I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I am currently taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY! I just finished a class where we were required to make a simple web site, so I decided to make one featuring cards I make as a part of a writing project I am involved in (Circle of Love Letters program ). This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
Most of the cards use the images I share here on Flickr.
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
- Flower Pro 253 photos, 30 members
- Visual Haiku 7,867 photos, 391 members
- The Test Kitchen 2,052 photos, 340 members
- Good Mail Day 9,659 photos, 422 members
- Every day blessings 7,767 photos, 232 members
- Invitation to Photography: Give Me a Word 2013 52 photos, 50 members
- • CHRISTIANITY ╬ ΧΡΙΣΤΙΑΝΙΣΜΟΣ • Award 2 2,662 photos, 186 members
- Small happinesses ~ 29,639 photos, 1,342 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 14,800 photos, 13,274 members
- Shutter Sisters 398,355 photos, 12,352 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 644,752 photos, 15,143 members
- Religious Photos 72,274 photos, 4,845 members
- Window Wednesday 6,720 photos, 673 members
- MAGIC IN THE MUNDANE 13,218 photos, 352 members
- San Francisco POI 16,624 photos, 1,262 members
- Green Leaf 727 photos, 114 members
- Book Arts Jam 2011 28 photos, 9 members
- Spiritual Earth 1,541 photos, 621 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 34,164 photos, 2,170 members
- Water, Wind, Earth & Fire 14 photos, 35 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,169 photos, 102 members
- I Am Grateful For... 4,175 photos, 325 members
- Lunar Lust: Glimpses of the Moon 387 photos, 148 members
- -- intangible delicacies -- 24,738 photos, 771 members
- The Art of Weed 874 photos, 143 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 11,327 photos, 726 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 10,478 photos, 367 members
- Contemplative Photography 19,432 photos, 738 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 97,318 photos, 6,389 members
- the beauty we love... 216 photos, 26 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 46,145 photos, 5,846 members
- All Pink All The Time 171 photos, 21 members
- Journey To Peace 1,777 photos, 112 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 246 photos, 38 members
- The beauty of the simplicity 1,955 photos, 186 members
- COP'D: Creation Of (a) Peaceful Day! 619 photos, 83 members
- The Great Jalaluddin Rumi 501 photos, 196 members
- Healing 13,343 photos, 1,058 members
- A Place to find Peace 22,929 photos, 1,362 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,253 photos, 1,989 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
5th December, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
20th October, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
15th September, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- Comfort Cards