"The mediator between head and hands must be the heart"
- Noctilux F1.0 Photographs 23,698 photos, 2,009 members
- Fuji X-Pro1 54,492 photos, 2,378 members
- Fuji X-Pro 1 & XE-1&2 by Fujifilm 115,925 photos, 5,980 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 66,700 photos, 2,774 members
- Fuji X100 124,464 photos, 8,223 members
- I Shoot Film 2,150,834 photos, 87,871 members
- Wedding Photography 223,088 photos, 45,978 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 312,088 photos, 15,978 members
- Fictitious Reality-47th Exhibition-Richard Brocken 17 photos, 244 members
- Flickr users on INSTAGRAM. 21,846 photos, 965 members
- Fictitious Reality 37 th Exhibition- ericguo06 0 photos, 331 members
- Polarize & LOFI 34,562 photos, 5,730 members
- Strobist.com 587,477 photos, 117,292 members
- be Poladroid ! 84,016 photos, 21,413 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 570 photos, 5,524 members
- Self-Portraits! 482,982 photos, 44,846 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT 189,594 photos, 16,274 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,564 photos, 7,891 members
- "old style" 8,802 photos, 543 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 2,743,090 photos, 46,932 members
- Utata 415,521 photos, 23,975 members
- B&W 3,455,848 photos, 170,027 members
- squareFormat 877,886 photos, 33,550 members
- Sharpness is Such a Bourgeois Concept 1,184 photos, 3,151 members
- poe-scapes 3,953 photos, 424 members
- Das Kabinett (Post One, Comment One) 2,388 photos, 404 members
- The Cult of Click and Clack 2,430 photos, 505 members
- Silentium 39,965 photos, 1,638 members
~ fernando says:
"Although photography is about capturing light, sometimes it is about capturing imagination. Of course, there is the idea that it should be most times, but sadly, not the case, because if it was easy, we would see more of it. One place to come and see it is through the photos that «elevenhearts» presents to us.
It is possible to think that imagination needs a lot of explanation or context, or even have some fancy concept behind it. The hard work is for a photographer to make the concept and context seem familiar, and the explanation then becomes unnecessary. When I look through these photos, it is as if I entered a new world of imagination, made simple for me to understand with black and white tones, and nice use of blur, but then I feel like it is all very familiar. An excellent and most enjoyable contradiction.
The photos take on a mystical patina, but then they are at the same time transparent to very familiar emotions. Ah, emotions; I think that is the key to making the sophisticated photography come alive, and yet so hard to convey its subtleness. However, «elevenhearts» has figured it out in a nice way... and to make it clear in many different styles of presentation is something that leaves me in awe.
One way to measure success is to make a style that is your own, and recognizable. That is the case here, but also be ready for a surprise turn every now and then, and still, now knowing it, claim it as wonderful, then realize that it is yet another manifestation of a vivid, and clear, imagination."
15th October, 2007
ryan schude says:
31st January, 2007
- May 2004
- I am:
- Eleven Hearts Photography
- elevenhrts [at] gmail.com