PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- Geometric Beauty 149,364 photos, 9,612 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 96,913 photos, 3,003 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 1,100 photos, 254 members
- Travel Photography 2,090,800 photos, 83,331 members
- Fading America 68,963 photos, 2,213 members
- urban poetry 104,433 photos, 3,964 members
- iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 36,374 photos, 2,503 members
- opus cementum : architecture 488 photos, 21 members
- Funny signs 13,078 photos, 2,029 members
- Bad Signage 5,474 photos, 819 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,114 photos, 435 members
- Black & White Architectural Photography 974 photos, 119 members
- Jumping Project 49,212 photos, 26,920 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 41,446 photos, 833 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 23 photos, 12 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 7,302 photos, 214 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 8,326 photos, 643 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 29,076 photos, 1,773 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 377 photos, 32 members
- Funny Found Photos 922 photos, 76 members
- Vintage pics 16,108 photos, 365 members
- Analogue Photography 656,169 photos, 13,203 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 1,244 photos, 149 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 127 photos, 16 members
- 1930's and 1940's 12,832 photos, 829 members
- The 20's-50's 4,563 photos, 320 members
- B+W 411,961 photos, 14,567 members
- interesting roadscapes 1,768 photos, 127 members
- Girl Photographers 799,577 photos, 33,930 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 70,538 photos, 6,144 members
- Nikon Digital 1,623,160 photos, 69,073 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE). 22,938 photos, 1,062 members
- Digital at Night 10,728 photos, 601 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 19,049 photos, 916 members
- Old and Found Negatives 1,902 photos, 160 members
- Half Frame 5,372 photos, 376 members
- Overnight On the Road 4,203 photos, 136 members
- Vintage Teens 5,344 photos, 1,414 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 449,811 photos, 16,182 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,390 photos, 902 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 258 photos, 32 members
- Best Black & White!! **Cover Photo Comp Now Open**!!! 82,552 photos, 3,467 members
- Hipstamatic 292,483 photos, 16,649 members
- Cityscape and urban scenary 66,201 photos, 2,573 members
- Random Acts of Photography 15,548 photos, 618 members
- People and Paths 63,813 photos, 2,352 members
- 121clicks 11,140 photos, 3,870 members
- Found Film... 1,305 photos, 58 members
- Vintage Beauty (Pre-1950) 1,385 photos, 70 members
- Upgrade to Film 143,633 photos, 2,067 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
8th April, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
9th February, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
7th December, 2009
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
8th December, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
15th April, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
30th December, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken