Due to the recent changes at flickr I will be moving house. I absolutely hate this so called new and improved flickr. For those that love it more power to you, for those that hate it believe me I feel your pain.
I am slowly relocating my photos to another site. I'll eventually provide details where I can be located. I won't delete my account but the majority of my images will be gone.
I've been with flickr since 2007, and have met some great people here. I plan on coming back on occasion to comment and say hi.
I started two vintage groups if anyone would like to join and contribute:
Vintage Black Entertainers [1800s to the 1950s]
Vintage Portraits of Black Men
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 800 photos, 1,821 members
- Vintage Bicycles 13,942 photos, 3,027 members
- I Like Old Uniforms...From 1700 To 1945 6,955 photos, 389 members
- Vintage doll photos 568 photos, 29 members
- Vintage Canada 1,023 photos, 106 members
- Early Photography in the U.S.A. 5,290 photos, 120 members
- HOLLYWOOD SPOTLIGHT 18+ (moderate safety filter) 9,304 photos, 463 members
- Vintage Photo Borders 195 photos, 230 members
- The Vintage Man 5,314 photos, 302 members
- HOLLYWOOD GLAM:100 YEARS (1910 Thru 2010) ! 1,099 photos, 301 members
- Vintage Photo Bomb 7,442 photos, 171 members
- Vintage Portraits of Black Men 58 photos, 24 members
- The Minority Military Experience 27 photos, 22 members
- Vintage Black Entertainers [1800s to the 1950s] 97 photos, 28 members
- Vintage Swimwear 1,322 photos, 323 members
- Group Pictures 4,949 photos, 191 members
- Jazz Is Life.. 1,654 photos, 131 members
- Vintage Background People 3,301 photos, 357 members
- Handsome Actors 2,103 photos, 95 members
- Fashion & Accessories through the years 2,909 photos, 134 members
- Women’s Work 611 photos, 83 members
- History Directory 47,507 photos, 1,788 members
- Vintage Women Hairstyles and Fashions Pre 1950s 2,313 photos, 116 members
- Movie & Television Stars 3,827 photos, 374 members
- retro hats 30's 40's & 50's 1,557 photos, 355 members
- The WORLD WAR II 1,923 photos, 400 members
- Images of World War Two 5,983 photos, 440 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,571 photos, 148 members
- Music and Sugar 3,503 photos, 249 members
- Antique and Vintage Baby Pictures 827 photos, 129 members
- Victorian Photographic Portraits of People 12,739 photos, 508 members
- Flickr Glam Parade - It's All About Glamour 21,228 photos, 2,335 members
- Vintage Divas 938 photos, 195 members
- Notable Writers, Poets, and Journalists 599 photos, 109 members
- Flickr: History 11,885 photos, 285 members
- Vintage Beauty. 1,538 photos, 347 members
- The Hat Group 1,387 photos, 163 members
- Fabulous Fifties Heaven (1950-59) 19,119 photos, 925 members
- Veterans of the American Civil War 5,431 photos, 754 members
- 60's and everything to do with them 1,878 photos, 130 members
- The Movie Poster....... 5,406 photos, 483 members
- screen goddess 4,307 photos, 491 members
- Deceased Actors 1,918 photos, 80 members
- Actors& Actress 23,895 photos, 466 members
- Civil War Era Portraits 1,699 photos, 168 members
- Photos from the 1990's 1,567 photos, 113 members
- Photos from the 1980's 2,903 photos, 305 members
- STUCK in the 70's 5,104 photos, 534 members
- Vintage Glamour! 2,548 photos, 340 members
- The 20's-50's 3,430 photos, 312 members
"Kicha is a wonderful person. She shows a humbling respect for history, and a rare excitement for what life has to offer."
3rd July, 2008
"Kicha's collection of vintage photographs provides an often moving and always thought-provoking picture of American history, primarily focusing on the black experience. These photographs sometimes amuse, sometimes educate and sometimes sadden us. We may not always like what we see but it is a part of who we have been and who we are and it is necessary that we face our history and not forget those who have suffered and those who have struggled. Thank you Kicha and keep up the good work."
19th April, 2008
Photography By Atiya says:
"One of the most elaborate and exquisite collections of vintage photographs detailing the lives of colored people I have ever seen. This is truly a collection to be both proud of and enjoy. I am so proud of Kicha for collecting the photos, newspapers, and magazines that she has and showing them to the world.
These images of Black people are images that will not be televised or publicized in mainstream because they depict a completely different view of Black people that Eurosupremacist society doesn't want us to know existed and still exists t some degree. Kischa has a great appreciation of her history and her ancestors.... Keep the knowledge flowing girl!!!
Love, Peace, & Blessings... One
13th April, 2008
"Everytime I sign on, I can't wait to see the new items in your stream. To think that a non photographer has such a compelling instinct as to what is visually pleasing or significant!! I know scanning these book is a lot of hard work, and I thank you for your contribution to making flickr relevant."
9th April, 2008
mz dee1 says:
"The idea of gathering all the photos and information is an creative endeavor.
I'm not a photographer... I just like to take pictures and its a new found hobby for me...
I have viewed your streams and comments.
and we all think that what you are doing is awesome .
I have spent hours looking at each photo picking out details...
and allowing my imagination to run wild,
as I peek into the past
Even used a few lunch hours viewing your streams...
Your are a photographer's dream...
You keep their work alive after they have long passed on.."
16th March, 2008
"this site is addictive and im its latest junkie..every time you think u have seen it all you discover something new, it is not only a visual treat its a history lesson full of highs in the photography and views of a time lost and in the lows in that a race of people were and still are treated in such an unfair way..but its a triumph of the human spirit to overcome all obstacles placed before it..we should all be grateful for the work and love placed in this unique collection."
2nd March, 2008
"Thanks for what you're doing in creating this important archive."
4th February, 2008
chiesavecchia collection says:
"indispensable source for the history of the blacks in america."
22nd January, 2008
The Nite Tripper says:
"You have an excellent collection of photographs! Thanks for sharing these with the world, they are very valuable, indeed!"
22nd January, 2008
mr broddy says:
"The historical work done on klbndc's pages is hugely important socially."
19th January, 2008
- December 2007
- District of Columbia
- I am:
- Female and Taken