Great, wonderful, amazing, fun...........haha! I am a beginner at photography, but have been having a lot of fun at it. I don't get to take pictures as often as I want to, but that is what keeps it fun :) . Since getting into photography, my favorite things are nature and urban exploring. I also just like to look around my surroundings as you never know what you are going to find!
Please do not make me a contact if you do not "share". I enjoy looking at the amazing work on Flickr and if you make me a contact, I will view/comment/fave accordingly. I am not a professional and enjoy taking pictures and posting for fun, so I expect the same courtesy. If you make me a contact and fave a shot and then I comment/fave/view your stream for months and months without another word or view from you, then I will delete you. That is only fair if I continuously comment/view/fave on your stream!
That sounds harsh and a little conceited, but I am just as busy as everyone else and don't have the time to always comment, but a one sided contact to me is not a contact at all. We all like our pictures viewed and commented on. Sharing is one of the main goals of Flickr and if you don't share, it isn't worthwhile. Just my humble opinion. Also if you never fave a photo of mine, don't expect one in return :)
visited 17 states (34%)<a
- Befremdliche Landschaft / Strange Terrain 599 photos, 203 members
- Rails to Trails 3,577 photos, 240 members
- Bench Monday (anything bench-like) 4,590 photos, 684 members
- Vintage Signs of the Midwest (VSOTM) 1,457 photos, 114 members
- ''''★'''' Photography & Photoshop''''★'''' 6,729 photos, 439 members
- SPEXS 3,568 photos, 117 members
- Sun Oil Company 65 photos, 40 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 333,566 photos, 27,424 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,499 photos, 271 members
- Brush Park, Detroit 2,167 photos, 81 members
- Mr. Johnson's Urban Exploration 1,115 photos, 48 members
- International CONTEST group 18,679 photos, 1,367 members
- I Love Old Schools! 8,425 photos, 572 members
- Auseinander gelebt / Drifted Apart 869 photos, 90 members
- *Beppe's Wonderful World of Black and White Photography Group!* 19,213 photos, 633 members
- Resorting to the past - Recurriendo al Pasado 463 photos, 32 members
- BestOfDetroit 2,938 photos, 99 members
- Entrance to Hell 3,461 photos, 12,905 members
- re:focus Michigan 202 photos, 48 members
- Octagon Houses (and other curious buildings) 481 photos, 100 members
- Michigan Central Detroit 551 photos, 52 members
- Water Tower 3,987 photos, 410 members
- MY FLICKR FAV's (Invite a Friends Photo) P1/C2 86,276 photos, 4,170 members
- Purely Michigan 10,281 photos, 214 members
- A Brighter Detroit 2,374 photos, 132 members
- Barns 43,462 photos, 4,648 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 47,449 photos, 2,998 members
- Photowalks Detroit 1,902 photos, 68 members
- Detroit Packard Plant Ruins 543 photos, 57 members
- Best of Abandoned/Post 1-Award 2 3,301 photos, 346 members
- Friends of Friends -UE 1,218 photos, 48 members
- UrbEx Detroit 4,294 photos, 218 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE). 22,788 photos, 1,054 members
- Black and White 5,426,524 photos, 265,621 members
- Skies of Blue 14,386 photos, 1,874 members
- Authentic Urbanity 359 photos, 35 members
- I Love Abandonment! - NO people shots! 100,903 photos, 3,668 members
- Rochester, Michigan 964 photos, 53 members
- Sign-osure (Post 1; Comment 1) 10,337 photos, 188 members
- Faux Vintage Photos 5,465 photos, 375 members
- Detroit, I Love You 4,526 photos, 182 members
- Ghost Signs 24,204 photos, 2,069 members
- I see a sign 25,817 photos, 710 members
- Lighthouses of the World 65,197 photos, 10,602 members
- Michigan Lighthouses (3/day) 6,954 photos, 868 members
- Historic One-Room Schoolhouses of America 2,141 photos, 302 members
- We want Flickr with a DARK BACKGROUND!! (NOT PHOTO) 8 photos, 11,749 members
- Tracks without trains 9,901 photos, 1,330 members
- Churches - Please read the rules before posting 145,719 photos, 12,253 members
- Oakland-Macomb Photographers (Only 3 per day, OK?) 9,835 photos, 184 members
Antonio Cravarezza says:
"Scott takes the pictures I'd like to take....enough said."
6th January, 2013
"I've followed Scott's photography for some time now and I think he's one of the best photographers out there! Scott's passion for the city of Detroit & its residents & sights are captured with photographic flare, always done in outstanding ways of documenting the city he loves. Scott's also excellent at taking photo's of Detroit's grittier side, on top of all this, he is a true Flickr friend & a loyal contact! .... keep up the great photography, Scott! .... Greg Stacey"
14th October, 2012
"I always enjoy peeking at Scott's work. Detroit is one the most beautiful cities in America because of its fast-forward, apocalyptic, grungy personality. Scott captures these images through a simple lens but really captures the heart of this great city."
17th March, 2012
"Scott's work is: interesting, creative and always informative. He is among the very best here at Flickr. His work would make a great coffee table book on Detroit; as it was; as it is."
2nd April, 2012
"Scott combines his keen eye and skill of photography with his passion
and knowledge of the area and its history. You are never left
wondering where a particular architecture shot was captured as Scott
takes the time to detail his own story or experience behind the
photograph. Not only are the foundations of his images exceptionally chosen but
the processing he does on them afterward brings out unique details and establishes
Excellent photographs, Scott!"
22nd September, 2011
IMAGEN DETROIT says:
"SCOTTS WORLD is the truest form of flickr member there is out there!!
He is an active Detroit photographer, exploring the history of yesteryear as he captures the remians of Detroit's great ruins and our city's noteable gems. He's also is a great flickr comrade! Actively commenting and seeking out his contacts new work out there. You can count on him to know all about what going on in photography here in Detroit and in his corner of the flickr world!!
I wanted to write a fancy-pants testimonial, but this pretty much sums it up!!"
8th April, 2011
wards work says:
"scotts shows us the deterMination that we
need, he's really been encouraging, kind & supportive."
11th March, 2011
"Scott's passion for photography is amazing. He is in the same place I was 2 years ago, eager to get out and shoot as much as you can, learn different techniques , research the history, and present the complete package here on his page. Except he never gets tired and has 10 times the energy I have! All that with a broken foot ( good lord, when it heals completely I'll never keep up with him ) . He loves all music without regard to genre, and brings that same diversity to his photography. He'll look at ANYTHING to see if it will make a good picture ( including things I wouldn't have thought of ) and regardless of whether it is train tracks that go nowhere or a broken tombstone, or even a few letters of a sign, he'll take a picture that is just downright COOL. He and I both share a love of history, and the topics on his page are well researched and documented, something I ( and I know a lot of others do as well ) absolutely love. Take some time and look through his page, I guarantee you'll be entertained by the variety of topics here and the enthusiasm Scott has for taking pictures of them. He's been my best friend for the last 20 years, luckily I haven't rubbed off on him too much. :)
So stop reading this and go and look at his cool pictures already!"
29th June, 2009
- Scott Laidlaw
- September 2008
- Ortonville, MI
- Orion Twnshp, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single