I’ve met some wonderful people on Flickr and been inspired by the vast diversity of art. The thing I like best about Flickr is the culture of civility and wonder. Most people on Flickr are nice to one another and appreciate the wonder of life.
Please feel free to offer advice or criticism on my images, captions, opinions or anything else. And by the way, the opinions expressed (or perceived) do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but me.
Most of my work on Flickr is published under the Creative Commons Attribution "CC BY" license. These images may be copied, distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon with in the bounds of the license. If you use my pictures, I respectfully request attribution.
The Creative Commons license does not imply or grant a talent or model release.
Do not use my images for hate speech of any kind. I herby revoke the Creative Commons license for any of my images used to degrade, demean or insult any person, group of people, ethnicity, race, creed, nationality or faith.
The pictures I've taken in my official duties as an employee of the U. S. Government are in the public domain, but certain uses are limited. According to Federal law, "DoD imagery will not portray, implicate or otherwise imply endorsement by the Department of Defense for any commercial product or service." These images may be freely republished for artistic, documentary, educational, commentary and editorial uses.
- Classic Vintage Cycles 3,293 photos, 1,470 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 49,060 photos, 4,541 members
- The Point Reyes Abandoned Boat 133 photos, 82 members
- Mordus de photos Monochrome 217,998 photos, 5,569 members
- Cats in Plain Brown Wrappers 1,793 photos, 56 members
- Burmese cats 4,875 photos, 412 members
- 100 Bicycles 1,409 photos, 324 members
- bay area renaissance festival 48 photos, 14 members
- Democratic Forest 52,632 photos, 1,099 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 26,252 photos, 1,451 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 20,378 photos, 1,267 members
- 2013/365photos 115,986 photos, 1,009 members
- Asking questions 109 photos, 177 members
- Sliders Sunday -- Altering reality, one pixel at a time! 25,353 photos, 1,485 members
- Veterans and Veterans Day 7,200 photos, 373 members
- Scientist Photographers 15,184 photos, 3,148 members
- sCieNce GoNe bAd FoR goOd 1,151 photos, 169 members
- Canon Powershot G15 7,440 photos, 830 members
- Writing Machines 4,862 photos, 6,238 members
- Vintage Advertising 94,611 photos, 7,228 members
- Tell a story in 5 frames (Visual story telling) 199 photos, 12,670 members
- Nifty Thrift 51,990 photos, 3,955 members
- Pretty Pictures of Ugly Things 48,049 photos, 3,488 members
- Vintage Camera Photography 231,278 photos, 14,139 members
- 12-12-2012 392 photos, 380 members
- inside the car wash 166 photos, 91 members
- Sacramento Aviation 1,235 photos, 66 members
- Brass Under Foot 360 photos, 59 members
- CARTIFACTS 29,789 photos, 769 members
- Eight Days a Week! 3,638 photos, 102 members
- Cliche Saturday:In the heat of the night 12,271 photos, 935 members
- Owls of North America 6,432 photos, 965 members
- Meet me at the Fair 22,631 photos, 2,576 members
- Canon 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM 2,913 photos, 286 members
- Pictures With Stories - 5 sentence MINIMUM 11,590 photos, 1,955 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 9,407 photos, 662 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 31,109 photos, 1,832 members
- one-twenty-six. 1,078 photos, 147 members
- vintage kodak 10,584 photos, 1,140 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,515 photos, 961 members
- Pineapple Delight 570 photos, 150 members
- Converted Digital Infrared Cameras 26,035 photos, 1,886 members
- Make it Interesting Challenge Group 4,631 photos, 709 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 156,684 photos, 13,291 members
- Cult of Mac 26,810 photos, 5,437 members
- Sports Illustrated 119,579 photos, 4,177 members
- Pirate Girls 856 photos, 193 members
- Empty chairs in empty places 2,078 photos, 200 members
- Bechtle Homage 61 photos, 20 members
- Crocker Art Museum 336 photos, 34 members
HelenHates Peas says:
"I found Bob at the beginning of the year after searching on flickr for random words to see what they generated. The word that led me to Bob was 'Snowglobe' and delivered this image:
After pausing to digest the humour in his self portrait, I browsed his stream, and it has now become part of the daily routine for me. Never dull, and always a real-life window into life in Sacramento interspersed now and again with the more surreal 'Bobs Dreams' series.
Life is a key theme in Bobs stream, the images are as he found them, a snapshot of his day, usually backed up with a statement or explaination in the description to give some sort of background to the image.
On a personal note, I find Bob to be incredibly humble about his own work and yet incredibly complimentary about everyone else, I trust his judgement and his wisdom. His advise is always spot on.
Its finding people like Bob that make places like Flickr just that little bit more exciting :)"
8th May, 2010
"Robert Couse-Baker has the sensibilities of Mr. America while maintaining the dry wit of Monty Python's Flying Circus. His photographs capture a world that few of us see although it is right before our eyes every day, and the "Bob's Dream" and other photomanipulations are true Art (with a capital "A")."
13th August, 2009
"I'm actually surprised that there aren't thousands, okay, dozens, of testimonials about Bob. He is obviously an incredibly talented photographer, with a really funny sense of humor. He adores his family and is very, very good at his job. And that doesn't even cover it. He is a primo human being."
19th February, 2009
- Robert Couse-Baker
- August 2008
- San Francisco
- Sacramento, California
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Military public affairs officer