If you're coming to my photo stream for the first time, I find flickriver is a good place to start. Or check out my 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008 sets.
Please note that my work is © Andy Marfia ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. If you'd like to license one of my photographs or purchase a print, please contact me at Andy.Marfia@gmail.com.
I've been on flickr since 2005. I like photos with a strong sense of composition, color and tone, that tell something interesting about the world (mostly urban) that I inhabit. I'm not here to collect the most contacts or get the most photos in explore, rather just to be inspired and improve as a photographer. All comments, constructive criticism, wry humor, anecdotes about your cat, etc, are welcome and encouraged.
I've had some photos appear elsewhere: Chicago Magazine, Chicago Reader, Gapers Block, WBEZ, and a few other places. One of my photos was voted the #1 photo of 2006 by Chicagoist.com.
I shoot primarily with Nikon DSLRs and an assortment of lenses. I use Photoshop CS6 and DXO Optics Pro for minor editing. Before digital, I shot mostly with Olympus OM cameras.
- Chicago theater buildings 217 photos, 35 members
- Turrets, Towers, and Cupolas in the U.S. 328 photos, 40 members
- Chicago Public School Buildings 136 photos, 27 members
- Nikon D7100 DSLR 53,234 photos, 3,515 members
- Stop! Hammer Time! 76 photos, 72 members
- WellTaken 59,955 photos, 6,605 members
- DxO users 13,661 photos, 698 members
- DxO Film Pack 3,302 photos, 218 members
- Look through my Lens 392 photos, 68 members
- Sony RX 9,053 photos, 229 members
- Art Institute of Chicago 3,395 photos, 349 members
- Chicago Air & Water Show 1,961 photos, 129 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX 81,020 photos, 3,024 members
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100/ RX100 II 63,101 photos, 4,251 members
- Flickr Favorites (Post One, Pick One Favorite) 30,033 photos, 921 members
- Fluidr 25,694 photos, 776 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 336,897 photos, 23,198 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,795,169 photos, 80,970 members
- Banned From a Flickr Group 8 photos, 7 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 167,503 photos, 12,378 members
- Streetsblog Chicago 2,434 photos, 127 members
- Nikon D7000 Low Light High ISO Photography 9,095 photos, 1,422 members
- Buoyant - Buoy Images 29,267 photos, 3,158 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,618 photos, 14,515 members
- Occupy Chicago 1,812 photos, 46 members
- Open House Chicago 741 photos, 59 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 273,672 photos, 15,114 members
- 105mm 16,992 photos, 942 members
- Nikon AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED 17,309 photos, 1,330 members
- Architect - Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig 3,405 photos, 758 members
- Chicago, Chicago 735 photos, 101 members
- Toronto 142,491 photos, 9,329 members
- From the Airplane Window 18,994 photos, 3,240 members
- Candid And Street 9,457 photos, 357 members
- Candid & Street Photography 932,689 photos, 24,672 members
- Printers Row Lit Fest 201 photos, 21 members
- Historic Preservation 43,968 photos, 1,067 members
- Fenced Friday 35,580 photos, 2,610 members
- Urban Alt 27,123 photos, 1,171 members
- all but one 12,911 photos, 1,582 members
- Winter Wonderland 235,986 photos, 22,187 members
- Ilford HP5 Plus 30,414 photos, 2,823 members
- SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera) 165,925 photos, 8,021 members
- pSOOC - PRACTICALLY Straight Out Of Camera 2,895 photos, 182 members
- South Loop Chicago 438 photos, 22 members
- Lincoln Park Zoo 1,725 photos, 139 members
- Empty Seats 48,240 photos, 13,747 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,811 photos, 22,992 members
- Great Recession 8,464 photos, 343 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 508,321 photos, 24,512 members
"There is no Andy, there is only ZULE."
22nd September, 2008
"I think Andy is a true craftsman. In looking at his portfolio, I have especially noticed consistent focusing issues and hasty composition. You would almost think that he is working with dilapidated equipment or at least with lenses not matched for his camera body. As far as post-processing goes, his Photoshopping is beyond reproach. From deep drop shadows to garish photo frames, his lack of subtlety even distracts you from the underlying technical faults of each photo.
Have a look. You'll find his photos to be godawful, and since he regularly uploads new shots, you'll occasionally want to come back to gawk at his shabby work."
3rd January, 2008
- Andy Marfia
- September 2005
- Chicago, USA