I dress in the dark and eat only whole grain bread. I carry a cell phone where ever I go, but I keep it turned off to save the battery.
Self imposed discipline: For every new photo posted there must be a "Found" photo and a "Recycle" photo. Slows things down a bit.
Well after two years of that, I see it is beginning to break down. Oh well.
So now I have had to discontinue the Recycle portion of the stream. It was causing too much turmoil in the blogs where some of the pictures are being used. When I move them to the top of the Flickr stack, they disappear where they have been used on a blog.
The “Found Photographs” are now collected in a blog site called “LOST GALLERY”. It features photographs from this stream and some other fine collectors of abandoned photographs. The photographs are categorized by subject for quick reference to individual pages that often feature multiple slide shows so you can rapidly review hundreds of photographs. If you have a moment, give me some tips on how the site works on your screen, the layout and colors, etc.
03/17/2012 update. Okay that did it. Just so you’ll know how I feel, adding one of my photographs to your collection of 148 thousand “favorites” is not a compliment. If you need an explanation of that, you are just not thinking.
Likewise, if you make me one of your "treasured" 800 or 900 contacts it is simply no honor. You simply cannot review several hundred new postings regularly. So I must assume: You Don't.
This is not Facebook.
- Flickr Contact Page Juxtaposition CLOSED - 0 photos, 21 members
- Minox Sub-Miniature 1,303 photos, 145 members
- Lost Treasures of Atlantic City 1,499 photos, 57 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 223 photos, 28 members
- Theater Buildings 3,755 photos, 333 members
- Movie Theaters & Drive Ins 13,520 photos, 1,011 members
- Movie Theatres 13,040 photos, 600 members
- ghostsigns 8,079 photos, 638 members
- Itinerant Street Photography 416 photos, 60 members
- Inadvertent Art 382 photos, 66 members
- The Vintage Man 5,230 photos, 302 members
- Photo Trouvée 15,724 photos, 351 members
- We are Cinema 7,948 photos, 207 members
- Vintage In Colour 5,942 photos, 386 members
- Geotagged: Oklahoma 1,749 photos, 106 members
- Vintage Black and White photographs 10,666 photos, 211 members
- Strange Meetings/Encuentros Curiosos (no people, animals...) 3,616 photos, 149 members
- Old Family Pictures With Cars In Them 2,941 photos, 207 members
- Former Theaters 8,778 photos, 547 members
- Funny Signs, Silly Signs, Old Signs and Signs and More signs 3,433 photos, 310 members
- Lockheed Constellation 534 photos, 77 members
- Movie Stills 11,503 photos, 1,122 members
- Anything Movies 30,543 photos, 952 members
- Albumn Covers 4,487 photos, 284 members
- The Daily Post 181,658 photos, 4,014 members
- FlickrToday (only 1 pic per day) 3,616,720 photos, 101,802 members
- Things that Make You Go Hmmm 1,502 photos, 96 members
- Vintage Background People 3,589 photos, 356 members
- Style to Make You Smile 8,806 photos, 469 members
- Ghost Signs 22,648 photos, 2,011 members
- S!gns 90,886 photos, 4,983 members
- Great Signs 86,366 photos, 5,287 members
- Flickr Hacks 461 photos, 16,395 members
- Vintage Eyes That Speak 2,822 photos, 121 members
- Oklahoma Photographers 41,740 photos, 1,162 members
- Mysterious Vintage Photos 338 photos, 267 members
- IMAGE`S OF BUILDINGS - OLD AND NEW 56,427 photos, 887 members
- Old Buildings & More..... 48,440 photos, 2,115 members
- Vintage Bathing Beauties/Belles - Late 19th Century to 1930's 504 photos, 375 members
- Souvenir Photos (Vintage) 700 photos, 163 members
- Cowboy Outfits 4,315 photos, 743 members
- Sculptures, Statues, and Public Art 176,417 photos, 9,558 members
- A Tribute to the Art of Album Covers 6,745 photos, 210 members
- WWII Bombers 9,735 photos, 706 members
- Vintage Shadow People 766 photos, 151 members
- Retro Beach 3,526 photos, 710 members
- Vintage Musicians 1,299 photos, 180 members
- WW II 30,688 photos, 2,595 members
- Vintage Kids as Cowpokes 381 photos, 224 members
- Rusty Cars 30,955 photos, 3,471 members
"An extraordinary talent,,not just as a photographer, but, as an observer,he sees what we should all see but don't. His sense of humour transgresses sex,colour and religion, he is truly a human microscope...( did that make sense),,,DEL"
24th June, 2008
"Anyjazz65 is a master at looking at the details of old photographs, then pointing out what he sees. He has surprised me once or twice on my own photos, noticing things I should have seen, but didnt' until he mentioned it.
He takes a photograph and weaves a tale into it in such a humorous way that you find yourself caught up in the game, adding to it. Along the same line, he can take a photo and remind you of why it is important to remember the history we all share, and the questions we should be asking while there is still a chance to get some answers from someone who knows.
A master, in my eyes, of the antique photograph. A friend, too :)"
30th May, 2007
- August 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Thinks Happen