I’ve met some wonderful people on Flickr and been inspired by the vast diversity of art. The thing I like best about Flickr is the culture of civility and wonder. Most people on Flickr are nice to one another and appreciate the wonder of life.
Please feel free to offer advice or criticism on my images, captions, opinions or anything else. And by the way, the opinions expressed (or perceived) do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but me.
Most of my work on Flickr is published under the Creative Commons Attribution "CC BY" license. These images may be copied, distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon with in the bounds of the license. If you use my pictures, I respectfully request attribution.
The Creative Commons license does not imply or grant a talent or model release.
Do not use my images for hate speech of any kind. I herby revoke the Creative Commons license for any of my images used to degrade, demean or insult any person, group of people, ethnicity, race, creed, nationality or faith.
The pictures I've taken in my official duties as an employee of the U. S. Government are in the public domain, but certain uses are limited. According to Federal law, "DoD imagery will not portray, implicate or otherwise imply endorsement by the Department of Defense for any commercial product or service." These images may be freely republished for artistic, documentary, educational, commentary and editorial uses.
- Burmese cats 4,666 photos, 403 members
- 100 Bicycles 900 photos, 239 members
- - More pictures of buildings and cars 7 photos, 1 member
- bay area renaissance festival 48 photos, 11 members
- Democratic Forest 47,863 photos, 1,056 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 23,678 photos, 1,367 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 18,125 photos, 1,224 members
- 2013/365photos 107,690 photos, 1,008 members
- Asking questions 105 photos, 178 members
- Sliders Sunday -- Altering reality, one pixel at a time! 21,817 photos, 1,389 members
- Veterans and Veterans Day 6,246 photos, 355 members
- Scientist Photographers 14,372 photos, 3,106 members
- sCieNce GoNe bAd FoR goOd 1,072 photos, 145 members
- Canon Powershot G15 3,464 photos, 463 members
- Writing Machines 4,553 photos, 5,003 members
- Vintage Advertising 86,773 photos, 7,133 members
- Tell a story in 5 frames (Visual story telling) 199 photos, 12,585 members
- Nifty Thrift 50,573 photos, 3,963 members
- Pretty Pictures of Ugly Things 46,104 photos, 3,445 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 204,435 photos, 11,007 members
- 12-12-2012 395 photos, 399 members
- inside the car wash 155 photos, 91 members
- Sacramento Aviation 1,218 photos, 61 members
- Brass Under Foot 354 photos, 57 members
- CARTIFACTS 24,111 photos, 723 members
- Eight Days a Week! 2,662 photos, 94 members
- Cliche Saturday:is it spring yet? 11,707 photos, 938 members
- Owls of North America 6,318 photos, 860 members
- Meet me at the Fair 21,434 photos, 2,503 members
- Canon 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM 1,621 photos, 200 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,659 photos, 1,960 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 6,432 photos, 558 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 30,678 photos, 1,832 members
- one-twenty-six. 1,362 photos, 150 members
- vintage kodak 9,956 photos, 1,084 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,561 photos, 968 members
- Pineapple Delight 593 photos, 146 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 23,994 photos, 1,818 members
- Make it Interesting Challenge Group 4,430 photos, 711 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 145,231 photos, 13,040 members
- Cult of Mac 26,719 photos, 5,448 members
- Sports Illustrated 103,176 photos, 3,701 members
- Pirate Girls 847 photos, 190 members
- Empty chairs in empty places 1,928 photos, 184 members
- Bechtle Homage 61 photos, 20 members
- Crocker Art Museum 362 photos, 36 members
- So Intergalactic! 17,078 photos, 1,542 members
- Ford! 63,303 photos, 2,292 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 112,714 photos, 9,703 members
- Apple 58,175 photos, 12,331 members
HelenHates Peas says:
"I found Bob at the beginning of the year after searching on flickr for random words to see what they generated. The word that led me to Bob was 'Snowglobe' and delivered this image:
After pausing to digest the humour in his self portrait, I browsed his stream, and it has now become part of the daily routine for me. Never dull, and always a real-life window into life in Sacramento interspersed now and again with the more surreal 'Bobs Dreams' series.
Life is a key theme in Bobs stream, the images are as he found them, a snapshot of his day, usually backed up with a statement or explaination in the description to give some sort of background to the image.
On a personal note, I find Bob to be incredibly humble about his own work and yet incredibly complimentary about everyone else, I trust his judgement and his wisdom. His advise is always spot on.
Its finding people like Bob that make places like Flickr just that little bit more exciting :)"
8th May, 2010
"Robert Couse-Baker has the sensibilities of Mr. America while maintaining the dry wit of Monty Python's Flying Circus. His photographs capture a world that few of us see although it is right before our eyes every day, and the "Bob's Dream" and other photomanipulations are true Art (with a capital "A")."
13th August, 2009
"I'm actually surprised that there aren't thousands, okay, dozens, of testimonials about Bob. He is obviously an incredibly talented photographer, with a really funny sense of humor. He adores his family and is very, very good at his job. And that doesn't even cover it. He is a primo human being."
19th February, 2009
- . .
- August 2008
- San Francisco
- Sacramento, California
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Military public affairs officer