I take pictures of just about anything, no limit and boundary. I am very fond of natural arches and weird rock formations. My greatest passion is the landscape in the Southwest and Sierra Nevada. Don't know why, I just love the deserts and the high peaks. They offer me peace and opportunities to get away from the stress in my regular job. I am currently using a Canon EOS 5D Mark3, EOS 7D, Fujifilm X10, Fujifilm F600EXR and Sigma DP2S. My back up camera is my trusty 7-year old Canon EOS 20D. I may convert it to an IR camera some time soon. Oh I also have a Canon AE-1 and a few FD lenses inherited from my Dad back in the 80s. These vintage pieces are still going strong with film. However, I have given up on film for almost 10 years already. I still have a couple of Pentax point and shoot film cameras that are not worth mentioning.
I have no attachment to camera brands. My first digital camera was a Nikon Coolpix. I later upgraded to a Canon EOS 20D as I felt the body fit right into my hands. I also liked the magnesium alloy construction and it had more features than the Nikon D70 and D100 at the time. When Canon finally caught up with the Nikon D300 in AF performance along with additional video capability, I made a leap to the EOS 7D. I also adore the Foveon sensor from my Sigma a lot. From time to time, you 'll see me post shots taken with my little Sigma. I may add a Sigma DP1m when it comes out in the near future. This could very well be my goto camera/lens for making large prints of my landscape shots especially when I feel like not carrying all that gear.
Lenses I have used with my Canon EOS system:
Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III
- retired many years ago. Don't miss it.
Canon EFS 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM
- my primary lens for landscape. I won't leave home without it.
Canon EFS 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
- don't underestimate this kit lens. It 's light and could take tack sharp pictures even wide open. I still keep it for travel especially to places where I am an easy prey for robbery. I have an early copy and it 's made in Japan. So it might be worth something in the future.
Canon EFS 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS USM
- my primary lens for indoor sports if the venue doesn't allow me to bring in my big gun.
Canon EFS 60mm F2.8 Macro
- dual purpose macro and portrait for outdoor. Probably even sharper than my L zooms.
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM
- when I don't have my light strobe, this is my goto lens for low light.
Canon EF 40mm F2.8 STM
- an interesting pancake that is very sharp even wide open. It 's so inexpensive too.
Canon EF 28-135 F3.5-5.6 IS USM
- used to be my walkaround lens. Ever since I upgraded to the 24-70L, I have assigned it to video shooting and back up situations.
Canon EF 24-70 F2.8L USM
- my event and portrait lens. Heavy but well worth the weight considered its robust construction.
Canon EF 24mm F1.4L II
OMG, this lens is incredible on the 7D. And it gets even better with the 5D Mark3. My new love.
Canon EF 135mm F2L
A truly legendary lens. Buttery bokeh and extremely sharp corner to corner. A must have if you own a full frame body.
Canon EF 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM
- my big gun for birding and wildlife. In some cases, landscape too. It 's actually quite versatile for its size.
Samyang/Rokinon 8mm Fisheye
- whenever I need funky Fisheye effect, this is the one.
Samyang/Pro Optics 14mm F2.8
- the optics of this lens can challenge some of the Canon L glasses. It 's sharp corner to corner. Just the mustache distortion that needs to be corrected in Lightroom. Otherwise, this is a real bargain.
Last of all, a 580EX II speedlight and a EF 1.4x III teleconverter to round up my gear.
Please contact me and ask for permission if you want to use my work.
visited 20 states (8.88%)Create your own visited map of The World or website vertaling duits?
- in explore 75,179 photos, 4,862 members
- Life is Beautiful through a lens 331 photos, 128 members
- Sad Nature Images 3,978 photos, 593 members
- bitches brew 219,543 photos, 3,634 members
- Sigma DP2 / DP2S / DP2X: A Merrill Free Zone... 168 photos, 21 members
- Palm Springs and Surrounding Area 8,783 photos, 578 members
- Salton Sea 7,280 photos, 834 members
- Android Smartphones 7,067 photos, 369 members
- 2013 Worldwide Photowalk - Livermore 26 photos, 2 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 9,466 photos, 2,147 members
- Android Photographer 45,435 photos, 3,645 members
- Secret Sidewalk 47 photos, 13 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 31,083 photos, 1,831 members
- Nexus 4 2,181 photos, 272 members
- Drawbridge 159 photos, 31 members
- Travel Photography 2,076,682 photos, 83,126 members
- Fremont California (Baylands) Photo Club 224 photos, 2 members
- Presetting Lightroom 48,018 photos, 10,899 members
- SF Bay Area Shooters (sfbas) 126,441 photos, 4,290 members
- Fujifilm FinePix Users 57,358 photos, 2,523 members
- California Missions 8,853 photos, 729 members
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM 15,137 photos, 2,066 members
- Monochrome Magic 6,907 photos, 556 members
- Canon 7D HDR 8,225 photos, 746 members
- Canon EOS 100D/EOS Rebel SL1 - Official Group 1,989 photos, 299 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 2,083 photos, 1,263 members
- 4 Corners Photographers 1,701 photos, 81 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 10,460 photos, 1,636 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 11,095 photos, 3,618 members
- China Uncut and Unrated 42,467 photos, 2,361 members
- Street Photography International 66,289 photos, 2,853 members
- Street Photography 88,965 photos, 29,827 members
- Street Photography Blog 253,097 photos, 12,475 members
- Teakettle Junction 140 photos, 74 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 401,229 photos, 17,712 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 589,644 photos, 23,286 members
- Lizard 21,575 photos, 5,755 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 109,525 photos, 12,206 members
- Langkawi 2,406 photos, 274 members
- Malaysia Street Photography 9,079 photos, 1,518 members
- Malaysia Images 140,434 photos, 6,718 members
- Cameron Highlands 421 photos, 55 members
- Black Card Technique 716 photos, 382 members
- Forbidden City 2,980 photos, 484 members
- Beijing 北京 Photo Community 45,726 photos, 3,454 members
- The Great Wall of China Photography Group 1,629 photos, 364 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,480 photos, 3,655 members
- Deep Space Astrophotography 15,432 photos, 1,678 members
- Astrophotography 76,781 photos, 11,763 members
- Don Edwards SF Bay Wildlife Refuge 647 photos, 93 members
tourtrophy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2008
- San Francisco Bay Area, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken