Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team in a product management role. This role will combine driving Flickr product vision, product development, the user experience, and mobile.
The ideal candidate will be someone who deeply understands and is excited about the possibilities of great consumer experiences, social media web services, and understands the complexities of building quality mobile and consumer applications in this environment. You'll need to be an evangelist and a visionary, but also a pragmatist who knows how to get stuff done.
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Build a mobile strategy and product requirements for Flickr features focused on the core photo sharing experience on desktop and mobile.
- Partner with user experience team on projects to improve site-wide usability and discoverability.
- Drive product development and project manage the product implementation.
- Quantitatively analyze results to drive product direction & strategy.
Some key attributes of successful candidates will be:
- Have a deep understanding of usability and experience in building consumer mobile applications and websites for a broad audience.
- A proven track record in product management and development -- you should be comfortable juggling multiple simultaneous projects at various stages of completion, and know how to motivate and drive a project team to success.
- Strong experience working with web-based communities or social software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong tolerance for office tomfoolery and shenanigans.
- Desire to change the world.
- 5+ years experience in Product Management for web-based and mobile products/services.
- Solid technical/software development background with a BSCS or technical degree required.
- Strong experience in usability, UX design, and/or consumer product marketing.
We smile on those who already have deep experience with Flickr: please include a link to your photostream if you have one. Be prepared to tell us why you want to work at Flickr specifically.
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.