PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,309 photos, 1,456 members
- 365okc 17 photos, 4 members
- Geometric Beauty 154,249 photos, 9,734 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 107,428 photos, 3,266 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 1,902 photos, 272 members
- Travel Photography 2,200,618 photos, 85,769 members
- Fading America 70,388 photos, 2,229 members
- urban poetry 110,505 photos, 4,178 members
- iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 46,523 photos, 2,990 members
- opus cementum : architecture 743 photos, 28 members
- Funny signs 13,311 photos, 2,041 members
- Bad Signage 5,412 photos, 819 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,088 photos, 436 members
- Black & White Architectural Photography 1,278 photos, 131 members
- Jumping Project 49,735 photos, 28,042 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 43,818 photos, 857 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 23 photos, 13 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 8,146 photos, 231 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 9,788 photos, 752 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 30,385 photos, 1,840 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 355 photos, 31 members
- Funny Found Photos 958 photos, 78 members
- Vintage pics 17,298 photos, 374 members
- Analogue Photography 689,047 photos, 13,806 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 1,332 photos, 153 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 125 photos, 16 members
- 1930's and 1940's 13,258 photos, 834 members
- The 20's-50's 5,369 photos, 327 members
- B+W 431,913 photos, 15,151 members
- interesting roadscapes 1,780 photos, 128 members
- Girl Photographers 814,554 photos, 34,373 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 75,850 photos, 6,369 members
- Nikon Digital 1,707,725 photos, 70,717 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE). 24,051 photos, 1,140 members
- Digital at Night 11,042 photos, 606 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 19,549 photos, 935 members
- Old and Found Negatives 1,995 photos, 161 members
- Half Frame 5,488 photos, 386 members
- Overnight On the Road 4,379 photos, 150 members
- Vintage Teens 5,490 photos, 1,419 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 468,999 photos, 16,690 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,496 photos, 914 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 259 photos, 37 members
- Best Black & White!! **Voting now open** 88,110 photos, 3,566 members
- Hipstamatic 298,266 photos, 16,685 members
- Cityscape and urban scenary 76,862 photos, 2,820 members
- Random Acts of Photography 17,048 photos, 649 members
- People and Paths 66,875 photos, 2,395 members
- 121clicks 11,732 photos, 4,526 members
- Found Film... 1,339 photos, 60 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
8th April, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
9th February, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
7th December, 2009
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
8th December, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
15th April, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
30th December, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken