Some people keep a written journal to document their lives. I have my Flickr page.
I was born and raised in Flint, Michigan, the Vehicle City. I grew up in an environment chock-full of working-class joie de vivre.
Flint was a magical place to grow up, with its myriad factories, racially-diverse (and mostly integrated) population, and vibrant Cultural Center, not to mention being steeped in car-culture. Growing up in Flint undoubtedly shaped my tendency to gravitate toward urban scenes. Even today, it seems there is no place quite like Flint, with regard to people of different backgrounds relating to one another generally pretty seamlessly. The factories may be gone, but Flint's friendly, resilient ethos remains. The whole United States could probably learn some lessons in positive interaction from Flint.
I currently reside in beautiful, historic Chicago, Illinois.
Bill Owens is my main photography hero. I love the way he captures and portrays Americana, and how he finds beauty within seemingly mundane subjects and highlights what's interesting and unique about them.
All images are copyright protected. Do not use without my written consent.
**My Flickr page is dedicated to the loving memory of my late father, who passed away in 2009. While picture-taking wasn't his particular forte, he supported many of my creative endeavors including photography, as well as piano, acting, and writing. (Rest in peace, Dad - I'll see you when I get there.)
My page is also dedicated to my mom, who gave me her old 35mm Konica when I was fifteen. Her doing so was symbolic of passing a torch, as her father, my grandfather, was the original photographer in our family. I draw much inspiration from the everyday things and moments which Grandpa chose to capture from behind the lens.**
13/31/2011 UPDATE: On the last day of 2011, I completed self-publication of "My Beautiful Flint", a photo book of images I have taken in my hometown of Flint, Michigan: www.blurb.com/books/3100609. It was a labor of love and I am very proud of it. You can preview the whole thing.
3/06/2012 UPDATE: Here's a link to my children's book, "All 'Bout Cars": www.blurb.com/books/3048808 . You can preview this one, too.
- Eighth Generation Buick Riviera 35 photos, 6 members
- Only German Cars 29,322 photos, 2,008 members
- Milwaukee & More 1,978 photos, 131 members
- Youngtimers 16,454 photos, 1,282 members
- Selected Cars Only 511 photos, 27 members
- Pontiac Underground 182 photos, 52 members
- The Art of Car Engineering 4,839 photos, 167 members
- General Motors J-Body 372 photos, 78 members
- Abandoned Schools 4,904 photos, 435 members
- Classic American Cars (1925-1975) - Nov/Dec Photo Comps 32,577 photos, 615 members
- One Bottle 19,127 photos, 4,587 members
- Antique Common Cars 74,143 photos, 444 members
- Vintage Signs of the Midwest (VSOTM) 1,460 photos, 114 members
- Inspired by David Plowden 3,990 photos, 105 members
- Personal Luxury Cars 1,640 photos, 56 members
- Des Moines, Iowa 11,515 photos, 559 members
- Iowa 50,313 photos, 1,664 members
- Land Yachts 12,644 photos, 282 members
- Rusty Cars 33,482 photos, 3,686 members
- 1896 - 1990 Vintage & Classic USA Vehicles 10,067 photos, 142 members
- Look through my Lens 339 photos, 66 members
- Restaurants Pubs and Taverns of the World - Past & Present 2,359 photos, 61 members
- CARTIFACTS 29,774 photos, 769 members
- Chinatown 28,418 photos, 6,472 members
- Classic hotels and motels 776 photos, 82 members
- Cars On The Curb (Pre-1990) 2,477 photos, 100 members
- Classic Cadillac And LaSalle Photos - Nothing newer than 1990 18,156 photos, 1,371 members
- Cadillacs In the rough 2,769 photos, 447 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 66,722 photos, 2,561 members
- 1,000,000 Car Photos 892,043 photos, 9,664 members
- 1971 - 1976 Buick LeSabre / Centurion / Electra 225 / Estate Wag 2,114 photos, 37 members
- Midwest 89,139 photos, 1,754 members
- Firebirds 2,333 photos, 307 members
- 1971-76 Pontiac Grand Ville, Bonneville, Catalina and Safari 369 photos, 40 members
- Pontiac Grand Prix - 1969-1972 312 photos, 51 members
- Flickr center 23,963 photos, 749 members
- Black and white and only one color 3,909 photos, 931 members
- We ♥ Cars 86,822 photos, 1,420 members
- 1977-79 GM full-size lineup 1,373 photos, 37 members
- City Dusk Moments 2,465 photos, 331 members
- Slammed-Junction 16,723 photos, 211 members
- Chicago by Night 352 photos, 29 members
- Sleepless in Chicago 1,445 photos, 275 members
- Buick's 3rd and 4th generation Rivieras - 1971-73/1974-76 199 photos, 28 members
- Best CARS Portraits 8,303 photos, 420 members
- GM - Everything & Anything General Motors 13,032 photos, 137 members
- Professional Automotive Photography 17,265 photos, 384 members
- Just Street Photography 1,146,182 photos, 38,413 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - 26.000+ great pictures! 25,586 photos, 2,811 members
- Mercury Cars 7,866 photos, 443 members
Flint Foto Factory doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Joseph Dennis
- August 2009
- Flint, Michigan
- Chicago, Illinois, USA
- I am:
- Insurance Underwriter
- Flint Foto Factory