Grouchy, well traveled kind of guy that likes hiking and taking mediocre photos. Well... I'm not trying to take mediocre photos but I think that I've made some real strides since I started posting to Flickr.
Most if not all of my older photos are scans from color prints taken by either my old OM1 or OM2, so if there is some color cast to them then that maybe why. I've tried to clean up the scanned photos as much as possible but they are, in some instances, real basket cases. If you can't tell the difference between my digital and film photographs then I'll take that as a complement. On second thought, it might not be that much of a complement.
I don't shoot with a Nikon or a Canon. I don't perform my photo editing with Elements, Lightroom , CS4, or any other product from Adobe. I do not subscribe to the herd mentality. I save money.
Anyhow, I'm not really trying to make too big of an impression here. Flickr, like college, only showed me just how much I don't know. Some of the photos I've seen from other people here have belittled me as much as they have impressed. I'm working on that though, and my therapist says that I'm making real progress.
One final thing here. From time to time I receive invites to join and/or post a photo to a certain group. This is generally fine as I view such an invitation as a complement. However, I will decline any invitation to those groups which are invitation only (elitist) or to those groups that require you to perform some sort of task such as commenting on other photos (jumping through hoops). Dougie don't play that game! So if you would like me to post an image to your group of choice, I am all but happy to do so as long as it doesn't fall into the a fore mentioned groups. Think before you invite because I do bite!
Why the name junmon603? It was June of 2003 (6/03) when I established an account with Yahoo. At the time I was living in central New Mexico. June in New Mexico is generally the hottest time of the year and at the time I was concocting a user name for myself I was also hoping for the monsoon season to start up early (in June vice July) and cool things down. Thus junmon (June monsoons) 603 (6/03).
I've received my third invitation to join AARP despite being at least 15 years till I retire.
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISTP)
Your personality type is reserved, methodical, spirited, and intense.
Only about 6% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 8% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.
I couldn't agree more!
How Rare Is Your Personality?
create your own visited states map
create your own visited countries map
I don't know how they come up with such small numbers here.
Photos of junmon603 (1)
- Olympus E-System Community 413,861 photos, 10,840 members
- Lake County California 867 photos, 51 members
- Table top studio photography 4,467 photos, 406 members
- Taken at home 573 photos, 15 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 109,231 photos, 6,416 members
- Olympus E-xxx Users 150,608 photos, 5,581 members
- Something Unique, Northern California 322 photos, 19 members
- Butte County, California 850 photos, 57 members
- Olympus Outcasts 4,559 photos, 189 members
- Get Olympus 99,482 photos, 2,370 members
- Northern California Photo Trekers 7,968 photos, 229 members
- Mendocino Coast 2,890 photos, 228 members
- plumas sierra photographers 108 photos, 9 members
- details of transportation 6,445 photos, 170 members
- That’s Getting Up Close! 84,877 photos, 4,680 members
- Waterfalls of California 1,718 photos, 207 members
- WONDERFUL WATERFALLS (Geotagged) 5,043 photos, 720 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 33,475 photos, 4,575 members
- OLYMPUS Zuiko Digital Club (Please read TAG rules) 101,442 photos, 3,799 members
- Four Thirds Macro 13,721 photos, 825 members
- Real Macro 26,384 photos, 1,699 members
- Olympus Zuiko Digital Lenses 257 photos, 406 members
- Marin County, California 13,780 photos, 936 members
- fungi 67,004 photos, 7,146 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 36,919 photos, 2,996 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 341,889 photos, 27,592 members
- old truck 1,862 photos, 103 members
- The Shores of California 27,746 photos, 1,941 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 37,138 photos, 2,558 members
- Abandoned California 13,779 photos, 881 members
- Abandoned 740,376 photos, 52,765 members
- California Landscapes 406 photos, 14 members
- California waterfalls, lakes and streams 3,676 photos, 265 members
- Northern California Coastline 2,409 photos, 123 members
- California wine country pix. 3,758 photos, 160 members
- panoramas 267,213 photos, 36,290 members
- Sonoma County, California 20,419 photos, 960 members
- Mendocino County, California 6,921 photos, 471 members
- Northern California 67,325 photos, 1,703 members
- Olympus E-510 91,553 photos, 2,450 members
- Olympus Evolt E510 10,276 photos, 318 members
- NorCal (BTW: Sacramento and San Francisco are not NorCal) 3,455 photos, 226 members
- Northern California Photographers 77,562 photos, 2,021 members
- Early morning mist 6,706 photos, 1,030 members
- Rural Decay 181,296 photos, 32,666 members
- Lassen Volcanic National Park 1,170 photos, 210 members
- rainy days outdoors 24 photos, 4 members
junmon603 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2006
- San Jose, CA
- I am:
- It's complicated and not very fun