Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 18 photos, 15 members
- GIMP users 142,811 photos, 9,869 members
- Slow Light 157 photos, 93 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,290 photos, 73 members
- Mamiya C330 19,361 photos, 1,843 members
- School of Digital Photography 443,763 photos, 15,344 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 43,939 photos, 3,840 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,384 photos, 497 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 284,500 photos, 9,454 members
- Cameras In The Community 5,111 photos, 62 members
- One Strobe Pony 65,030 photos, 8,600 members
- flowers of any kind 624 photos, 28 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 16,044 photos, 4,069 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 242,825 photos, 19,855 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,194 photos, 808 members
- UK Strobists 26,986 photos, 2,394 members
- Lighting Essentials 68,970 photos, 7,292 members
- Lighting Mods 3,651 photos, 1,545 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 26,014 photos, 1,878 members
- Strobist.com 581,806 photos, 116,082 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 145,727 photos, 6,764 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 9,486 photos, 1,157 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 3,809 photos, 341 members
- DIYPhotography 26,368 photos, 12,129 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,293 photos, 579 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 1,142 photos, 82 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 484 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 327,749 photos, 30,560 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 38,099 photos, 1,252 members
- Olympus E-System Community 399,592 photos, 10,746 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,078 photos, 550 members
- Dads and Cameras 5,952 photos, 44 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,456 photos, 72 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 8,993 photos, 7,175 members
- Bedford life 661 photos, 58 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 9,169 photos, 769 members
- classic black and white 3,593 photos, 88 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 26,407 photos, 1,332 members
- Black & White Photographyy 24,867 photos, 885 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,471 photos, 951 members
- Mamiya TLR 30,076 photos, 2,433 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 137 photos, 204 members
- Black and White 5,425,962 photos, 265,602 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,306 photos, 40 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 65,256 photos, 9,341 members
- Your camera collection ! 50,459 photos, 5,028 members
- The Portrait Group 2,191,527 photos, 134,446 members
- Smoke Art 14,884 photos, 4,316 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 59,351 photos, 6,089 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
5th May, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
10th September, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
9th February, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
4th February, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
6th January, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
1st October, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed