© Lucie Debelkova / www.luciedebelkova.com's photostream Pro User
Joined Flickr on 08-01-08 and constantly updating my portfolio from travels to all those countries in red (92 and counting) :
For larger selection of photos visit my personal web - www.luciedebelkova.com
Join me on 500px | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Instagram
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
Photography is a great self learning process that has no borders. It is what I like about it the most. It should be far more than the simple act of recording a lasting memory. In a way, it is about tempting our imagination to create an outer image. In essence, it is an art form and a way of expression. The wilderness is the perfect palate from which to draw inspiration with its ever-changing array of natural colours, textures, shape and life.
Travel on the other hand allows us to discover new places with new atmospheres, smells, tastes & sounds. It allows us to meet other people with different lives, opinions, experiences or customs, just to let us realise that nothing is just black and white, that there might be visible or hidden reason for everything people do and just because we don't understand something today it doesn't mean we won't understand it tomorrow.
Here are few of my personal favorites :
Many of you asked me what cameras do I use. My digital photography journey started in 2001 (I’ve been taking photos way before that) with point & shoot Canon PowerShot A20, in a year after that I migrated to 5MPX Minolta Dimage 7i. Another year came and another camera change brought me to 6MPX Nikon D70. In 2005 I've made switch to 8MPX Canon 350D and end of 2006 I've upgraded it to 10MPX Canon 400D. When looking around the market for new upgrade on the beginning of 2008 I was making my mind between 12MPX Canon 450D or 12MPX Nikon D300. By pure chance I've seen reviews of new 15MPX Pentax K20D and it was quite instant decision as it offered the most MPX in its class and other great functions.
2009 – Canon has announced arrival of its new full frame 21 MPX 5D Mark II and I simply could not resist to get it. With that came new decision what new lenses to buy. I was heading for the 70-200 F2.8 however when I tried it out, I simply could not imagine that I’ll be capturing scenes in distant lands with lens that on its own is 1.5kg. As lot of my work is taken with wide angle lens I originally wanted to buy Canon 16 mm - 35 mm - f/2.8 L USM but I thought that most of my work is taken with F11 and above therefore I will hardly ever use F2.8 and I picked Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM. I had really hard time to decide what zoom lens I should get. When you travel and when you are out there capturing scenes of various nature you don’t have time to constantly change lens, not mentioning the issue with dust on the sensor. So after long consideration I picked Tamron AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC which gives me what I need. Later I've added Canon EF 24-105L f4 and travel more friendly Canon 70-200L f4.
Lenses with previous cameras
As I had different cameras, I had different lenses too. After having bag full of great lenses for Nikon, I decided to go with Sigma 18-200mm with both Canon cameras. It is very practical lens when traveling and there is less danger of getting dust on the sensor. I followed similar approach with Pentax K20D and got Pentax SMCP-DA 18mm - 250mm f/3.5-6.3 AL with wide angle lens Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM and Pentax D-FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro Auto Focus Lens.
I always quote camera info below my photos.
None of my photos are HDR or blended images, they are taken from just one shot
All my photos are under full copyright and any downloading, blogging, unauthorised use and or distribution of any image, will be dealt within the boundaries of the laws that protect these images.
Please contact me, if you are interested in using my work. More of my photos will be added to my flickr portfolio in coming weeks. Some locations have bigger image base not yet online, so if you are interested, please ask. All are available in high resolutions for printing.
If you're contacting me with regards to licensing my photos, please include the following information:
- Type of usage e.g. front cover print, home page web
- Purpose/target audience e.g. brochure
- Size of usage e.g. A4 @ 300DPI
- Circulation e.g. print run of 2,000
- Duration of usage, e.g. 1 year
Photos of © Lucie Debelkova / www.luciedebelkova.com (4)
© Lucie Debelkova / www.luciedebelkova.com's favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,010)
- Natural World. (P1/C2) 12,476 photos, 1,047 members
- Official National Geographic Group 454,107 photos, 15,405 members
- flickr clickx 108,658 photos, 4,802 members
- Pagodas of Myanmar 592 photos, 87 members
- *Artist of the Year* Level 4~Double Platinum P1/A5- Invite Only 19,136 photos, 3,019 members
- *Artist of the Year* Level 3~Platinum Hall of Fame-Invite Only 37,834 photos, 4,891 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 2 (p1/a5) 35,854 photos, 7,264 members
- *Artist of the Year* Level 2 ~ P1/-A5 ~ Invite Only 101,714 photos, 9,776 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 517,186 photos, 45,591 members
- *ANGEL AWARDS, POST 1 / GIVE 5 ANGELS , SWEEPER ACTIVE 184,154 photos, 7,558 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 43,090 photos, 6,366 members
- 100+ Masterpieces (Post one, Comment and Fave One) 2,185 photos, 181 members
- Flickr Stars (post 1 - give 5 stars) 150,538 photos, 9,808 members
- Nikon flickr Award: Gold 5+ (Post 1 award 5) 7,573 photos, 3,904 members
- Landscape Masterclass 1,522 photos, 400 members
- National Geographic Group 172,629 photos, 9,726 members
- Kings of Flickr 216 photos, 86 members
- **Masterclass Elite** Invite Only Post 1-Award 3 (Level 3) 11,876 photos, 1,481 members
- Faves EXTREME 300 35 photos, 27 members
- Sunsets in Europe (Post 1 & Award 5) 8,561 photos, 1,940 members
- Arctic Images 5,565 photos, 329 members
- Nightscapes - Natural Landscapes at Night 19,419 photos, 3,772 members
- Canon L Lenses 264,966 photos, 5,659 members
- LONGEXPOSURE 16,217 photos, 1,244 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 424,467 photos, 22,356 members
- Nature 1,243,581 photos, 46,610 members
- ~ Flickr's Finest (100+ Faves Only) ~ 6,013 photos, 651 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 202,426 photos, 3,613 members
- Scenic Splendor - Post 1/ Comment 2 6,764 photos, 537 members
- Scottish Landscapes 49,617 photos, 2,923 members
- Global Village 2 (post 1 - give a globe to 5) 10,486 photos, 1,361 members
- Sunset Seascapes 1,355 photos, 213 members
- Europe in photos 20,606 photos, 483 members
- Night Images 866,374 photos, 106,590 members
- Lights in the Darkness - The best Night Shots 12,991 photos, 929 members
- Fine Platinum 63,709 photos, 9,146 members
- Favorites: 200 1,466 photos, 1,195 members
- 6000 views + 240 faves 443 photos, 147 members
- 500 favorites and more 302 photos, 704 members
- 200 Faves, 200 Comments and 2000 Views 181 photos, 44 members
- *GreatPixGallery 500 Faves+ 58 photos, 30 members
- 300 Big Ones 640 photos, 223 members
- Light Painters From Around The World 14,990 photos, 1,471 members
- My Gear and Me #4 - Silver Selection (P1A5 Only Invited Photos!) 85,658 photos, 6,109 members
- My Gear and Me #2 - Premium (P1A5 Only Invited Photos!) 174,679 photos, 8,984 members
- Fine Gold 523,557 photos, 23,040 members
- Fantastic Landscapes (P1,A2) 5,264 photos, 277 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 4,156 photos, 539 members
- The Pantheon of Cityscape 963 photos, 148 members
- Czech Republic 58,417 photos, 2,365 members
~ Floydian ~ says:
"Lady of the desert, lady of the light, lady of the magic blue hour?
You name it and you will find out that all these names can be combined in to one person; Lucie Debelkova.
I know her and follow her work since many years and saw it grow and grow in to the professional steps of photograph and she is definitely on the top of the Flickr list.
Meet Lucie, browse through her gallery and you are getting inspired by her work..."
7th September, 2010
"Its the best Travel and landscape photographer i have ever seen !!
20th August, 2010
ibrahem N. ALNassar says:
"""""What can i say about this girl...The great Lucie
she is very talented and his work is really awesome and very special, thank you so much for being my contact! i am always happy to see your magical work dear i am proud that you are part of my Flickr world.
I just want to say!!!
You are fantastic!!!"""""
26th August, 2009
"Lucie’s photography is all about being in the right place at the right time. Light is crucial for the success of every perfect landscape photography and perfection is written all over her gallery. She has an amazing sensibility to capture nature in its full splendor, taking close attention to the light and the intrinsic characteristics of the place, lending a special mood to every shot she has the grace to share with us. She has also the amazing ability to choose the right framing from this immense world of ours and to me, this is the toughest challenge the photographer faces in every shot. To choose what window to record is not as easy as you might think, so my deepest respect for the work she presents here. That said, I just want to say that I consider her one of the best photographers I discovered in my entire life. And she has a lovely smile too. :)"
27th July, 2009
Urška Majer says:
"I love your work. Every photo is an outstanding piece of art. You make every destination look like a dream, cause you really have a talent for photography! Your photos make me want to go to all this places just cause the photos are so amazing and great composed!
I can't wait seeing new&new photos from you!"
27th May, 2009
"Each and every one of Lucie's photos show outstanding talent, and each time she's at the right place at the right time. What more can I say? Her photos speak for themselves."
22nd February, 2009
"Lucie’s photo stream is just amazing and you would think she is a photographer for the national geographic. Maybe she is? Her work is definitely outstanding and a must for everyone who likes to travel. She is a master of composition and colours. Thanks for sharing and for inspiration, Lucie."
10th December, 2008
Kah Kit Yoong says:
"A true world traveller, Lucie's ability to capture her locations at exquisite and beautiful moments constantly amazes me. I look forward to viewing more of her ever expanding portfolio here."
9th June, 2008
Johannes de Jong_ says:
"What can I say, the stream of Lucie is the proof of her magical photography skills. Not only technically perfect, but they all come alive for some reason (which is hard to catch in words). It is the essence of a true great photo and Lucie masters this art. She is right up there with the best, the best who master the art of true photography."
31st March, 2008
"If I had to pick one photostream on Flickr that I consider my inspiration, Lucie Debelkova's would be the one. There are numerous photographers here who have the technique just right, but very seldom do you see pictures that truly have a soul. These pictures do, Lucie is able to capture the true essence of a moment. A true talent."
25th February, 2008
"This is one of the best collections of photos I have seen on flickr. I think it's too bad that more people haven't taken notice of these, but I'm sure they will eventually. Everything about these photos is amazing: interesting subjects, great composition, beautiful color, incredible use of light - whether they are urban or natural landscapes they are absolutely stunning."
1st February, 2008
"What can I say about Lucie? Her photographs speak for themselves - they are soaring explorations of the world, with themes of beauty, mystery, passion and wonder. Many times I've clicked on to one of her photos and then just stopped and stared at it in awe. One of the most talented photographers I've seen. Brilliant, brilliant work!"
1st February, 2008
- Lucie Debelkova
- January 2008