Grouchy, well traveled kind of guy that likes hiking and taking mediocre photos. Well... I'm not trying to take mediocre photos but I think that I've made some real strides since I started posting to Flickr.
Most if not all of my older photos are scans from color prints taken by either my old OM1 or OM2, so if there is some color cast to them then that maybe why. I've tried to clean up the scanned photos as much as possible but they are, in some instances, real basket cases. If you can't tell the difference between my digital and film photographs then I'll take that as a complement. On second thought, it might not be that much of a complement.
I don't shoot with a Nikon or a Canon. I don't perform my photo editing with Elements, Lightroom , CS4, or any other product from Adobe. I do not subscribe to the herd mentality. I save money.
Anyhow, I'm not really trying to make too big of an impression here. Flickr, like college, only showed me just how much I don't know. Some of the photos I've seen from other people here have belittled me as much as they have impressed. I'm working on that though, and my therapist says that I'm making real progress.
One final thing here. From time to time I receive invites to join and/or post a photo to a certain group. This is generally fine as I view such an invitation as a complement. However, I will decline any invitation to those groups which are invitation only (elitist) or to those groups that require you to perform some sort of task such as commenting on other photos (jumping through hoops). Dougie don't play that game! So if you would like me to post an image to your group of choice, I am all but happy to do so as long as it doesn't fall into the a fore mentioned groups. Think before you invite because I do bite!
Why the name junmon603? It was June of 2003 (6/03) when I established an account with Yahoo. At the time I was living in central New Mexico. June in New Mexico is generally the hottest time of the year and at the time I was concocting a user name for myself I was also hoping for the monsoon season to start up early (in June vice July) and cool things down. Thus junmon (June monsoons) 603 (6/03).
I've received my third invitation to join AARP despite being at least 15 years till I retire.
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISTP)
Your personality type is reserved, methodical, spirited, and intense.
Only about 6% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 8% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.
I couldn't agree more!
How Rare Is Your Personality?
create your own visited states map
create your own visited countries map
I don't know how they come up with such small numbers here.
- Lake County California 870 photos, 48 members
- Table top studio photography 3,899 photos, 388 members
- Taken at home 571 photos, 15 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 95,305 photos, 5,985 members
- Olympus E-xxx Users 143,911 photos, 5,543 members
- Something Unique, Northern California 261 photos, 18 members
- Butte County, California 797 photos, 50 members
- Olympus Outcasts 4,395 photos, 186 members
- Get Olympus 65,757 photos, 1,321 members
- Northern California Photo Trekers 7,309 photos, 225 members
- Mendocino Coast 2,701 photos, 215 members
- plumas sierra photographers 111 photos, 9 members
- details of transportation 5,697 photos, 167 members
- That’s Getting Up Close! 82,686 photos, 4,730 members
- Waterfalls of California 1,594 photos, 200 members
- WONDERFUL WATERFALLS (Geotagged) 4,736 photos, 695 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 26,801 photos, 3,783 members
- OLYMPUS Zuiko Digital Club (Please read TAG rules) 94,549 photos, 3,694 members
- Four Thirds Macro 13,183 photos, 837 members
- Real Macro 23,540 photos, 1,656 members
- Olympus Zuiko Digital Lenses 421 photos, 414 members
- Marin County, California 13,048 photos, 914 members
- fungi 60,338 photos, 6,882 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 32,917 photos, 2,854 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 318,973 photos, 27,159 members
- old truck 1,778 photos, 100 members
- The Shores of California 25,117 photos, 1,875 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 32,839 photos, 2,411 members
- Abandoned California 12,296 photos, 822 members
- Abandoned 643,065 photos, 43,404 members
- California Landscapes 336 photos, 14 members
- California waterfalls, lakes and streams 3,476 photos, 255 members
- Northern California Coastline 2,033 photos, 118 members
- California wine country pix. 3,471 photos, 158 members
- panoramas 212,550 photos, 25,634 members
- Sonoma County, California 18,993 photos, 938 members
- Mendocino County, California 6,393 photos, 458 members
- Northern California 63,219 photos, 1,677 members
- Olympus E-510 90,152 photos, 2,437 members
- Olympus Evolt E510 10,013 photos, 326 members
- NorCal (BTW: Sacramento and San Francisco are not NorCal) 3,159 photos, 223 members
- Northern California Photographers 71,496 photos, 1,973 members
- Early morning mist 5,949 photos, 986 members
- Rural Decay 160,603 photos, 27,107 members
- Lassen Volcanic National Park 1,059 photos, 191 members
- rainy days outdoors 19 photos, 4 members
junmon603 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2006
- San Jose, CA
- I am:
- It's complicated and not very fun