I'm a lifelong aviation enthusiast and aerospace historian who took up photography in the summer of 2008. I've learned a lot and have seen a lot since then, and I try to enjoy as much of the variety of aircraft that bless the American southwest as I can. My favorite thing to shoot is aircraft under their own power, preferably in flight, but I will also shoot static aircraft and the occasional non-aviation subject.
REGARDING THE USE OF MY PHOTOS:
(Oooh, all-caps. Must be serious).
Please note that I retain an All Rights Reserved copyright on all of my images. Any party wishing to engage in commercial use of my photos should be prepared to discuss compensation - if you are using my work in a manner that makes you money, you had better intend for me to make some money off your use of it. Any use of my photos, whether non-commercial or for-profit, is unauthorized unless I give my consent first, so please ask for it. I am reasonable and easy to work with.
Also, I do not contribute photos to any "reference" websites or databases, so if you see any of my images on such a site, please let me know.
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 1,439 photos, 181 members
- Northolt Photoshoots 966 photos, 47 members
- Flickr Big Cats 89,912 photos, 10,410 members
- Phoenix Zoo Pics 2,771 photos, 199 members
- Space Shuttle Endeavour 3,217 photos, 601 members
- Boeing 777 38,826 photos, 1,493 members
- LAX: Los Angeles International Airport 12,885 photos, 346 members
- 8mm f/3.5 Fish-eye 38,722 photos, 3,391 members
- fisheye fanatics 86,124 photos, 8,526 members
- FishEye 133,417 photos, 13,177 members
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum 2,116 photos, 153 members
- Aircraft at Night 1,673 photos, 83 members
- Aviation Lighting Photography 136 photos, 69 members
- Give 'er the gun! 19 photos, 7 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,624 photos, 14,518 members
- Military Aviation of the World 6,139 photos, 165 members
- In Numerical Order 1,948 photos, 8,922 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,269 photos, 1,309 members
- Neptune Aviation 195 photos, 23 members
- E-sessions (engagement sessions) 32,580 photos, 4,493 members
- Happy Couples 43,262 photos, 9,477 members
- Cessna Skymaster 617 photos, 51 members
- Lensbaby 74,980 photos, 9,465 members
- Lensbabies 41,407 photos, 5,339 members
- Aquarium 50,310 photos, 7,628 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,482,344 photos, 68,889 members
- New Orleans 58,749 photos, 3,470 members
- National Guard 1,760 photos, 139 members
- MD-80 2,649 photos, 158 members
- Luke Air Force Base 1,148 photos, 40 members
- Biz Jets : Gates Learjet, Learjet Inc, Bombardier Inc 1,970 photos, 232 members
- CANON PHOTOS for all VEHICLES 59,214 photos, 681 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 2,732,605 photos, 46,819 members
- Propwash 177 photos, 85 members
- Aircraft: Bombardier Q Series 3,917 photos, 402 members
- Gear in Motion- GiM 3,298 photos, 115 members
- Sikorsky H-53 520 photos, 103 members
- Canon EOS 50D Users 53,166 photos, 4,377 members
- Black and White Aviation Photos 856 photos, 55 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 28,205 photos, 3,018 members
- The Golden Hour 9,603 photos, 889 members
- Golden hour photographs 4,175 photos, 396 members
- The Art of Helicopters (military) 8,698 photos, 455 members
- Call Signs 72 photos, 27 members
- U.S. Army Aircraft 1,044 photos, 61 members
- Typography and Lettering 149,193 photos, 23,177 members
- Vignetting 209,108 photos, 17,417 members
- The Best of General Aviation 3,316 photos, 326 members
- Military Decay 13,845 photos, 1,219 members
- !! Aviacion 100% !! 103,922 photos, 673 members
"Aviation Historian, photographer, and knowledgeable Friend. There is no trip to Nellis, or Phoenix that would be complete without Joe around. Joe is a great guy that has an answer for just about everything! I enjoy watching his site for pics that show detail, power and all around aviation rarity. Go get em' Joe.
16th December, 2009
"Joe has amazing photos. The airports he goes to give him a wide variety of things to takes shots of, and he does it well."
7th November, 2009
"I remember when I first stumbled across Joe's Flickr stream, I was so inspired by his aviation photography. When I found out we both live in the Phoenix area I couldn't wait to meet him. I could tell that Joe had the "eye" and his talent is self evident in his photos. It has been a great honor to get to know Joe over the last six months and to actually shoot with him along the fence. The thing I've noticed about Joe is he often disappears when we are out as a group... I think it is then that he comes up with some of his truly amazing work!"
1st July, 2009
"Joe started out getting people's attention here on flickr because he was posting lots of aviation action at an airport that nobody in the flickr aviation community "covers". Within a very short period of time he has established himself as a highly creative and respected aviation photographer whose site is a must hit DAILY. Its amazing to see his talents grow exponentially and he has a true passion for the subject he shoots. Further, he is a great guy and a kick in the a$$ to shoot with! Keep up the great work Joe, I cant wait to see what happens next!"
22nd March, 2009
Matt Ottosen says:
"Joe takes amazing aviation related photos, his photos are, simply, outstanding! I am inspired to take better photographs every time I look at his work. If you love aviation, then look to Joe's photostream (when you're not looking to the sky)!"
21st December, 2008
- March 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken