm 1,538 photos, 96 members
- Vintage Background People 3,859 photos, 377 members
- Style to Make You Smile 9,100 photos, 465 members
- Ghost Signs 24,213 photos, 2,069 members
- S!gns 93,241 photos, 4,991 members
- Great Signs 89,096 photos, 5,301 members
- Vintage Eyes That Speak 2,788 photos, 119 members
- Oklahoma Photographers 44,656 photos, 1,172 members
- Mysterious Vintage Photos 337 photos, 276 members
- IMAGE`S OF BUILDINGS - OLD AND NEW 59,854 photos, 894 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 54,123 photos, 2,257 members
- Vintage Bathing Beauties/Belles - Late 19th Century to 1930's 575 photos, 380 members
- Souvenir Photos (Vintage) 778 photos, 167 members
- Cowboy Outfits 4,446 photos, 749 members
- Sculptures, Statues, and Public Art 187,701 photos, 9,668 members
- A Tribute to the Art of Album Covers 3,558 photos, 210 members
- WWII Bombers 10,568 photos, 732 members
- Vintage Shadow People 779 photos, 161 members
- Retro Beach 3,837 photos, 719 members
- Vintage Musicians 1,404 photos, 193 members
- WW II 32,493 photos, 2,675 members
- Vintage Kids as Cowpokes 387 photos, 223 members
- Rusty Cars 33,433 photos, 3,683 members
- Identity & self portraits 150,928 photos, 11,328 members
- Images of World War Two 7,197 photos, 455 members
"An extraordinary talent,,not just as a photographer, but, as an observer,he sees what we should all see but don't. His sense of humour transgresses sex,colour and religion, he is truly a human microscope...( did that make sense),,,DEL"
24th June, 2008
"Anyjazz65 is a master at looking at the details of old photographs, then pointing out what he sees. He has surprised me once or twice on my own photos, noticing things I should have seen, but didnt' until he mentioned it.
He takes a photograph and weaves a tale into it in such a humorous way that you find yourself caught up in the game, adding to it. Along the same line, he can take a photo and remind you of why it is important to remember the history we all share, and the questions we should be asking while there is still a chance to get some answers from someone who knows.
A master, in my eyes, of the antique photograph. A friend, too :)"
30th May, 2007
- August 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thinks Happen