Due to the recent changes at flickr I will be moving house. I absolutely hate this so called new and improved flickr. For those that love it more power to you, for those that hate it I feel your pain.
I'm no longer posting anymore images on flickr or adding any images to any groups here.
For anyone interested I'm posting and have relocated all (with the exception of one set) of my images to ipernity: www.ipernity.com/doc/285591/album
I still have images on flickr but I think more than likely most will be deleted ... not really certain about that but either way you can find them and me at the above referenced site.
I've been with flickr since 2007, and have met some great people here. I plan on coming back on occasion to comment and say hi.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 802 photos, 1,966 members
- Vintage Bicycles 14,720 photos, 3,117 members
- I Like Old Uniforms...From 1700 To 1945 7,642 photos, 407 members
- Vintage doll photos 844 photos, 28 members
- Vintage Canada 1,239 photos, 115 members
- Early Photography in the U.S.A. 5,905 photos, 122 members
- HOLLYWOOD SPOTLIGHT 18+ (moderate safety filter) 9,596 photos, 457 members
- Vintage Photo Borders 212 photos, 233 members
- The Vintage Man 5,823 photos, 313 members
- HOLLYWOOD GLAM:100 YEARS (1910 Thru 2010) ! 1,146 photos, 306 members
- Vintage Photo Bomb 8,977 photos, 176 members
- Vintage Portraits of Black Men 58 photos, 27 members
- The Minority Military Experience 31 photos, 23 members
- Vintage Black Entertainers [1800s to the 1950s] 97 photos, 29 members
- Vintage Swimwear 1,519 photos, 333 members
- Group Pictures 5,020 photos, 192 members
- Jazz Is Life.. 2,066 photos, 135 members
- Vintage Background People 3,858 photos, 377 members
- Handsome Actors 2,193 photos, 101 members
- Fashion & Accessories through the years 3,592 photos, 138 members
- Women’s Work 670 photos, 85 members
- History Directory 54,922 photos, 1,867 members
- Vintage Women Hairstyles and Fashions Pre 1950s 2,604 photos, 119 members
- Movie & Television Stars 4,101 photos, 375 members
- retro hats 30's 40's & 50's 1,722 photos, 356 members
- The WORLD WAR II 1,973 photos, 447 members
- Images of World War Two 7,208 photos, 455 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,602 photos, 148 members
- Music and Sugar 3,670 photos, 263 members
- Antique and Vintage Baby Pictures 879 photos, 131 members
- Victorian Photographic Portraits of People 14,026 photos, 518 members
- Flickr Glam Parade - It's All About Glamour 21,894 photos, 2,347 members
- Vintage Divas 1,107 photos, 201 members
- Notable Writers, Poets, and Journalists 636 photos, 108 members
- Flickr: History 12,890 photos, 318 members
- Vintage Beauty. 1,635 photos, 346 members
- The Hat Group 1,451 photos, 162 members
- Fabulous Fifties Heaven (1950-59) 21,326 photos, 950 members
- Veterans of the American Civil War 5,765 photos, 774 members
- 60's and everything to do with them 2,408 photos, 135 members
- The Movie Poster....... 5,523 photos, 488 members
- screen goddess 4,504 photos, 494 members
- Deceased Actors 2,282 photos, 84 members
- Actors& Actress 25,368 photos, 467 members
- Civil War Era Portraits 1,891 photos, 174 members
- Photos from the 1990's 1,672 photos, 121 members
- Photos from the 1980's 3,213 photos, 313 members
- STUCK in the 70's 5,562 photos, 536 members
- Vintage Glamour! 2,515 photos, 343 members
- The 20's-50's 4,454 photos, 320 members
"Kicha is a wonderful person. She shows a humbling respect for history, and a rare excitement for what life has to offer."
3rd July, 2008
"Kicha's collection of vintage photographs provides an often moving and always thought-provoking picture of American history, primarily focusing on the black experience. These photographs sometimes amuse, sometimes educate and sometimes sadden us. We may not always like what we see but it is a part of who we have been and who we are and it is necessary that we face our history and not forget those who have suffered and those who have struggled. Thank you Kicha and keep up the good work."
19th April, 2008
Photography By Atiya says:
"One of the most elaborate and exquisite collections of vintage photographs detailing the lives of colored people I have ever seen. This is truly a collection to be both proud of and enjoy. I am so proud of Kicha for collecting the photos, newspapers, and magazines that she has and showing them to the world.
These images of Black people are images that will not be televised or publicized in mainstream because they depict a completely different view of Black people that Eurosupremacist society doesn't want us to know existed and still exists t some degree. Kischa has a great appreciation of her history and her ancestors.... Keep the knowledge flowing girl!!!
Love, Peace, & Blessings... One
13th April, 2008
"Everytime I sign on, I can't wait to see the new items in your stream. To think that a non photographer has such a compelling instinct as to what is visually pleasing or significant!! I know scanning these book is a lot of hard work, and I thank you for your contribution to making flickr relevant."
9th April, 2008
mz dee1 says:
"The idea of gathering all the photos and information is an creative endeavor.
I'm not a photographer... I just like to take pictures and its a new found hobby for me...
I have viewed your streams and comments.
and we all think that what you are doing is awesome .
I have spent hours looking at each photo picking out details...
and allowing my imagination to run wild,
as I peek into the past
Even used a few lunch hours viewing your streams...
Your are a photographer's dream...
You keep their work alive after they have long passed on.."
16th March, 2008
"this site is addictive and im its latest junkie..every time you think u have seen it all you discover something new, it is not only a visual treat its a history lesson full of highs in the photography and views of a time lost and in the lows in that a race of people were and still are treated in such an unfair way..but its a triumph of the human spirit to overcome all obstacles placed before it..we should all be grateful for the work and love placed in this unique collection."
2nd March, 2008
"Thanks for what you're doing in creating this important archive."
4th February, 2008
chiesavecchia collection says:
"indispensable source for the history of the blacks in america."
22nd January, 2008
The Nite Tripper says:
"You have an excellent collection of photographs! Thanks for sharing these with the world, they are very valuable, indeed!"
22nd January, 2008
mr broddy says:
"The historical work done on klbndc's pages is hugely important socially."
19th January, 2008
- December 2007
- District of Columbia
- I am:
- Female and Taken