Photography in its simplest form - The Art of Seeing.
Freelance photographer specializing in Travel, Nature, Nautical and Destination Photography. Credits include more than 100 world-wide commercial applications annually, newspapers, fine art photography, professional publications,
and private collections; as well as fee-based on-location portraiture work and governmental commissions.
My photographs are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission. I'm very nice - just ask!
Photos of 1bluecanoe (5)
- Birds Photos 1,246,149 photos, 51,136 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 42,439 photos, 7,020 members
- Project Weather 109,855 photos, 32,071 members
- PURE B&W 1,361 photos, 112 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 200,926 photos, 5,746 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 2,552 photos, 560 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 137,509 photos, 6,520 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 296,948 photos, 39,380 members
- Photographers and Their Subjects 2,814 photos, 341 members
- umbreɭɭa ɭand 590 photos, 53 members
- Presetting Lightroom 48,474 photos, 10,940 members
- Preserved aircraft 39,249 photos, 1,176 members
- Pure Abstracts 4,129 photos, 167 members
- The Gallery Of Fine PORTRAIT Photography [DISCONTINUED] 35,265 photos, 5,518 members
- Cloud Junkie 277,315 photos, 25,278 members
- Airplanes 332,414 photos, 7,753 members
- Wonders of Oxidation 41,105 photos, 7,866 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 45,898 photos, 2,626 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 3,867 photos, 120 members
- The Texture of Things (Animals, Plants, Still Life & Objects) 12,301 photos, 1,705 members
- Flower Flower Flower 207,139 photos, 21,724 members
- bitches brew 221,258 photos, 3,649 members
- DoF (Depth of Field) and Bokeh 10,570 photos, 487 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT 185,218 photos, 16,091 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,558,915 photos, 78,571 members
- Nikon P510 22,021 photos, 979 members
- Dog Portraits 29,447 photos, 5,971 members
- Through the Lens of an iPhone 37,630 photos, 7,565 members
- Rocks and Geology 68,623 photos, 6,039 members
- canoeing 3,971 photos, 373 members
- Roadside America 47,474 photos, 1,514 members
- iPhone iPortraits 3,396 photos, 219 members
- Seascapes After Sugimoto 789 photos, 659 members
- Artistic Self-Portraits 193,720 photos, 16,504 members
- iPhone 365 116,541 photos, 2,888 members
- RTC/NTC San Diego US Navy 156 photos, 28 members
- Beach Photography 424,214 photos, 60,801 members
- " AMAZING TREES " 88,641 photos, 6,148 members
- iPhone Photography 158,319 photos, 3,733 members
- So. Cal Shooters 74,419 photos, 1,381 members
- iPhoneographie 56,998 photos, 842 members
- Cloudporn 146,477 photos, 21,368 members
- Rural America 88,094 photos, 2,876 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 359,169 photos, 12,904 members
- Hipstafanatics 38,005 photos, 745 members
- Roads Less Travelled 38,181 photos, 4,420 members
- Washington State Downtowns (WSD) 6,679 photos, 410 members
- Abandoned Washington State 4,226 photos, 341 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,699 photos, 15,830 members
- The Power Of Colors 18,787 photos, 788 members
Gary Randall says:
"Ruthanne has skyrocketed to the top of my favorite Flickr artists. Her style is what I attempt to show through my work. We seem to see the world around us in similar ways and it shows through similarities in our photographic expression. Because of this, I always look forward to her latest work.
God has given you the love of photography as a gift Ruthanne, and it shows in your interpretation of "his" world."
21st September, 2009
I don't know which I enjoy most...your stunning images, or your touching stories. They both inspire and delight. Because Flickr is a photo sharing site, I was drawn to your photography first. You have a knack for capturing the look, ambiance and character of a place to the extent that I can almost feel, smell, taste or touch what is in the image. If it's someplace I have been, you immediately open my stored memories and all the sensations come flooding back over me. If it is someplace I've never been, I feel like you have given me an opportunity that I would have missed otherwise. I get to experience new places in an up close and personal way.
After your photographs drew me in, your storytelling ability completely captured me. Your wit, charm, and love for mankind entertain, touch, and inspire me constantly. Your way with words makes me smile, laugh, cry, and shake my head in wonder. You touch me deeply. Some of your stories stay with me for days or weeks, or surface at unexpected moments in the context of my own life and make me smile or cry all over again. The way you look into a person's eyes, heart and soul makes total strangers love you and open up to you. And then you write about the encounters in a way that touches our hearts and souls...and makes us into better individuals. You have a natural gift with words and turn the ordinary into magic with your camera.
Thank you so much for sharing those gifts with us (with me, in particular!) and for being an inspiration!
You go girl!!!!!"
10th July, 2009
"Ruthanne is one of the most gifted and talented photographers I know. She has an incredible creative eye, and seems to find an attractive angle or perspective in even the most subtle subjects that most people would pass by without a further thought. Her work makes us see the beauty in everything.... big or small. Some photographers have lots of fancy equipment, technical expertise and tons of education. But these qualities do not necessarily translate into creative art. Ruthanne has a natural eye for art, something that cannot be learned or pushed. She feels it and expresses with ease."
21st May, 2009
Dean Forbes says:
"Ruthanne has a remarkable talent. She uses a simple camera and simple processing tools to convey her unique vision of the everyday scenes around her. Her approach is very informal and is often humorous. I admire Ruthanne for how she achieves her images."
4th May, 2009
lucky e says:
"She has a happy heart. You can see it in her wonderful photographs. Most are an enormous pleasure to see…except her teasing moments that reveal a selfie-reflection or two before she hits the delete button. Layoff that blur tool, R. You look fabulous. Yeah…I'm pretty much stalking her. What’s yer point?"
8th April, 2009
Mr. Greenjeans says:
"As near as I can tell, I've been a fan of Ruthanne's work since April, 2007. That's the first time that I can find that I faved one of her shots. In the process of finding this out, I discovered many more hidden gems in her stream that made me realize just how good her photography is!
Ruthanne has an eye for detail and a wonderful sense of composition that shows in every photo she takes. Add that to her friendly and sincere personality and...geeze...what more could you ask for?!!!"
22nd November, 2008
"Ruthanne @ BluCanoe is the source,.......inspiration late at night. I put her high on my list of stuff that inspires. I'm old, I've seen a lot, but then she woke me up, and served a stiff shot of "hey LOOK!" .......I am a fan.
.....Colors, that remind you of why you are in awe .....of what great photography can do."
6th September, 2008
Anne Strickland says:
"Ruthanne's photostream never ceases to surprise, delight and amaze me. Her work is spontaneous, technically skillful and always interesting whether she shoots scenes from her many travels, slices of her daily life, still life, macros - you name it, this lady does it all with class and elegant style. I look forward every time I log on to flickr to seeing what Ruthanne has posted for the day - she never fails to deliver!
In addition, Ruthanne is a good friend, though I have never had the pleasure to meet her in person (yet!), she is always ready with an encouraging comment or something witty or clever to say. I hope someday that we can meet for a day of photography and good times. Ruthanne, you're awesome!!"
29th July, 2008
"Ruthanne clearly has a good eye for photography and am so glad to call her one of My Contacts.... always rewarding looking through her Photostream..."
27th May, 2008
Pierre Contant says:
"Ruthann is one of my most respected contacts on flickr. She is a natural artist and a true inspiration. Ruthann shows the world that spending thousands of dollars on a DSLR and lenses or hours of post processing is not require to make stunning images. I give Photography Workshops and always use Ruthann as an example of what is to me, a real photographer. Thank you Ruthann for sharing your images with us."
22nd May, 2008
Rut Kara says:
"Ruthanns view of the world is inspiring, I am happy to be one of her contacts, and to look at her wonderful photos makes me happy!
4th June, 2007
blairdashpb art says:
"Beautiful photographs - like a trip to the country......."
7th July, 2006
- May 2006
- Pacific Northwest / Southern California, USA
- 1bluecanoe [at] gmail.com