I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I am currently taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY! I just finished a class where we were required to make a simple web site, so I decided to make one featuring cards I make as a part of a writing project I am involved in (Circle of Love Letters program ). This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
Most of the cards use the images I share here on Flickr.
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
- Visual Haiku 1,990 photos, 234 members
- The Test Kitchen 2,015 photos, 328 members
- Good Mail Day 8,427 photos, 414 members
- Every day blessings 6,872 photos, 227 members
- Invitation to Photography: Give Me a Word 2013 52 photos, 50 members
- • CHRISTIANITY ╬ ΧΡΙΣΤΙΑΝΙΣΜΟΣ • Award 2 • 1,984 photos, 165 members
- Small happinesses ~ 23,180 photos, 1,173 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 14,982 photos, 13,308 members
- Shutter Sisters 383,835 photos, 12,239 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 610,449 photos, 14,913 members
- Religious Photos 67,481 photos, 4,765 members
- Window Wednesday 6,516 photos, 565 members
- MAGIC IN THE MUNDANE 12,979 photos, 354 members
- San Francisco POI 14,619 photos, 1,118 members
- Green Leaf 633 photos, 112 members
- Book Arts Jam 2011 28 photos, 9 members
- Spiritual Earth 1,563 photos, 579 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 30,991 photos, 2,096 members
- Water, Wind, Earth & Fire 14 photos, 35 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and Greater Plum Village Sangha 916 photos, 92 members
- I Am Grateful For... 3,665 photos, 329 members
- Lunar Lust: Glimpses of the Moon 358 photos, 138 members
- -- intangible delicacies -- 25,511 photos, 767 members
- The Art of Weed 895 photos, 146 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 11,256 photos, 717 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 9,393 photos, 369 members
- Contemplative Photography 18,263 photos, 699 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 97,503 photos, 6,470 members
- the beauty we love... 188 photos, 27 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 44,064 photos, 5,734 members
- All Pink All The Time 172 photos, 20 members
- Journey To Peace 1,761 photos, 113 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 186 photos, 37 members
- The beauty of the simplicity 1,958 photos, 189 members
- COP'D: Creation Of (a) Peaceful Day! 640 photos, 83 members
- The Great Jalaluddin Rumi 505 photos, 196 members
- Healing 13,092 photos, 1,058 members
- A Place to find Peace 22,060 photos, 1,324 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,911 photos, 2,002 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
5th December, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
20th October, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
15th September, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- Comfort Cards