"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,395)
- olympus xa2 4,672 photos, 475 members
- XA street photography 1,785 photos, 293 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 66,825 photos, 6,153 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 19,163 photos, 691 members
- Ricoh GR Fans 97,421 photos, 3,488 members
- Leica (Screw Mount) Cameras 16,998 photos, 1,154 members
- Darkroom Prints 13,016 photos, 804 members
- Darkroom Portraits 501 photos, 464 members
- Darkroom Work! 2,865 photos, 280 members
- Caffenol 16,197 photos, 2,385 members
- B/W_Analog 29,632 photos, 589 members
- Foma Papers 1,251 photos, 132 members
- Harman Titan 4x5 Pinhole Camera 504 photos, 177 members
- Ilford Ilfotec HC 200 photos, 35 members
- be Poladroid ! 84,751 photos, 21,471 members
- Germany analogue 24,742 photos, 687 members
- Moersch Photochemie 4,960 photos, 313 members
- Lith Printing Italia 130 photos, 26 members
- Lith Prints 1,157 photos, 167 members
- Lith Printing 1,919 photos, 275 members
- Olympus Trip 35 40,020 photos, 4,680 members
- Ladders 1,272 photos, 494 members
- Paper Negatives 2,886 photos, 424 members
- Kodak Xpro 8,840 photos, 488 members
- M4-P (-2) 3,786 photos, 200 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 51,749 photos, 5,218 members
- Kodak Ektar Photo Contest 440 photos, 274 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 312 photos, 349 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 81,316 photos, 7,863 members
- Leica Elmar-M 50mm 3,744 photos, 382 members
- Ilford FP4+ 2,083 photos, 399 members
- Hipstamatic 292,418 photos, 16,650 members
- SONIAGALLERY◕‿◕CHALLENGE-SFIDE 2,359 photos, 3,091 members
- 6X6 BANGKOK 87 photos, 5 members
- ...Rolleinar...1...2...3... 1,770 photos, 327 members
- My Rolleiflex 964 photos, 112 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,555,949 photos, 78,556 members
- large format landscape 4,544 photos, 606 members
- The New f.64 Club (Large Format Only, Please) 3,800 photos, 440 members
- Rolleiflex Portrait and Self-portrait 1,276 photos, 174 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 27,729 photos, 4,139 members
- TMAX LOVERS 25,360 photos, 1,875 members
- Elementally Challenged 69 photos, 21 members
- Film is Awesome! 337,922 photos, 9,763 members
- Simply Still Life 1,770 photos, 2,744 members
- Still Life Photography 37,336 photos, 4,523 members
- Kodak Commercial Ektar 35 photos, 23 members
- City 77,813 photos, 4,768 members
- Abstract Architecture 27,078 photos, 1,961 members
- Details of Modern Architecture 72,296 photos, 5,814 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
16th August, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
17th March, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
16th March, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
9th December, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
26th September, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
13th May, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
18th April, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
27th March, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
26th February, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
12th November, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman