Totally disgusted with Yahoo's abrupt trashing of Flickr. When the CEO of Yahoo states there are no more pro photographers, you know she doesn't know about photography. Perhaps there will be a huge class action lawsuit. It would be nice if Flickr would at least get rid of the space wasting banners. What was wrong with Flickr the way it was? Oh, it was not flashy enough for the young people, the ones who are "photographers" because they have cameras in their phones and Yahoo wanted to take them away from Facebook. So Yahoo gobbled up Tumblr and destroyed the old Flickr in favor of the new gaudy version which, sorry, does not do justice to the photographers I know on here. Sorry, Flickr, but I don't see why you want everyone to upload full resolution photos when 72 dpi looks just fine on a screen.
If you do not have a photostream that I can see, don't bother faving one of my photos as i will remove it. DO NOT USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION EVEN FOR A BLOG.
I became serious about photography when I bought my first Nikon SLR in 1978.
Since 2001, I have won 87 awards in gallery, magazine, art, and photo contests. I have had 7 images printed in Black and White Magazine. In 2005, I won the Toledo Friends of Photography Award at the annual Toledo Area Artists (TAA) Show at the Toledo Museum of Art. I have made the TAA Show twice since then.
I have had over 50 matted and framed pieces at the Museum's Shop, "The Collectors' Corner." Some of my prints can also be found at Hudson Gallery in Sylvania, The Toledo Artists' Club, and The Red Wolf Gallery in Brevard, North Carolina. If you see anything you like in my Flickr photostream, I can custom print it for you.
I shoot with Nikons, the D300, D2x, D200, and D70, and still have my F3, FM, and EM cameras, although I no longer shoot film. Some of the shots in my photostream were taken with my Nikon 5700 (which finally went kaput), Olympus 8080Z, Olympus D40, Olympus 3030, and several other rinky dink point and shoots that I have not used in years.
Please do not copy or print any of my images. Many of my images are available in limited editions, 8 x 12 and 10 x 14 generally. I use only Epson archival Ultra Chrome inks using my Epson 3880, Epson 2400, and Epson 2200 printers. I like using Epson archival professional papers. Wilhelm Research states that some Epson papers with Epson Ultrachrome inks will last up till 300 years under UV glass. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing any of my prints. And, no, don't ask me for free use of my images.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 817 photos, 1,955 members
- Stardust Motel 138 photos, 86 members
- NINE"9" 21 photos, 6 members
- Vermont 16,554 photos, 968 members
- Vermont People and Places 17,669 photos, 1,243 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,435 members
- Adirondack Scenery 1,415 photos, 106 members
- Gulf of Mexico Wildlife - Before the Oil Spill 494 photos, 72 members
- Ohio Historical Society Group 2,816 photos, 204 members
- Forgotten Ohio 12,056 photos, 1,689 members
- Connecticut Cemeteries 4,630 photos, 222 members
- Help Save the Ash Trees 162 photos, 55 members
- Maryland 38,966 photos, 1,012 members
- BUILDINGS on/of Civil War Battlefields 131 photos, 81 members
- American Civil War Monuments 4,842 photos, 273 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 17,436 photos, 772 members
- Civil War Stuff 3,861 photos, 283 members
- American Civil War Battlefields 28,924 photos, 2,005 members
- Almost Heaven, West Virginia 12,141 photos, 476 members
- Wild, Wonderful West Virginia 17,805 photos, 1,047 members
- Country Magazine 16,695 photos, 263 members
- Structures of the South 25,027 photos, 1,022 members
- Upstate New York Barns 1,280 photos, 218 members
- New England Photo 49,679 photos, 1,601 members
- Eastern Connecticut Photo Friends 742 photos, 53 members
- Autumn in the Graveyard 6,822 photos, 633 members
- Autumn in New York State 5,167 photos, 340 members
- Birds, bees, flowers and trees 2,738 photos, 113 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 624,448 photos, 47,847 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 357,371 photos, 34,949 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 521 photos, 33 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,335 photos, 98 members
- the Catherine Project 196 photos, 26 members
- Tree Fanatics 21,030 photos, 1,430 members
- TREE PICS 224,210 photos, 18,247 members
- Lonely Tree 41,690 photos, 9,270 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 47,401 photos, 5,906 members
- Alternative Views 96,373 photos, 3,747 members
- The Ynyslas Dunes, Wales. Are there Better anywhere else ? 236 photos, 64 members
- Shopping Carts 4,206 photos, 671 members
- The Grand Vision 2,186 photos, 96 members
- John Mellencamp 677 photos, 35 members
- The Moody Blues 329 photos, 33 members
- mail pouch 1,796 photos, 233 members
- Flickrs Finest Fotos 19,491 photos, 580 members
- Rockforms 8,852 photos, 1,404 members
- Valley of Fire 4,138 photos, 487 members
- Ohio Wildlife ID and Appreciation 4,396 photos, 245 members
- Old Photos 118,754 photos, 7,008 members
- Sunrise & Sunset 86,984 photos, 6,536 members
"budder's heart is just as big as his photographical talent. or probably bigger. but that doesn't matter really for the bigger the heart the deeper the photography and it's not necessary for everyone to see. it stands on it's own, independently of what everyone says or not says, sees or not sees. i feel honoured to got to know him on flickr.
shine on mister."
6th September, 2010
"budderflyman is simply put - a great artist. He captures and creates splendid images which bring me joy. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work."
25th July, 2009
Holden Richards says:
"Whether in film or digital Michael finds the viewpoint of the classicist every time. Expert framing and careful exposures of lovely locations make Michaels stream a daily enjoyment for me."
5th August, 2009
"I always check out Michael's new photographs, because they are always wonderful, and his comments are always thought provoking. I feel fortunate that fate brought his postings into my world."
24th April, 2009
LaVeta Jude says:
"Michael is a marvelous photographer who is not afraid to take chances with his work. His imagination and great eye for detail make up some of the best shots on Flickr. He has an unusual way of composing his work which instantly draws the viewer into his photographs. I always check out his photos and I learn from them.
Michael often offers great narrative with his photographs and I think he should take up writing! He has a wonderful way of writing that makes you think a friend is sitting at your kitchen table with a cup of coffee in his hand. I look forward to reading his captions.
Above all he is a very kind and helpful Flickr friend who offers encouragement and suggestions. Michael is a professional photographer who always takes time to help other photographesr with art or technical questions.
I appreciate his expertise and friendship very much.
With Best Wishes.....La Veta Jude"
3rd September, 2008
Owen Reading says:
"Michael is a great guy who takes wonderful photos - interesting details from things you wouldn't expect to make great photos. He's far too kind with his praise and will always offer great advice on photographic improvement. All round a great friend to have."
17th May, 2008
Gray Summers says:
"These photographs are like having a favourite album. I love music and being able to dip into the treasured few from the vinyl shelf which is something to be cherished and treasured. Likewise these pictures. Sometimes it happens that you find someone who sees things in a certain way and you welcome that vision. We all have our chosen few and, whether famous or not, they make your day don't they? Well, one of those chosen few for me is the budderflyman. Thankyou and good fortune. Gray Summers."
24th March, 2008
- December 2007
- Grinder's Switch, Tennessee
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographer and Printmaker