Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 22 photos, 15 members
- GIMP users 145,886 photos, 9,942 members
- Slow Light 181 photos, 100 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,321 photos, 75 members
- Mamiya C330 20,323 photos, 1,894 members
- School of Digital Photography 476,236 photos, 15,604 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 43,656 photos, 3,845 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,404 photos, 506 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 292,697 photos, 9,635 members
- Cameras In The Community 5,337 photos, 63 members
- One Strobe Pony 66,801 photos, 8,715 members
- flowers of any kind 630 photos, 28 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 16,526 photos, 4,058 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 256,941 photos, 20,490 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,317 photos, 808 members
- UK Strobists 27,280 photos, 2,409 members
- Lighting Essentials 72,557 photos, 7,518 members
- Lighting Mods 3,660 photos, 1,546 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 26,986 photos, 1,912 members
- Strobist.com 586,975 photos, 117,216 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 155,559 photos, 6,894 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 9,753 photos, 1,178 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 3,931 photos, 346 members
- DIYPhotography 27,606 photos, 12,222 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,294 photos, 589 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 1,219 photos, 84 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 484 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 353,974 photos, 32,118 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 38,365 photos, 1,254 members
- Olympus E-System Community 412,340 photos, 10,828 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,155 photos, 552 members
- Braes Camera Club 6,114 photos, 45 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,430 photos, 71 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 9,271 photos, 7,222 members
- Bedford life 690 photos, 59 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 9,998 photos, 787 members
- classic black and white 3,764 photos, 88 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 26,515 photos, 1,336 members
- Black & White Photographyy 28,393 photos, 934 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,620 photos, 953 members
- Mamiya TLR 31,091 photos, 2,485 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 138 photos, 204 members
- Black and White 5,712,088 photos, 278,041 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,304 photos, 40 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 67,834 photos, 9,545 members
- Your camera collection ! 51,903 photos, 5,063 members
- The Portrait Group 2,262,583 photos, 136,832 members
- Smoke Art 14,975 photos, 4,320 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 60,331 photos, 6,085 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
5th May, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
10th September, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
9th February, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
4th February, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
6th January, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
1st October, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed