These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography, and of course, traveling. Within the last three years I expanded into underwater pix, and have been taking a lot of shots in the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida now. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting diecast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing bad real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of your cats at all.
6.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- Die Cast Military 736 photos, 97 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 41 photos, 1 member
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 3,785 photos, 131 members
- Northwest Florida 2,837 photos, 173 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 605 photos, 80 members
- The Nature Conservancy 583,691 photos, 34,640 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 1,587 photos, 67 members
- Florida Kayaking 787 photos, 44 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 3,237 photos, 729 members
- SeaLife DC1400 689 photos, 21 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 12,524 photos, 256 members
- Central Florida Recreation 309 photos, 39 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 718 photos, 71 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 190,703 photos, 3,489 members
- Florida Panhandle 7,965 photos, 445 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 17,206 photos, 951 members
- Everglades National Park 7,350 photos, 588 members
- Kayaking 18,826 photos, 2,694 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 13,487 photos, 612 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 548 photos, 54 members
- Military dioramas 1,716 photos, 83 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 1,002 photos, 117 members
- Vanishing Florida 361 photos, 32 members
- Florida Bridges 218 photos, 59 members
- Sea Turtle 1,423 photos, 209 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 184 photos, 4 members
- Troy Springs State Park 24 photos, 2 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 1,570 photos, 249 members
- Manatee Springs State Park 44 photos, 6 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,613 photos, 301 members
- Diecast Fire-Rescue 960 photos, 60 members
- Bahia Honda State Park 241 photos, 23 members
- DIECAST Dioramas 4,990 photos, 155 members
- Stone sculptured by nature 2,605 photos, 379 members
- ~~~~Emergency Services Tribute~~~~ 59,963 photos, 293 members
- Florida Wild Life 11,815 photos, 248 members
- Natural Florida Outdoors 13,012 photos, 205 members
- Lovers Key State Park, Florida 45 photos, 10 members
- Weird and Wonderful Wild Fish- NO aquarium shots please 15,717 photos, 909 members
- Blowing Rocks in Jupiter, FL 157 photos, 14 members
- Florida Springs 1,159 photos, 83 members
- Florida Public Beaches, Gardens & Parks [directory] 18,805 photos, 1,756 members
- Wild Florida 40,980 photos, 1,352 members
- Florida State Parks (Unofficial) 6,027 photos, 729 members
- We are 1/64 Hunters 11,098 photos, 105 members
- Model Emergency Vehicles 3,611 photos, 116 members
- 1/43 to 1/24 Scale Diecast Police Cars 1,589 photos, 74 members
- diecastaholics.com 24,930 photos, 297 members
- Diecast Model classic American Cars and Trucks 3,449 photos, 87 members
- Model Police Cars (and other LE transport in miniature) 13,723 photos, 700 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer