I’ve met some wonderful people on Flickr and been inspired by the vast diversity of art. The thing I like best about Flickr is the culture of civility and wonder. Most people on Flickr are nice to one another and appreciate the wonder of life.
Please feel free to offer advice or criticism on my images, captions, opinions or anything else. And by the way, the opinions expressed (or perceived) do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but me.
Most of my work on Flickr is published under the Creative Commons Attribution "CC BY" license. These images may be copied, distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon with in the bounds of the license. If you use my pictures, I respectfully request attribution.
The Creative Commons license does not imply or grant a talent or model release.
Do not use my images for hate speech of any kind. I herby revoke the Creative Commons license for any of my images used to degrade, demean or insult any person, group of people, ethnicity, race, creed, nationality or faith.
The pictures I've taken in my official duties as an employee of the U. S. Government are in the public domain, but certain uses are limited. According to Federal law, "DoD imagery will not portray, implicate or otherwise imply endorsement by the Department of Defense for any commercial product or service." These images may be freely republished for artistic, documentary, educational, commentary and editorial uses.
- 365: The 2014 Edition 11,054 photos, 272 members
- "Rear" & "All Wheel Drive" cars, trucks, off roaders 8,398 photos, 99 members
- Classic Vintage Cycles 5,860 photos, 1,878 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 50,922 photos, 4,617 members
- The Point Reyes Abandoned Boat 134 photos, 82 members
- Mordus de photos Monochrome 231,903 photos, 5,858 members
- Cats in Plain Brown Wrappers 1,804 photos, 56 members
- Burmese cats 4,944 photos, 415 members
- 100 Bicycles 1,593 photos, 348 members
- bay area renaissance festival 48 photos, 15 members
- Democratic Forest 54,927 photos, 1,132 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 27,396 photos, 1,482 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 21,293 photos, 1,299 members
- Asking questions 112 photos, 176 members
- Sliders Sunday -- Altering reality, one pixel at a time! 27,184 photos, 1,536 members
- Veterans and Veterans Day 7,240 photos, 370 members
- Scientist Photographers 15,572 photos, 3,161 members
- sCieNce GoNe bAd FoR goOd 1,166 photos, 178 members
- Canon Powershot G15 9,514 photos, 960 members
- Writing Machines 4,801 photos, 6,835 members
- Vintage Advertising 101,383 photos, 7,281 members
- Tell a story in 5 frames (Visual story telling) 190 photos, 12,700 members
- Nifty Thrift 52,654 photos, 3,945 members
- Pretty Pictures of Ugly Things 49,042 photos, 3,520 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 245,060 photos, 15,579 members
- 12-12-2012 390 photos, 370 members
- inside the car wash 169 photos, 91 members
- Sacramento Aviation 1,256 photos, 69 members
- Brass Under Foot 362 photos, 59 members
- CARTIFACTS 31,222 photos, 789 members
- Eight Days a Week! 4,344 photos, 102 members
- Cliche Saturday:In the heat of the night 12,597 photos, 937 members
- Owls of North America 7,898 photos, 1,084 members
- Meet me at the Fair 22,658 photos, 2,581 members
- Canon 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM 3,322 photos, 332 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,512 photos, 1,954 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 10,997 photos, 737 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 31,612 photos, 1,838 members
- one-twenty-six. 1,084 photos, 151 members
- vintage kodak 11,098 photos, 1,184 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,502 photos, 957 members
- Pineapple Delight 568 photos, 149 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 26,351 photos, 1,907 members
- Make it Interesting Challenge Group 4,722 photos, 713 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 161,667 photos, 13,382 members
- Cult of Mac 26,716 photos, 5,440 members
- Sports Illustrated 125,309 photos, 4,399 members
- Pirate Girls 859 photos, 197 members
- Empty chairs in empty places 2,160 photos, 204 members
- Bechtle Homage 62 photos, 20 members
HelenHates Peas says:
"I found Bob at the beginning of the year after searching on flickr for random words to see what they generated. The word that led me to Bob was 'Snowglobe' and delivered this image:
After pausing to digest the humour in his self portrait, I browsed his stream, and it has now become part of the daily routine for me. Never dull, and always a real-life window into life in Sacramento interspersed now and again with the more surreal 'Bobs Dreams' series.
Life is a key theme in Bobs stream, the images are as he found them, a snapshot of his day, usually backed up with a statement or explaination in the description to give some sort of background to the image.
On a personal note, I find Bob to be incredibly humble about his own work and yet incredibly complimentary about everyone else, I trust his judgement and his wisdom. His advise is always spot on.
Its finding people like Bob that make places like Flickr just that little bit more exciting :)"
8th May, 2010
"Robert Couse-Baker has the sensibilities of Mr. America while maintaining the dry wit of Monty Python's Flying Circus. His photographs capture a world that few of us see although it is right before our eyes every day, and the "Bob's Dream" and other photomanipulations are true Art (with a capital "A")."
13th August, 2009
"I'm actually surprised that there aren't thousands, okay, dozens, of testimonials about Bob. He is obviously an incredibly talented photographer, with a really funny sense of humor. He adores his family and is very, very good at his job. And that doesn't even cover it. He is a primo human being."
19th February, 2009
- Robert Couse-Baker
- August 2008
- San Francisco
- Sacramento, California
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Military public affairs officer