I take pictures of just about anything, no limit and boundary. I am very fond of natural arches and weird rock formations. My greatest passion is the landscape in the Southwest and Sierra Nevada. Don't know why, I just love the deserts and the high peaks. They offer me peace and opportunities to get away from the stress in my regular job. I am currently using a Canon EOS 5D Mark3, EOS 7D, Fujifilm X10, Fujifilm F600EXR and Sigma DP2S. My back up camera is my trusty 7-year old Canon EOS 20D. I may convert it to an IR camera some time soon. Oh I also have a Canon AE-1 and a few FD lenses inherited from my Dad back in the 80s. These vintage pieces are still going strong with film. However, I have given up on film for almost 10 years already. I still have a couple of Pentax point and shoot film cameras that are not worth mentioning.
I have no attachment to camera brands. My first digital camera was a Nikon Coolpix. I later upgraded to a Canon EOS 20D as I felt the body fit right into my hands. I also liked the magnesium alloy construction and it had more features than the Nikon D70 and D100 at the time. When Canon finally caught up with the Nikon D300 in AF performance along with additional video capability, I made a leap to the EOS 7D. I also adore the Foveon sensor from my Sigma a lot. From time to time, you 'll see me post shots taken with my little Sigma. I may add a Sigma DP1m when it comes out in the near future. This could very well be my goto camera/lens for making large prints of my landscape shots especially when I feel like not carrying all that gear.
Lenses I have used with my Canon EOS system:
Canon EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III
- retired many years ago. Don't miss it.
Canon EFS 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM
- my primary lens for landscape. I won't leave home without it.
Canon EFS 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
- don't underestimate this kit lens. It 's light and could take tack sharp pictures even wide open. I still keep it for travel especially to places where I am an easy prey for robbery. I have an early copy and it 's made in Japan. So it might be worth something in the future.
Canon EFS 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS USM
- my primary lens for indoor sports if the venue doesn't allow me to bring in my big gun.
Canon EFS 60mm F2.8 Macro
- dual purpose macro and portrait for outdoor. Probably even sharper than my L zooms.
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM
- when I don't have my light strobe, this is my goto lens for low light.
Canon EF 40mm F2.8 STM
- an interesting pancake that is very sharp even wide open. It 's so inexpensive too.
Canon EF 28-135 F3.5-5.6 IS USM
- used to be my walkaround lens. Ever since I upgraded to the 24-70L, I have assigned it to video shooting and back up situations.
Canon EF 24-70 F2.8L USM
- my event and portrait lens. Heavy but well worth the weight considered its robust construction.
Canon EF 24mm F1.4L II
OMG, this lens is incredible on the 7D. And it gets even better with the 5D Mark3. My new love.
Canon EF 135mm F2L
A truly legendary lens. Buttery bokeh and extremely sharp corner to corner. A must have if you own a full frame body.
Canon EF 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM
- my big gun for birding and wildlife. In some cases, landscape too. It 's actually quite versatile for its size.
Samyang/Rokinon 8mm Fisheye
- whenever I need funky Fisheye effect, this is the one.
Samyang/Pro Optics 14mm F2.8
- the optics of this lens can challenge some of the Canon L glasses. It 's sharp corner to corner. Just the mustache distortion that needs to be corrected in Lightroom. Otherwise, this is a real bargain.
Last of all, a 580EX II speedlight and a EF 1.4x III teleconverter to round up my gear.
Please contact me and ask for permission if you want to use my work.
visited 20 states (8.88%)Create your own visited map of The World or website vertaling duits?
- in explore 74,013 photos, 4,775 members
- Life is Beautiful through a lens 297 photos, 127 members
- Sad Nature Images 3,480 photos, 524 members
- bitches brew 219,011 photos, 3,632 members
- Sigma DP2 / DP2S / DP2X: A Merrill Free Zone... 162 photos, 21 members
- Palm Springs and Surrounding Area 8,775 photos, 578 members
- Salton Sea 7,272 photos, 833 members
- Android Smartphones 7,028 photos, 369 members
- 2013 Worldwide Photowalk - Livermore 26 photos, 2 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 9,466 photos, 2,148 members
- Android Photographer 45,308 photos, 3,643 members
- Secret Sidewalk 47 photos, 13 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 31,103 photos, 1,830 members
- Nexus 4 2,168 photos, 272 members
- Drawbridge 159 photos, 31 members
- Travel Photography 2,072,616 photos, 83,038 members
- Fremont California (Baylands) Photo Club 224 photos, 2 members
- Presetting Lightroom 47,874 photos, 10,878 members
- SF Bay Area Shooters (sfbas) 126,388 photos, 4,288 members
- Fujifilm FinePix Users 57,404 photos, 2,521 members
- California Missions 8,846 photos, 728 members
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM 15,053 photos, 2,055 members
- Monochrome Magic 6,826 photos, 549 members
- Canon 7D HDR 8,217 photos, 746 members
- Canon EOS 100D/EOS Rebel SL1 - Official Group 1,915 photos, 290 members
- Asian cave 亚洲洞穴 2,081 photos, 1,261 members
- 4 Corners Photographers 1,698 photos, 81 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 10,409 photos, 1,622 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 11,085 photos, 3,605 members
- China Uncut and Unrated 42,403 photos, 2,360 members
- Street Photography International 65,978 photos, 2,843 members
- Street Photography 88,950 photos, 29,771 members
- Street Photography Blog 250,842 photos, 12,399 members
- Teakettle Junction 140 photos, 74 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 400,710 photos, 17,702 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 588,144 photos, 23,265 members
- Lizard 21,559 photos, 5,755 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 109,449 photos, 12,202 members
- Langkawi 2,406 photos, 274 members
- Malaysia Street Photography 9,062 photos, 1,518 members
- Malaysia Images 140,307 photos, 6,713 members
- Cameron Highlands 421 photos, 55 members
- Black Card Technique 716 photos, 382 members
- Forbidden City 2,977 photos, 484 members
- Beijing 北京 Photo Community 45,689 photos, 3,454 members
- The Great Wall of China Photography Group 1,623 photos, 363 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 20,198 photos, 3,638 members
- Deep Space Astrophotography 15,392 photos, 1,672 members
- Astrophotography 76,573 photos, 11,750 members
- Don Edwards SF Bay Wildlife Refuge 645 photos, 92 members
tourtrophy doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2008
- San Francisco Bay Area, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken