Grouchy, well traveled kind of guy that likes hiking and taking mediocre photos. Well... I'm not trying to take mediocre photos but I think that I've made some real strides since I started posting to Flickr.
Most if not all of my older photos are scans from color prints taken by either my old OM1 or OM2, so if there is some color cast to them then that maybe why. I've tried to clean up the scanned photos as much as possible but they are, in some instances, real basket cases. If you can't tell the difference between my digital and film photographs then I'll take that as a complement. On second thought, it might not be that much of a complement.
I don't shoot with a Nikon or a Canon. I don't perform my photo editing with Elements, Lightroom , CS4, or any other product from Adobe. I do not subscribe to the herd mentality. I save money.
Anyhow, I'm not really trying to make too big of an impression here. Flickr, like college, only showed me just how much I don't know. Some of the photos I've seen from other people here have belittled me as much as they have impressed. I'm working on that though, and my therapist says that I'm making real progress.
One final thing here. From time to time I receive invites to join and/or post a photo to a certain group. This is generally fine as I view such an invitation as a complement. However, I will decline any invitation to those groups which are invitation only (elitist) or to those groups that require you to perform some sort of task such as commenting on other photos (jumping through hoops). Dougie don't play that game! So if you would like me to post an image to your group of choice, I am all but happy to do so as long as it doesn't fall into the a fore mentioned groups. Think before you invite because I do bite!
Why the name junmon603? It was June of 2003 (6/03) when I established an account with Yahoo. At the time I was living in central New Mexico. June in New Mexico is generally the hottest time of the year and at the time I was concocting a user name for myself I was also hoping for the monsoon season to start up early (in June vice July) and cool things down. Thus junmon (June monsoons) 603 (6/03).
I've received my third invitation to join AARP despite being at least 15 years till I retire.
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISTP)
Your personality type is reserved, methodical, spirited, and intense.
Only about 6% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 8% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.
I couldn't agree more!
How Rare Is Your Personality?
create your own visited states map
create your own visited countries map
I don't know how they come up with such small numbers here.
Photos of junmon603 (1)
- Olympus E-System Community 400,225 photos, 10,748 members
- Lake County California 862 photos, 50 members
- Table top studio photography 4,230 photos, 398 members
- Taken at home 572 photos, 15 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 105,330 photos, 6,306 members
- Olympus E-xxx Users 148,322 photos, 5,572 members
- Something Unique, Northern California 319 photos, 19 members
- Butte County, California 827 photos, 54 members
- Olympus Outcasts 4,538 photos, 188 members
- Get Olympus 83,952 photos, 1,856 members
- Northern California Photo Trekers 7,856 photos, 228 members
- Mendocino Coast 2,836 photos, 225 members
- plumas sierra photographers 108 photos, 9 members
- details of transportation 6,272 photos, 171 members
- That’s Getting Up Close! 83,471 photos, 4,685 members
- Waterfalls of California 1,672 photos, 206 members
- WONDERFUL WATERFALLS (Geotagged) 4,964 photos, 713 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 31,968 photos, 4,371 members
- OLYMPUS Zuiko Digital Club (Please read TAG rules) 98,539 photos, 3,756 members
- Four Thirds Macro 13,470 photos, 821 members
- Real Macro 25,717 photos, 1,691 members
- Olympus Zuiko Digital Lenses 253 photos, 408 members
- Marin County, California 13,513 photos, 928 members
- fungi 65,103 photos, 7,105 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 35,890 photos, 2,970 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 334,081 photos, 27,439 members
- old truck 1,797 photos, 103 members
- The Shores of California 26,744 photos, 1,923 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 35,748 photos, 2,500 members
- Abandoned California 12,967 photos, 862 members
- Abandoned 703,150 photos, 49,417 members
- California Landscapes 395 photos, 14 members
- California waterfalls, lakes and streams 3,616 photos, 261 members
- Northern California Coastline 2,296 photos, 121 members
- California wine country pix. 3,684 photos, 158 members
- panoramas 246,045 photos, 32,685 members
- Sonoma County, California 20,222 photos, 952 members
- Mendocino County, California 6,848 photos, 469 members
- Northern California 66,106 photos, 1,687 members
- Olympus E-510 90,964 photos, 2,437 members
- Olympus Evolt E510 10,240 photos, 320 members
- NorCal (BTW: Sacramento and San Francisco are not NorCal) 3,381 photos, 223 members
- Northern California Photographers 75,641 photos, 1,991 members
- Early morning mist 6,370 photos, 1,013 members
- Rural Decay 173,574 photos, 30,642 members
- Lassen Volcanic National Park 1,152 photos, 207 members
- rainy days outdoors 19 photos, 4 members
junmon603 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2006
- San Jose, CA
- I am:
- It's complicated and not very fun