"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,404)
- Olympus Trip 35 38,666 photos, 4,364 members
- Ladders 1,259 photos, 484 members
- Paper Negatives 2,326 photos, 391 members
- Kodak Xpro 8,751 photos, 478 members
- M4-P (-2) 3,312 photos, 183 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 44,807 photos, 4,607 members
- Kodak Ektar Photo Contest 456 photos, 234 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 301 photos, 286 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 64,506 photos, 7,098 members
- Leica Elmar-M 50mm 3,491 photos, 363 members
- Ilford FP4+ 1,453 photos, 302 members
- Hipstamatic 272,035 photos, 16,389 members
- SONIAGALLERY◕‿◕CHALLENGE-SFIDE 1,777 photos, 2,859 members
- 6X6 BANGKOK 79 photos, 4 members
- ...Rolleinar...1...2...3... 1,469 photos, 304 members
- My Rolleiflex 966 photos, 105 members
- large format landscape 4,131 photos, 557 members
- The New f.64 Club (Large Format Only, Please) 3,548 photos, 399 members
- Rolleiflex Portrait and Self-portrait 789 photos, 141 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 20,224 photos, 3,838 members
- TMAX LOVERS 23,726 photos, 1,729 members
- Meniscus 49 photos, 14 members
- Film is Awesome! 233,361 photos, 7,744 members
- Simply Still Life 1,801 photos, 2,588 members
- Still Life Photography 29,172 photos, 3,913 members
- Kodak Commercial Ektar 22 photos, 19 members
- City 53,357 photos, 3,550 members
- Abstract Architecture 23,968 photos, 1,813 members
- Details of Modern Architecture 65,871 photos, 5,581 members
- Architecture Travellers 103,325 photos, 4,277 members
- DIE LIEBE ZUM GROSSFORMAT 1,057 photos, 84 members
- Carl Zeiss Tessar 2,224 photos, 166 members
- Kodak D23 135 photos, 35 members
- Club Tessar 6,258 photos, 481 members
- FP4+ 3,922 photos, 472 members
- Alternative printing processes 1,330 photos, 327 members
- Oldest photographic process 古典攝影工藝 733 photos, 84 members
- Gum Bichromate 1,766 photos, 304 members
- Paw Nation 19,990 photos, 4,342 members
- darkroom technique 14,350 photos, 1,411 members
- Harman Direct Positive Paper 533 photos, 235 members
- alternative photography 5,748 photos, 451 members
- Cyanotypes 3,573 photos, 935 members
- cyanotype 1,496 photos, 430 members
- AlternativePhotography.com 8,003 photos, 847 members
- Contact Printing 4,195 photos, 492 members
- Thai Alternative 50 photos, 13 members
- Salt Print 144 photos, 99 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 9,498 photos, 2,716 members
- Boxing Page 2,414 photos, 161 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
16th August, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
17th March, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
16th March, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
9th December, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
26th September, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
13th May, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
18th April, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
27th March, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
26th February, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
12th November, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman