Early 50's IT professional, with a passionnate interest in photgraphy, mainly coastal landscapes.
Started in the early 80s with an OM10, then OM1, them OM2N. At that time I was mainly into F1 motorsport. The OM system is still IMHO the best and easiest system I have ever used on any camera every. Front setting for apeture and shutter speed. No trying to remember which nob or wheel to press. So simple, just brilliant system.
Then in about 1988 tried Minolta 9000, didn't like autofocus, wasn't quick enough for motorsport, so begged my OM2N back from my Dad as a swap for the Minolta kit.
Eventually went back to Minolta on 700si, for later years of 35mm film. Realy really good camera. What happend to Olympus, just sad really?
Went digital in 2009, choose Canon 500D, no real viable alternative available in my price range. Then upgraded to a 50D as wanted more robust body and better autofocus. Then finally to full frame in Dec 2012 when the Canon 5D Mark II became a bargain.
Would love to get as good as some of the guys out there with thier stunning landscapes and great tones. Need to practice more.
Born in Edinburgh, lived in Wick and London and finally settled in Eastbourne since 1988.
I would really love any constructive or otherwise feedback on any of my photos. Even it say it is rubbish, but please say why! I really want to learn and you guys are the best critics I can get.
Favorite Pro photographer is David Noton. Simple jaw dropping work.
Canon 5D Mark II + LP-E6 battery grip
Canon EF 17-40mm f4 USM L
Canon EF 70-200mm f.2.8 USM L
Giottos MTL8361B Tripod with Manfrotto 498RC2 Head
Various Lee ND Grads, Pro Glass ND, Big Stopper ... etc
Lowepro Flipside 400AW
PRINTS OF MY WORK
I can arrange for large superb quality prints of any of my work, by professional photo lab (The Vault, Brighton) on quality paper with full archive capability, at cost, plus P+P, plus 10GBP for the photographer (me!). These prints are for personal use only.
For example a A3 print will cost approx 35GBP.
I can also do A4 prints on my home printer at a cost of 10GBP plus P+P.
Please contact me via dave_moyes@hotmail,com with any enquiries.
Photos of JamboEastbourne (3)
- Landscapes Naturally 1,106 photos, 229 members
- HDR 864,067 photos, 88,854 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 100,978 photos, 17,041 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Textured Tuesdays **OPEN** 3,291,858 photos, 94,803 members
- Landscape 814,296 photos, 74,423 members
- FlickrCentral 6,660,916 photos, 196,591 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 590,283 photos, 23,292 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 2,693,302 photos, 136,161 members
- Night Images 909,421 photos, 116,339 members
- ESP Collective "East Sussex Photographers" 539 photos, 39 members
- British Photographers 198,541 photos, 3,162 members
- Peak District National Park 47,604 photos, 2,725 members
- Artistic Photography 2,053,182 photos, 72,054 members
- HDR Unlimited 404,674 photos, 14,959 members
- Flickr Addicts 4,146,313 photos, 67,679 members
- Scotland 387,307 photos, 14,697 members
- The Big Stopper 5,117 photos, 706 members
- Isle of Skye 14,926 photos, 1,759 members
- Landscape photography 567,687 photos, 27,660 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,533,450 photos, 78,377 members
- Black and White Landscapes 35,233 photos, 2,673 members
- B/W Landscapes 15,963 photos, 2,686 members
- HDR goes b/w 5,149 photos, 937 members
- HDR from a single RAW 65,570 photos, 9,238 members
- HDR Churches 12,409 photos, 974 members
- HDR-Imaging 282,886 photos, 19,748 members
- South Downs National Park 3,389 photos, 176 members
- The British Countryside 259,337 photos, 7,073 members
- Friston Forest 107 photos, 12 members
- Lewes Bonfire Night 2011 (Processions) 86 photos, 18 members
- Lewes Bonfire Night 2,514 photos, 191 members
- English Castles 7,947 photos, 849 members
- Kent 63,832 photos, 2,036 members
- dungeness 10,435 photos, 854 members
- Red Arrows 14,798 photos, 1,581 members
- Dorset 51,063 photos, 2,239 members
- Jurassic Coast 6,515 photos, 761 members
- LEE Filters 28,474 photos, 2,653 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 722,508 photos, 100,820 members
- Black and White 5,443,217 photos, 266,277 members
- UK Landscapes, Sea and Country. 179,388 photos, 6,101 members
- This is East Sussex 8,593 photos, 345 members
- Seven Sisters 1,048 photos, 186 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 474,438 photos, 23,659 members
- Englands South Coast 42,537 photos, 1,802 members
- piers, boardwalks & any thing else sea side 134,296 photos, 10,339 members
- London 758,685 photos, 32,675 members
- Languedoc-Roussillon 26,998 photos, 1,020 members
- English Springer Spaniel 12,571 photos, 1,205 members
- Sussex 30,954 photos, 1,256 members
JamboEastbourne doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Dave Moyes
- January 2010
- Eastbourne, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- IT (Oracle DBA)
- dave_moyes [at] hotmail.com