Some people keep a written journal to document their lives. I have my Flickr page.
I was born and raised in Flint, Michigan, the Vehicle City. I grew up in an environment chock-full of working-class joie de vivre.
Flint was a magical place to grow up, with its myriad factories, racially-diverse (and mostly integrated) population, and vibrant Cultural Center, not to mention being steeped in car-culture. Growing up in Flint undoubtedly shaped my tendency to gravitate toward urban scenes. Even today, it seems there is no place quite like Flint, with regard to people of different backgrounds relating to one another generally pretty seamlessly. The factories may be gone, but Flint's friendly, resilient ethos remains. The whole United States could probably learn some lessons in positive interaction from Flint.
I currently reside in beautiful, historic Chicago, Illinois.
Bill Owens is my main photography hero. I love the way he captures and portrays Americana, and how he finds beauty within seemingly mundane subjects and highlights what's interesting and unique about them.
All images are copyright protected. Do not use without my written consent.
**My Flickr page is dedicated to the loving memory of my late father, who passed away in 2009. While picture-taking wasn't his particular forte, he supported many of my creative endeavors including photography, as well as piano, acting, and writing. (Rest in peace, Dad - I'll see you when I get there.)
My page is also dedicated to my mom, who gave me her old 35mm Konica when I was fifteen. Her doing so was symbolic of passing a torch, as her father, my grandfather, was the original photographer in our family. I draw much inspiration from the everyday things and moments which Grandpa chose to capture with candor from behind the lens.**
13/31/2011 UPDATE: On the last day of 2011, I completed self-publication of "My Beautiful Flint", a photo book of images I have taken in my hometown of Flint, Michigan: www.blurb.com/books/3100609. It was a labor of love and I am very proud of it. You can preview the whole thing.
3/06/2012 UPDATE: Here's a link to my children's book, "All 'Bout Cars": www.blurb.com/books/3048808 . You can preview this one, too.
- Eighth Generation Buick Riviera 45 photos, 7 members
- Only German Cars 40,909 photos, 2,232 members
- Milwaukee & More 2,010 photos, 130 members
- Youngtimers 20,626 photos, 1,284 members
- Selected Cars Only 666 photos, 27 members
- Pontiac Underground 189 photos, 52 members
- The Art of Car Engineering 5,341 photos, 175 members
- General Motors J-Body 357 photos, 78 members
- Abandoned Schools 4,994 photos, 448 members
- Classic American Cars (1925-1975) 34,666 photos, 629 members
- One Bottle 19,886 photos, 4,673 members
- Antique Common Cars 77,741 photos, 447 members
- Vintage Signs of the Midwest (VSOTM) 1,599 photos, 121 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 4,231 photos, 109 members
- Personal Luxury Cars 2,067 photos, 61 members
- Des Moines, Iowa 11,836 photos, 562 members
- Iowa 51,775 photos, 1,675 members
- Land Yachts 13,313 photos, 287 members
- Rusty Cars 34,458 photos, 3,816 members
- 1896 - 1990 Vintage & Classic USA Vehicles 11,740 photos, 144 members
- Look through my Lens 392 photos, 68 members
- Restaurants Pubs and Taverns of the World - Past & Present 2,502 photos, 62 members
- CARTIFACTS 31,351 photos, 790 members
- Chinatown 28,218 photos, 7,080 members
- Classic hotels and motels 796 photos, 83 members
- Cars On The Curb (Pre-1990) 2,829 photos, 104 members
- Classic Cadillac And LaSalle Photos - Nothing newer than 1990 18,628 photos, 1,383 members
- Cadillacs In the rough 2,461 photos, 453 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 74,491 photos, 2,555 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 928,945 photos, 9,868 members
- 1971 - 1976 Buick LeSabre / Centurion / Electra 225 / Estate Wag 2,364 photos, 39 members
- Midwest 91,641 photos, 1,774 members
- Firebirds 2,363 photos, 317 members
- 1971-76 Pontiac Grand Ville, Bonneville, Catalina and Safari 374 photos, 40 members
- Pontiac Grand Prix - 1969-1972 312 photos, 53 members
- Flickr center 29,716 photos, 802 members
- Black and white and only one color 4,165 photos, 961 members
- We ♥ Cars 99,834 photos, 1,469 members
- 1977-79 GM full-size lineup 1,443 photos, 40 members
- City Dusk Moments 2,867 photos, 386 members
- Slammed-Junction 19,203 photos, 235 members
- Chicago by Night 388 photos, 31 members
- Sleepless in Chicago 1,462 photos, 277 members
- Buick's 3rd and 4th generation Rivieras - 1971-73/1974-76 199 photos, 29 members
- Best CARS Portraits 8,844 photos, 425 members
- GM - Everything & Anything General Motors 12,845 photos, 142 members
- Professional Automotive Photography 18,737 photos, 414 members
- Just Street Photography 1,214,796 photos, 39,671 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - 26.000+ great pictures! 27,258 photos, 2,903 members
- Mercury Cars 8,183 photos, 451 members
Flint Foto Factory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joseph Dennis
- August 2009
- Flint, Michigan
- Chicago, Illinois, USA
- I am:
- Insurance Underwriter
- Flint Foto Factory