My Instagram Account
"I’m not going crazy. I’m going sane in a crazy world!"
I'll photograph anything that's interesting but my passion is street photography. I live in Oregon and the city of Portland is my playground.
Portland Streets: portlandstreets.tumblr.com/
Digital Photo Secrets
The Huffington Post
New York Daily News
School of Digital Photography
Digital Photo Secrets
Lowy Institute For Internal Policy
Discover Digital Photography
Digital Photography School
Discover Digital Photography
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 148,961 photos, 7,635 members
- europatlasp2e 587 photos, 91 members
- europatlasp3 314 photos, 53 members
- EuropAtlas 1,389 photos, 210 members
- FUEL MAGAZINE : The Power of Arts 3,903 photos, 257 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,834 members
- Yahoo! Travel 26,125 photos, 1,096 members
- Project Weather 141,961 photos, 36,817 members
- Northeast Portland 2,871 photos, 189 members
- Tumblr photographers 104,169 photos, 4,129 members
- Best of Cats (Invited Photos only) 63,756 photos, 19,616 members
- The Photography Blog 9,651 photos, 708 members
- Candid & Street Photography 929,573 photos, 24,628 members
- The Inspiration Group -P2=A5 NO PEOPLE PHTOS 32,134 photos, 1,295 members
- AreKev's `Not Another Flickr Group 11,266 photos, 525 members
- Portland bike culture 6,430 photos, 512 members
- Voodoo Doughnuts 16 photos, 14 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 26,676 photos, 4,245 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 187,337 photos, 6,194 members
- The Human Element 28,964 photos, 1,241 members
- Flickr Talent 2,811 photos, 174 members
- Dog Expressions 292,219 photos, 28,524 members
- Folk Scene Photography Group 1,526 photos, 134 members
- Folk Music 16,654 photos, 1,677 members
- Downtown Portland 872 photos, 29 members
- Vivian Maiers style 23,726 photos, 649 members
- Rose Festival Carnival 236 photos, 34 members
- Global Photojournalism 388,745 photos, 22,558 members
- Hasta los mismísimos de poner comments...P 3 C 0 ;-)) 21,225 photos, 296 members
- in Downtown Portland 696 photos, 37 members
- NPR Picture Show 133,735 photos, 5,965 members
- 1 Quadrillion Pix 165,350 photos, 133 members
- SONIAGALLERY◕‿◕CHALLENGE-SFIDE 2,532 photos, 3,167 members
- fuck yeah portland! submissions 1,489 photos, 99 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 335,665 photos, 23,148 members
- ♥ Nature Treasures ♥ 5,356 photos, 478 members
- Administration Exquisite ( Level 1 ) 33,970 photos, 2,792 members
- Portland 30,008 photos, 977 members
- Portland Fountains, Bubblers, and More 126 photos, 42 members
- Portland or Portland??? 4,618 photos, 298 members
- Signs Of Portland 227 photos, 18 members
- Just Street Photography 1,210,551 photos, 39,608 members
- Oregon 130,072 photos, 4,188 members
- Portlandia 2,567 photos, 89 members
- That's so Portland... 1,280 photos, 335 members
- LoveBikeღ 5,231 photos, 632 members
- Character Studies 23,791 photos, 811 members
- EarthSky: A Clear Voice for Science 5,410 photos, 530 members
- Human in Geometry 46,915 photos, 3,540 members
- Keep Portland Wired 1,147 photos, 68 members
Sonora Guy says:
"If there is one person's photography I want to see every day, it would be Kurt's. Probably because he is never, ever boring. Or maybe because he's really, really good. Or both. And I'd hate to lose him as a contact. In fact, if Kurt and I and a bunch of other people were adrift in a lifeboat, he'd be the last one I'd want to eat."
7th March, 2012
Blanchi.© Off..!!! says:
"I hate ... hate ... write testimonials .. because ... we all know that what is written is written ... ...;-)
So.... I'll just say ... I really love your photos .. they are truly amazing and unique ...
You're the only photographer around flickr ... which as I open my page ... go running to see what Kurt posted ....!!!!!!!!!!
Always ... always pleasantly surprised me .. and I'm grateful for it ...
Thanks for being there ... .. and please do not take too much vacation ... I get bored ....
To my Portland artist ...from your spanish friend...;-)
P.S.. and you know...sorry for my bad english..."
12th April, 2011
SF knitter says:
"Kurt is the Dude...his photostream is chock full of variety. Not only does he have lovely landscapes, beautiful macros, interesting abstracts but some of the most fun candids around. He has a great eye for seeing the weird, wacky, and beautiful things in life. Above all, he is a great friend and a great host! Always ready to give constructive feedback, he's funny and kind. Plus, he thinks my dog is cute.
You rock, Duuuuude!"
24th March, 2010
Mister Blur says:
"A person who lives in or comes from Seattle, Washington, USA is called a Seattleite. In the long list that appears on Wikipedia of famous people from Seattle, we should add Ian Sane, THE DUDE. One of my first flickr contacts, he is my spiritual guide through this image labyrinth. He is a master of DOF, of candid images, of blackandwhite. Looking into his profile, I have found an extroardinary quote, which I would like to reproduce: "The ultimate goal of a photographer is to make an ordinary scene extraordinary. This is what I try to do with every photo. To make interesting the things we consider boring. Objects and places we walk by everyday without even giving a single thought or glance. My hope is you will consider one, or more, of my pictures extraordinary."
it seems you have made it, dear Kurt. Every image that it is found through your stream is an amazing story, a fantastic piece of life which reminds us of the beautiful ground in which we are standing for a momentary lapse of time."
15th March, 2010
""What can you say about a friend and a fellow photographer, musician, and poet, he is a wonderful talent.
His compositions are things of beauty and his natural ability to see the world through rare eyes is a gift from above.
Take a journey through his stream and you will see that he misses not and always reaps the most delightful and thoughtful image for the moment.
His composition and use of light is something many other Flickr photographers could learn from. A true artist and I am happy to have Kurt as a close contact here on Flickr.""
8th March, 2010
"I started following Kurt's posts about 6 months ago starting with "city transport" which I had discovered on the explore front page. www.flickr.com/ph.... Kurt has been very responsive as a contact often mixing humor with his feedback. His photostream is diversified with such variety that it’s always a must see post each day to find out what he has been up to - always creative quality and a learning experience to study. Kurt’s photography and valuable feedback has been inspirational to my work and is much appreciated. He is one of several contacts on my stream that strives to offer well thought out feedback as to why a photo has possibilities and his style of daily posting has been motivational for me to do the same and to always keep shooting. Kurt (duude!), thanks for posting all this excellent photography and being a great contact. cheers hiker"
18th January, 2010
chhayapath :-) says:
"Its been quite a long time I've met Kurt,
and since then I am a fan of his photography.
I just love his compositions, they are very unique and classy!
Thanks Kurt for being such a supportive and
I wish you all the happiness in life.
And keep clicking :)
27th August, 2009
Daniela Duncan says:
"Kurt is such a talented, versatile photographer! His photostream is incredibly varied: unexpected points of view, breathtaking landscapes, gorgeous macros, outstanding night captures, very cool candid shots, striking abstracts, excellent portraits ~ he can capture anything so well! His pictures are brilliantly composed. I truly enjoy his work and I so appreciate Kurt as a friend on Flickr. Kurt takes the time to really view your work and he writes pertinent, substantial and knowledgeable comments. And last, but not least, there’s that delightful, witty sense of humor that I adore. He always makes me smile ~ and often makes me laugh. It’s a privilege and a joy to be his contact."
19th August, 2009
Hermio Black says:
"With his canon-mind
Just begins to shine
Everything he finds
With his canon-eyes
He searches more & more
For something to explore..."
19th July, 2009
"I still don't believe that Kurt has been taking photographs for less than a year. His work is amazing! He has such natural talent that I, like many others, truly envy. His stream is one of the first that I check every morning and is peppered with a multitude of subjects that I find fascinating. I receive much inspiration from his work and hope to achieve half his talent before I leave this earth."
1st July, 2009
"It's truly hard to believe that Kurt started photography so recently. His true talents behind the camera are masterful, not to mention in front of the camera with his classic self-portraits. I'm not sure how I came across his photos, but I'm sure glad I did. His humor and friendliness are outright and his photography is inspiring. I now consider him a close flickr friend, as many have as well, it's not hard once you get to know him. He's a good man, with a natural eye for photography. I urge you to look at all his shots, sublime visual enjoyment for all! =)"
14th May, 2009
"I was first introduced to the craziness that is Ian Sane when a mutual contact tagged us both to write 16 things about ourselves. After I discovered from reading his list that he has a cat named Can-Opener, I immediately clicked “add as a contact”. He has quickly become one of my FAVORITE flickrites, and he continues to impress me with his works of art.
He also gets my sense of humor.
And he likes to banter.
Not only is he a fantastic photographer, he’s also a writer and a POET! So, to commemorate this, I have decided as part of this testimonial to write a little poem.
I pen it,
An Ode to Kurt:
Kurt is a poet.
And boy does he know it.
He takes a great photo
And listens to Toto
He likes the alluring angle
And things that dangle
He writes good comments
And spins pretty sonnets
He is the King of Pathways
And can hike them for days
He lives in the Pacific Northwest
And he captures it the best
He’s like a big brother
As if I need another
Kurt is so damn cool
If you ignore him you’re a fool!
Oh, and he runs funny.
And he drops f-bombs a lot.
And last, but definitely not least, he’s a goober.
20th April, 2009
"This is the first testimonial I have written on flickr and I just want to say that Ian takes a lot of time to comment on new posts. While this is not required it is a big help. I am new to this and cannot wait to understand more about editing....photoshop etc.
17th April, 2009
"Ian Sane is an exceptional photographer. He sees things in such a unique way and always brings a fantastic capture to the flickr table. From stunning landscapes and waterfalls to jaw-dropping perspectives. His photostream is packed with breath-taking images. I always look forward to his sense of humour and constructive comments, and it is an honour to call him a great contact and dear friend."
10th April, 2009
Early Cat says:
"Ian Sane is a great Flickr friend and I'm glad to have discovered his photostream. He has a wonderfully creative perspective on life, which shows not only in his excellent photographic work, but also in his writings. I have enjoyed both very much. I really value his comments too - he always pays great attention to my photos and his comments are very sincere as a result. Then there is the humour........ thanks for the smiles and laughs! :o)"
25th March, 2009
"hey Ian, i guess ill be the first to write you a testimonial, just thought it would be a nice way to thank you for always commenting my pictures and being so nice to me, since day one when i actually started taking flickr more seriously you were there to welcome me. a bigggg THANK YOU!
you have a great eye and an amazing talent with that photoshop!"
18th February, 2009
- October 2008
- Oregon, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Conversation
- My Facebook Page
- kurt [at] gervais.com